MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #41
MANSON6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 636

Just make sure you get in front of them, Plincks there windshield relly good.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BW8 lane filtering/splitting pics, bumpy ride on lane dividers urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 96 06-30-2016 12:29 PM
Share the lane (lane splitting is not a crime) stickers SideVinder650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-07-2014 08:30 AM
I would just like to say it wasn't me..... Houstonbussa General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-04-2011 01:15 AM
TX Bill for lane splitting goes to committee (yes, another lane splitting thread) exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-14-2011 05:35 PM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #42
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

You're invisible on the bike, dude.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #43
1FastMF

Member Garage

Spark plugs work really good too...not that I know.....ummmmmm heard it somewhere.....the ceramic body "roadmaps" a windshield.....99 % target accurate, easy to carry and grab from ur pocket.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #44
andrave

yeah cause what I really want is someone in a 4000lb SUV REALLY REALLY mad at me and riding my trying to write down my tag number or something. If you hit them with a ball bearing on a pinball I'd say there is 0 chance they are gonna stop to see if you are ok once they rear end you and send you flying into the K rail.

Besides all the metal in your pocket when you ride? I go for the lightest stuff possible in houston heat. I want every little inch of that fabric that can be to be vented or at least not dragging down on my body making the heat worse.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #45
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob
Yeah, I try not to ride alongside them but if you commute during rush hour it's impossible not to.

I'm sure commuting on the bike is not the best idea but I'm getting 46+ mpg. That's how I justified the expense of buying the bike. I figured if I spend $200+ a month on gas a bike will cut that roughly in half leaving me $100, so my 2 year $240/mo motorcycle note effectively becomes $140.

How can I not get a zx6r for $140 a month???

:icon_smil
That's bad logic, haha... you're forgetting a 'few' expenses that come with a bike and not a car.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #46
jacob

Bike(s):
2005 FZ1

Send a message via AIM to jacob Send a message via Yahoo to jacob
Haha yeah that's become abundantly clear in the last couple weeks. I'm hoping those costs are mostly upfront, not recurring.

I've got all my gear now... a full set of leathers, track boots, axle stands, etc. And my factory service manual should be delivered in a few days too!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #47
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6
I always carry a handfull of 3/8 inch ballbearings in my pocket,And when someone cuts me off intentionally i give them a toss in the air and watch the car scatter. Works everytime makes them think about cutting someone off again. Done it bunch of times.
Thats pretty fukin smart, One dumbass cuts you off & you -up everyone else on the roads ride. I'm right there with ya till ya start flinging out into traffic.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #48
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob
Haha yeah that's become abundantly clear in the last couple weeks. I'm hoping those costs are mostly upfront, not recurring.
Rear tires every 3000-5000 miles around... $125
Front tires every 5000-7500 miles around... $100
Flux Capacitor recalibration every year... $150ish
Oil change 2000 miles... $50
New chain every 15k miles... $75
Blinker fluid every year... $175
:icon_bigg
Old 08-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #49
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
I always carry a handfull of 3/8 inch ballbearings in my pocket,And when someone cuts me off intentionally i give them a toss in the air and watch the car scatter. Works everytime makes them think about cutting someone off again. Done it bunch of times.
You're an absolute dumbass if you honestly do that and aren't just blowing smoke...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #50
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Rear tires every 3000-5000 miles around... $125
Front tires every 5000-7500 miles around... $100
Flux Capacitor recalibration every year... $150ish
Oil change 2000 miles... $50
New chain every 15k miles... $75
Blinker fluid every year... $175
:icon_bigg

Does the Flux Capacitor recal come with a dyno run?
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #51
MANSON6

Bike(s):
2005 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
You're an absolute dumbass if you honestly do that and aren't just blowing smoke...
If it comes to my life and someone causing me injury yae im gonna **** someones up. I cant help it if you dont have the to do it thats not my problem but dont sit there and call someone a dumbass cuz your to scared to defend yourself if someone cuts your dumbass off in traffic. My bike cost money and if someone cuts me off without paying attention then screw them im going to screw there vehicle up. So basically i think you a fuggin idiot for making that statement. Someone was talking about throwing sparkplugs and he isnt a dumbass? **** YOU.

Last edited by MANSON6; 08-19-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #52
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
My bike cost money and if someone cuts me off without paying attention then screw them im going to screw there vehicle up.
Quote:
So basically i think you a fuggin idiot for making that statement.
You're an idiot. Why risk your life trying to prove a point? Cars come into my lane all the time. All I did was get used to it. People make mistakes, get over it. But why would you want to damage someones car when they didn't even touch yours. Learn how to choose lane position to your advantage for situations like this and you should be fine most of the time and have more than enough time to avoid being hit.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #53
RICKITT
"Poser alley"

Bike(s):
I cant ride no bike..

Send a message via Yahoo to RICKITT
BS Drama..
Old 08-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #54
Steven

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R

For myself, I am more understanding if the person in the car at least holds up a hand to say "Sorry" if they accidently come over on me. The few people that I've actually took action upon either flipped me off or yelled something at me after they did it. I've had a couple people try to burn off afterwards as if they were gonna pull away from sportbike in their 1/2 ton Chevy pickup!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #55
MANSON6

Bike(s):
2005 636

99% of the time here in San Antonio the people either have a cell phone in there hand or a cigarette in the other and dont pay attention. This happens all the time here, And usually they dont give a and they shoot there finger at you before you get the chance, So i will take my chances i make payments like everyone else does and pay insurance like they do so on them. They literally try and make you swerve or react to the way they drive down here. They all drive with there heads up there .
Old 08-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #56
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
if you did that out in crosby you'd get "melon'd"

What is that? Well.. it's where the guy in the truck has a watermelon, and while your riding down the road beside him, he hands it to you "heah"
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #57
MANSON6

Bike(s):
2005 636

The people who eat melons ride motorcycles also. They are just as about the way cagers drive also.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #58
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
99% of the time here in San Antonio the people either have a cell phone in there hand or a cigarette in the other and dont pay attention. This happens all the time here, And usually they dont give a and they shoot there finger at you before you get the chance, So i will take my chances i make payments like everyone else does and pay insurance like they do so on them. They literally try and make you swerve or react to the way they drive down here. They all drive with there heads up there .
so if you ride like an idiot down the road on your bike, does that give people the right to start throwing out the window at you? Why escalate the situation anymore?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #59
MANSON6

Bike(s):
2005 636

See thats the difference between me and most people, Ive wrecked a couple of times and now i dont ride like an idiot on the highway. Ive had to many friends killed here in S.A so ive learned my lesson, Im generally corteous of other drivers and dont do the wheelies and stoppies and on highways, So yes i ride with other peoples respect in mind. Now i leave all the high speed knee draggin for the track TWS (Texas World Speedway) and Cresson which i freqeunt. It just seems that cagers here dont like sportbikes and due to a certain few here that do all the stupid riding on the streets that has what made a bad name for the few who ride normal.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #60
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
If it comes to my life and someone causing me injury yae im gonna **** someones up. I cant help it if you dont have the to do it thats not my problem but dont sit there and call someone a dumbass cuz your to scared to defend yourself if someone cuts your dumbass off in traffic. My bike cost money and if someone cuts me off without paying attention then screw them im going to screw there vehicle up. So basically i think you a fuggin idiot for making that statement. Someone was talking about throwing sparkplugs and he isnt a dumbass? **** YOU.
Hahaha... you're an idiot. Good luck with your life, sounds like you need it.

BTW... happens on the road. You're just more vulnerable on a bike. Get used to it. We've all had close calls and some of us have actually been hit by cars! That doesn't give YOU the right to endanger EVERYONE behind you because one person made a mistake.

Advertisement