MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #281
Fight The Chaos

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

i've only seen 1 guy wearing gear today...other than that i saw 6 squids but no camera >_>.
Fight The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not sure if this pic belongs on the Wall of Shame or what. Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-30-2014 10:52 AM
the band U2 builds wall to celebrate the fall of the berlin wall. RACER X The Circus 8 11-06-2009 11:57 AM
Wall of shame? How 'bout this for Wall of FAME? tomLSTD General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 06-03-2008 01:18 PM
Wall O' Shame Request mrclean Forum Updates & Feedback 8 09-23-2007 04:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #282
pros10
Rollin

Bike(s):
00' zx9r

im new to this site so feel free to bash on me,but i have seen videos of some members on here that are acting like they are perfect.you are telling me that normal riding with shoes,helmet and gloves(no leathers) is way more dangerous than riding wheelies at over 70mph on public streets as long as your in full gear?wtf?not all of you but many on here are very one-sided.i agree open toed shoes and no helmet is retarded.i would have to see it to believe that everytime yall get on your bikes you are suited up in full leathers.
just my .02
pros10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #283
Fight The Chaos

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
showimagejg5hz4

That's probably the ugliest F3 that I've ever seen.
gross, looks like vomit green.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #284
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Everyone has their own personal opinion on risk assesment as it applies to them and I am ok with that as long as they are. But in my opinion, everyone needs a helmet on.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #285
Fight The Chaos

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

I think its justified to post these fools up. www.squidbusters.com said it best on the top right corner of their site.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #286
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 600 BLK/SLVR & 05 GSXR 600 RD/BLK(LEOs took my BABY)

GOT ANOTHER 1....

CYPRESSWOOD/TREASCHWIG(SPRING AREA)
SQUIDdeleted
Im guessing he is wearing 1 of those titanium cut off muscle shirts,you know with the slide resistance material that keeps the road rash away....:confused1 Im still looking for that invisible force field kit that these chopper riders have,that they sale online that keeps you out of harms way. If or when you go down,you know the kit that you dont have to wear a LID or LONG SLEEVES or a JACKET.... Who does a BRO have to know around here,to get that KIT???::dontknow:
Old 04-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #287
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pros10
im new to this site so feel free to bash on me,but i have seen videos of some members on here that are acting like they are perfect.you are telling me that normal riding with shoes,helmet and gloves(no leathers) is way more dangerous than riding wheelies at over 70mph on public streets as long as your in full gear?wtf?not all of you but many on here are very one-sided.i agree open toed shoes and no helmet is retarded.i would have to see it to believe that everytime yall get on your bikes you are suited up in full leathers.
just my .02

I think you are missing what people are trying to show you. What good is wearing a helmet if you are gonna wear shorts and get rashed up? The pictures are not enforcing full leathers but it shows how people don't take the proper precautions when riding. Guess they never saw what road rash can do. I personally don't ever ride without my jacket, helmet, gloves, and some boots for ankle protection, but that is just me. Don't worry about what others think but from a responce like yours, it seems like maybe you never been in an accident yet, thank . I don't wish that on anyone but i do wish everyone would wear gear. The choice is up to you if you want to wear gear and by no means am i the perfect rider, but i for sure don't want to end up like this: http://www.cmyoung.com/bikewreck.html
or
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-4NdJRKGL...search=%3Aohmy
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #288
typeoneunit0
Zer0-Shrinker of Planets

Bike(s):
01 Roadie
02 R6 (Sold)

^^I am a squid, I don't put all that on every time i ride. This is a common argument in many forums. If people choose to do something that will cause them pain, then that is up to them.

In most cases a rider goes down because of mistake they make. I don't blame the car for pushing the biker off the road I blame the biker for ride next to the car. The guy shown on that site did that to himself.

You can wear the gear...put on the seat belt....never smoke....and you may still come to harm.

Some folk take the risk some folks don't.

Once again i am a squid....I choose to take the risk and I will face the consequences of my actions.

Nice pix, i am sure I will be on wall of shame at some point.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #289
pros10
Rollin

Bike(s):
00' zx9r

there again thats not normal riding.the guy is riding a wheelie on the tank with shorts and no shirt....retarded.so to answer your post yea if your normal riding is riding wheelies and acting a fool then yea you need full gear.but i see nothing wrong with the basic protection(helmet,gloves and shoes) for normal riding.
pros10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #290
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

This is so gay all of you back and forth, i thought this was the wall of shame. so just post your pics and leave it be.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #291
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

GEAR OR NOT 2 GEAR....

If yall look @ the main MOTOHOU page there are pics of riders,weather its a sportbike,dirtbike or a Chopper....Look very close and pay attention,those are professional riders that are aware of the dangers of riding on 2 wheels.Weather it be a closed course or not,the proper measurements for riding should be taken.Now if you ride a wheelie or not,you have taken your own safety into your own hands.But being that we are at the mercy of the pavement and other vehicles, that surround us weather it be our fault or not.Some of the (MOTOHOU) members promote the usage of the proper safety equipment to be used at all times,cause we nor yourself will know if or when it will be your turn to go down.And the last thing we wanna hear or see, that a fellow BRO or SIS to be harmed in any way shape or form....THAT IS WHY SUM1 has set up this thread to express their or our opinion,about not riding with the proper gear on even if it is to the corner store.So if you wanna ride without gear,and we catch you riding your gona get posted up weather you like it or not.Cause it is our freedom of speech to post our opinion on this thread!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #292
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

some of these pics are just funny to see.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #293
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

this dumba$$ was riding down I45 towards Galveston doing 85+, weaving in and out of traffic and even passing on the shoulder. SO STUPID!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00175.JPG
Views:	622
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5036   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00176.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	5037  
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #294
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeoneunit0
^^I am a squid, I don't put all that on every time i ride. This is a common argument in many forums. If people choose to do something that will cause them pain, then that is up to them.

In most cases a rider goes down because of mistake they make. I don't blame the car for pushing the biker off the road I blame the biker for ride next to the car. The guy shown on that site did that to himself.

You can wear the gear...put on the seat belt....never smoke....and you may still come to harm.

Once again i am a squid....I choose to take the risk and I will face the consequences of my actions.

Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #295
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

^ 45n from tx city I think I saw him and another guy pulled over on the inside lane for the brokedown PoS's. :-)
Old 04-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #296
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeoneunit0

Sure, most of these folks have ridden in jeans and a t-shirt....I have been guilty of it in the middle of July in 95 degree weather....but not very often. Ans if you mean your a squid as in you don't wear helmet, please don't show up for one of my public rides. Thanks
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #297
SCobraVT99
Dell Sales Representative

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2008 YZ250F

Send a message via AIM to SCobraVT99 Send a message via Yahoo to SCobraVT99
this is a chick, friend of mine...ride with her on occasion. She lives in belton tx i think...bad painter, can hook anyone up...she got rid of that R6...u should see it after she was done with it...painted it some custom pink with some in it, looked cool...she showed it for a while, now shes got a honda 1000 and shes lookin for a front rim if im not mistaken...oh well...but yea, its DEF a girl

[
SCobraVT99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #298
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
Ans if you mean your a squid as in you don't wear helmet, please don't show up for one of my public rides. Thanks
Here Here,I totally agree BRO due us the favor and DO NOT show up 2 any of HUMBLE CREW rides either....We believe in wearing SAFETY GEAR ALL the WAY!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #299
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

HD V-ROD....

1960/59 HUMBLE jus passed STARBUCKS 2day..
OFFICIAL WALL OF SHAME
Im guessing the "V" in V-ROD stands for VETERAN rider,so he WONT & DONT have to worry about going down ever....So that means NO LID nor JACKET is NEEDED!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #300
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice
PimpRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement