MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #61
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Well thats good to hear than. My point though was people make mistakes all the time. We being a lot smaller on the road compared to a car, we are a lot more difficult to see. So with that in mind ride defensively and expect cars to cut you off so that when it does happen you're already prepared. But out of respect for peoples "property" dont go messing up their vehicle because their driver is only human. I've merged into a bikers lane before and I made sure to let them know I was sorry. Not everyone is going to apologize but oh well.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BW8 lane filtering/splitting pics, bumpy ride on lane dividers urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 96 06-30-2016 12:29 PM
Share the lane (lane splitting is not a crime) stickers SideVinder650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-07-2014 08:30 AM
I would just like to say it wasn't me..... Houstonbussa General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-04-2011 01:15 AM
TX Bill for lane splitting goes to committee (yes, another lane splitting thread) exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-14-2011 05:35 PM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #62
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6
I always carry a handfull of 3/8 inch ballbearings in my pocket,And when someone cuts me off intentionally i give them a toss in the air and watch the car scatter. Works everytime makes them think about cutting someone off again. Done it bunch of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6
It just seems that cagers here dont like sportbikes and due to a certain few here that do all the stupid riding on the streets that has what made a bad name for the few who ride normal.
Hi there kettle... I'm the pot!!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #63
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

When you get cut off, just stick your foot up as your haulin by them and kick their side mirror off their car. Works for me! :icon_bigg Its gotta be obvious they did it on purpose though cause if its an honest mistake, i let it slide most of the time. I love it when your cruising and your about to get over and the car either speeds up to not let you over or wants to cut you off. Costs them a mirror everytime!

Last edited by Neversatisfied02; 08-19-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 PM   #64
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

According to some great people on this site that would make you an idiot, But who am i to say. The rest of the idiots thought my idea was dumb so whats one to do besides be a good boy from now on and let them run you over honestly, mistakes are always made by honest people right? Something about eating melons to.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #65
andrave

how about this. My girlfriend is 21 and just got her learners permit, she has never driven before. Riding with her trying to teach her to drive in houston has really made me what are really riding around, motorcycles included. If we are trying to make an exit and she has her turn signal on to get over a lane, she isn't experienced enough to know to look over her shoulder twice to see the bike flying by in the right hand lane carrying 30-40 mph over the speed of traffic.
Some people I know from the country come to houston and honestly aren't prepared to drive here, they are extremely intimidated, and I've seen many cases where people try to get over but no one will give them enough space and (omg) I've seen cyclists creep up on them and not give an inch either.
It doesn't mean they are bad people they just may not be the greatest driver in the world. Do you think throwing at their car is gonna all of a sudden make them an awesome driver? Do you really think they cut into your lane because they are evil cagers and they want to hurt motorcyclists? If you seriously think that you need some counseling for crazy paranoia.

Lets play your scenario out. Someone cuts me off, so I risk my neck by cranking the throttle to get in front of them. I reach in, pull out some giant metal , and toss em backwards. One or two might hit the car and shatter the windshield. At 70 mph there is a chance they might go through it and hit the occpuant, or her infant in his car seat in the car next to her. At any rate it will shatter the glass, throwing shards all over the car and scaring the driver. If they came into your lane they may not be the best driver to start with, so they will probably panic and swerve and wreck. Hopefully they won't die or be seriously injured, but then their car might swerve into others or others might rear end it. The ball bearings will probably bounce up and hit other cars (or the ones that missed the car you threw em at will hit other cars immediately). this will all create some kinda havoc on the road and I'm guessing at minimum a couple people will probably get their cars totalled and probably end up in the emergency room.

So in conclusion, because someone accidentally cut you off (you were probably riding in their blind spot anyway or following the car in front of you too closely if you really had no where else to go) you are going to try to kill them, their passengers, and anyone who might be behind them, including other motorcyclists.

You are one smart cookie. I just hope when you try that someone sees you do it and takes down your tag number so you get charged with a minimum of criminal mischeif. Just so you know, if they get your tag # anything that comes off your bike and causes others damage will go on your insurance, and when the fuzz finds out you did it on purpose you'll probably get charged with attemped manslaugher or something like that.
I just hope you are full of and talking that stuff on here to sound tough cause you think it makes you sound cool, and not actually doing it.

Assume you are invisible, and treat everyone like your grandma. weren't those 2 off that top 50 list to stay alive?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #66
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK954
PINBALLS WORK BEST!!:confused1 (i heard) and their cheep(i also heard)
group buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/55-Mirror-Glaze-...QQcmdZViewItem

balls100

EDIT: ok i read the post above... u sent me packin on a guilt trip...

...esp about the baby in a car seat....

...how about paintballs or summin?...

Last edited by Chris24; 08-19-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:40 AM   #67
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
how about this. My girlfriend is 21 and just got her learners permit, she has never driven before. Riding with her trying to teach her to drive in houston has really made me what are really riding around, motorcycles included. If we are trying to make an exit and she has her turn signal on to get over a lane, she isn't experienced enough to know to look over her shoulder twice to see the bike flying by in the right hand lane carrying 30-40 mph over the speed of traffic.
Some people I know from the country come to houston and honestly aren't prepared to drive here, they are extremely intimidated, and I've seen many cases where people try to get over but no one will give them enough space and (omg) I've seen cyclists creep up on them and not give an inch either.
It doesn't mean they are bad people they just may not be the greatest driver in the world. Do you think throwing at their car is gonna all of a sudden make them an awesome driver? Do you really think they cut into your lane because they are evil cagers and they want to hurt motorcyclists? If you seriously think that you need some counseling for crazy paranoia.

Lets play your scenario out. Someone cuts me off, so I risk my neck by cranking the throttle to get in front of them. I reach in, pull out some giant metal , and toss em backwards. One or two might hit the car and shatter the windshield. At 70 mph there is a chance they might go through it and hit the occpuant, or her infant in his car seat in the car next to her. At any rate it will shatter the glass, throwing shards all over the car and scaring the driver. If they came into your lane they may not be the best driver to start with, so they will probably panic and swerve and wreck. Hopefully they won't die or be seriously injured, but then their car might swerve into others or others might rear end it. The ball bearings will probably bounce up and hit other cars (or the ones that missed the car you threw em at will hit other cars immediately). this will all create some kinda havoc on the road and I'm guessing at minimum a couple people will probably get their cars totalled and probably end up in the emergency room.

So in conclusion, because someone accidentally cut you off (you were probably riding in their blind spot anyway or following the car in front of you too closely if you really had no where else to go) you are going to try to kill them, their passengers, and anyone who might be behind them, including other motorcyclists.

You are one smart cookie. I just hope when you try that someone sees you do it and takes down your tag number so you get charged with a minimum of criminal mischeif. Just so you know, if they get your tag # anything that comes off your bike and causes others damage will go on your insurance, and when the fuzz finds out you did it on purpose you'll probably get charged with attemped manslaugher or something like that.
I just hope you are full of and talking that stuff on here to sound tough cause you think it makes you sound cool, and not actually doing it.

Assume you are invisible, and treat everyone like your grandma. weren't those 2 off that top 50 list to stay alive?

That exactly why you dont keep plates on your bike and you sure as dont keep insurance. Anytime the cops try to pull you over, just run! Its easy to get away so **** it. You have your opinion and i have mine. :icon_bigg
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #68
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

this thread is no longer serving a purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
That exactly why you dont keep plates on your bike and you sure as dont keep insurance. Anytime the cops try to pull you over, just run! Its easy to get away so **** it. You have your opinion and i have mine. :icon_bigg
keep you etl in san antonio - and off this board...

motohouston does not condone etl, ftp bs...

k thx...

Advertisement