Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Thumbs up Respect

Tonight Show host, scary workaholic and full time motorcycle collector, Jay Leno, came to the 2010 Red Bull Indianapolis MotoGP event, where he was bestowed the title "Grand Marshall".

Two small yet significant snippets from that day at Indy:

First, Leno and the boys from his shop flew in from California, were transported to the track and then led to Yamaha US's hospitality unit where they quickly settled into a stack of juicy steaks prepared for them by Yamaha US Racing Chief Keith McCarty and Co. The slab of beef was in front of Leno for maybe two seconds before he reached over, grabbed a shaker and gave it, untasted, a healthy dose of "heart medicine" (salt). Seeing this, I felt I spoke for every portly, older male in existence when I said to him, from afar, ", I love you."
Later, after he'd driven every cool vehicle he came across, including the Red Bull MXT, talked to a bazillion fans, harassed Ben and Mary Spies, thanked the cooks and every cop he saw, Leno was afforded a meet and greet with Valentino Rossi. For some reason this would happen just moments before the start of the MotoGP race.

Leno came to the Fiat Yamaha garage and talked with all Rossi's mechanics, including Jeremy Burgess. Then Rossi came in, wearing his leathers, ready to put his helmet on; the warm-up lap for the Indy MotoGP race was minutes away. The two were introduced, and Rossi stretched his arm out to shake hands with the American comedy legend.

Leno did not shake Rossi's hand.

Instead, he dropped to his knees and bowed.
True story.

as it should be
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote