MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #3641
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
lololo
Ironically enough I was behind her at the HOV on Fuqua last week. She stalled her bike trying to take off, to her credit there was traffic and she was trying to enter the feeder rd.

But that's exactly what's wrong with this thread, it really is nothing more than a talking thread about random strangers. Blows my mind grown adults have been keeping this up for so long.
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not sure if this pic belongs on the Wall of Shame or what. Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-30-2014 10:52 AM
the band U2 builds wall to celebrate the fall of the berlin wall. RACER X The Circus 8 11-06-2009 11:57 AM
Wall of shame? How 'bout this for Wall of FAME? tomLSTD General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 06-03-2008 01:18 PM
Wall O' Shame Request mrclean Forum Updates & Feedback 8 09-23-2007 04:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #3642
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
Ironically enough I was behind her at the HOV on Fuqua last week. She stalled her bike trying to take off, to her credit there was traffic and she was trying to enter the feeder rd.

But that's exactly what's wrong with this thread, it really is nothing more than a talking thread about random strangers. Blows my mind grown adults have been keeping this up for so long.
well well well, look who it is...
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #3643
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
well well well, look who it is...
You're Mike, right?

It's been many years...... I hope you're well.
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #3644
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
To those of you that are whining in and about this thread. . .
It was started EIGHT years ago when the safety culture and attitude around this place wasn't as it is today. Tony and i theorized, that if we could help just one person, then we had succeeded in our quest. This forum has come a loooong way since then, and this thread helps keep ATGATT on peoples minds while browsing this site. I can totally appreciate the individual freedom to choose your level of gear when you get out and ride. You should try to appreciate why this thread is here, and what our intentions were we we discussed this exact topic many moons ago. Enjoy the ride, no matter how you're dressed!
I remember the first time (about 10 year ago) that I went to james coney island at Westheimer by Chimneyrock. I was wearing my suit and I remember how hard those kids was trying to make fun of me for the fact that I was all geared up
Today the attitude is much different... I'm very glad they start listening
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #3645
Falcon
Getcha Pull

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6 (Track)
KTM 450 sx-f (street)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post

Or maybe its a thread that might show a new or veteran rider who is afraid to wear gear in fear of looking uncool that rather the majority of the motorcycle community feels you look uncool by not wearing gear. In turn this might prompt a rider to don a helmet the day they happened to crash, saving their life.

I don't usually post in this thread but while I'm here I will say I believe the majority of individuals that do not wear gear have never seriously crashed and or experienced road rash. To each is own but I don't think many fully grasp the consequences of what can go wrong. I suffered a wee bit or rash after the pavement ground through my jeans and multiple layers underneath and I will say having experienced my far share of serious injuries, cleaning and scraping the road out of raw flesh is probably the most pain I've ever endured. I've always worn gear since day one but if that didn't prove to me its importance I don't know what will. I don't even ride down the block without it.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #3646
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

82c6f585
Old 08-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #3647
Marxalot

Bike(s):
2005 DR-Z400SM
2005 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
82c6f585
the_internet.gif
Marxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #3648
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Watch out for this ride... Cannot ride a bike

Last edited by M@tt; 08-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #3649
KTMRC8
MTLDRUMMER

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
KTM RC8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
lololo
Are those twizzlers hanging from the handlebars?
KTMRC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #3650
staysa01

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Or maybe its a thread that might show a new or veteran rider who is afraid to wear gear in fear of looking uncool that rather the majority of the motorcycle community feels you look uncool by not wearing gear. In turn this might prompt a rider to don a helmet the day they happened to crash, saving their life.

I don't usually post in this thread but while I'm here I will say I believe the majority of individuals that do not wear gear have never seriously crashed and or experienced road rash. To each is own but I don't think many fully grasp the consequences of what can go wrong. I suffered a wee bit or rash after the pavement ground through my jeans and multiple layers underneath and I will say having experienced my far share of serious injuries, cleaning and scraping the road out of raw flesh is probably the most pain I've ever endured. I've always worn gear since day one but if that didn't prove to me its importance I don't know what will. I don't even ride down the block without it.
Re-inflating a half-collapsed lung is probably the most painful thing I've had to do. 10 deep breaths every hour, as deep as you can go, with 6 broken ribs.

The major lesson I learned: people run stop signs, and not being at fault doesn't make it hurt any less, so pay the f*ck attention and take intersections slower.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	80680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	80681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0788.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	80682  

staysa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #3651
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysa01 View Post
Re-inflating a half-collapsed lung is probably the most painful thing I've had to do. 10 deep breaths every hour, as deep as you can go, with 6 broken ribs.

The major lesson I learned: people run stop signs, and not being at fault doesn't make it hurt any less, so pay the f*ck attention and take intersections slower.
When was this? Yeah, accidents sucks.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #3652
staysa01

Bike(s):

2 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
When was this? Yeah, accidents sucks.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #3653
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
No truer words! Just to be clear you can get hurt really bad even with gear on, the idea is reduce your risk. The doctors said wearing knee pads under my pants may well have saved my leg in my accident. Even though I was not at fault it HURT like mad! Not to mention the cost and rehab. Without the gear it would have been way worse.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #3654
AgPete139
Gas-burning enthusiast

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 500R (gone)
1975 CB750K Cafe Racer (project)
1987 BMW K75C (daily)

Quote:

. And very true.

My rash was painful when one day I was in "hurry" and didn't bother to put on my jacket or gloves. Helmet saved my jaw on the concrete though.

Can't imagine a collapsed lung and 1/2 dozen ribs.

Nobody is trying to "look cool" while wearing their gear. I mean, yea, the gear does look good by design, but it's because we are aware that we are surrounded by negligent idiots in tanks.

Back on topic: I wish I snapped a pic of a guy in a full face helmet with only cargo shorts and flip flops on (what looked like) an SV650.
AgPete139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #3655
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgPete139 View Post
Back on topic: I wish I snapped a pic of a guy in a full face helmet with only cargo shorts and flip flops on (what looked like) an SV650.
When a rock smacks his foot, he'll put it in a shoe, like I did with my hand with gloves :P It's amazing how a little scar on your knuckles can remind you that gloves aren't THAT bad to wear.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #3656
AgPete139
Gas-burning enthusiast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 500R (gone)
1975 CB750K Cafe Racer (project)
1987 BMW K75C (daily)

Doubtful. He didn't look too bright. Getting smacked with debris with the visor up sucks, too. I should have saved it and kept or in my helmet, huh? ha.
AgPete139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #3657
malave7567

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgPete139 View Post
Doubtful. He didn't look too bright. Getting smacked with debris with the visor up sucks, too. I should have saved it and kept or in my helmet, huh? ha.
Raised my visor to get some air, and a bee smacked right into my safety sunglasses (from work, I use them when riding too). So glad I had those on, it was right at my eye.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #3658
Track_Graphics

I wonder if you can get gear for kidney stones....... or a bladder infection.
a combination of fire, racing fuel, and shards of broken glass will brighten any dull day.
If pain is fear leaving the body, I should be fearless!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
I will say having experienced my far share of serious injuries, cleaning and scraping the road out of raw flesh is probably the most pain I've ever endured. I've always worn gear since day one but if that didn't prove to me its importance I don't know what will. I don't even ride down the block without it.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #3659
thebigman
Better get this Money

Bike(s):
lots of XR650L's
XR1200X
Passports/CT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
I wonder if you can get gear for kidney stones....... or a bladder infection.
a combination of fire, racing fuel, and shards of broken glass will brighten any dull day.
If pain is fear leaving the body, I should be fearless!!!!

Let me get this right ,

You have a burning sensation while urinating .

" No doc , when I , fire shoots out my , I and burned the bathroom down "

I know the feeling dude , 4 different times in my life having Kidney Stones .

10 on the pain scale .
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #3660
Track_Graphics

3 times. Narcotics don't do a lot. Morphine confused me enough to where I couldn't concentrate on it, but there was pain in the room - someplace. I knew it was there.
But never had road rash - THANK - so I can't compare.

Advertisement