MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #21
Twenty Six

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1988 Huffy Vortex (Track Bike)
Radio Flyer Tricycle (SOLD)
Schwinn Beach Cruiser (Stunt Bike)
MV Agusta F4 (Garage Queen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Fontenot View Post
WOW! What a set up! Those Musicman basses are Beautiful instruments, and that Mesa rig is sweet. Awesome!
Thanks!!!...... I was a big Warwick fanatic til about 2005 when I got my first Stingray. At the time my main bass was a Corvette F.N.A. which has the same single Humbucker pickup as the Stingray basses. Only I like how the Stingray was able to get to a really harshly bright tone which worked good mixed with a heavily overdriven bass line. It didn't take me long to drop the whole Warwick thing and acquire nothing but MUSICMAN basses. As far as the Mesa rig,.....been my dream rig since 2004 when the Big Block 750 hit the market. Before that I used 2 Ampeg SVT-3 Pros, through 2 Ampeg PR-410HLF cabs. I've pretty much already figured out that I'll probably be a Mesa fan for life now.

Last edited by Twenty Six; 12-19-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Twenty Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riders down: Meaner-n-u & guitar man tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 105 07-06-2009 02:12 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Was wondering.. BlackWidow Events, Meets and Rides 6 11-11-2006 12:14 AM
Just wondering? Red Off Topic 13 10-30-2006 11:14 PM
Wondering???? Vail's04R6 Cruisers Lounge 7 08-28-2006 08:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
Twenty Six

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1988 Huffy Vortex (Track Bike)
Radio Flyer Tricycle (SOLD)
Schwinn Beach Cruiser (Stunt Bike)
MV Agusta F4 (Garage Queen)

Here is a stage shot, of me using my old Bongo 4... wish I still had that bass
29949 118730944826354 100000683481912 154669 3025295 n
Twenty Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #23
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

I've had a few guitars. A Gibson Les Paul Studio (the blingy white with gold one), several Peavey Firenzas, a Peavey Nitro and an Ovation Elite 1778T come to mind. Currently I have a Gibson SG Standard, Gibson Flying V Faded and a Peavey Firenza (with P-90s). I'm not much of a guitar player, though. I'm a recovering drummer.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #24
Txagharrison
Highsida 50

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki V-Strom
2006 Honda 919

Interesting, I've noticed the common link between love of motorcycling and playing guitar as well.

I played in a garage band during high school and college. At the time I was a decent guitar player. Today I have the equipment, but seldom pick it up.

On the other hand, I ride several times a week...
Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I play guitar. I'm a lefty and have been playing about 14 years ish. I'm still don't consider myself any good. Love to play though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #26
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Six View Post
Here is a stage shot, of me using my old Bongo 4... wish I still had that bass
29949 118730944826354 100000683481912 154669 3025295 n
lol, I was thinking the other day that I wish I still had my Fender P Bass lyte and David Eden stack.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #27
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
nice.

6 string fretless.
510e9eb3
you da man !
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Been noodling on the guitar for over a decade. I pick it up... I put it down. I've only taken one lesson in my life. Its on my short list of things to accomplish before I die.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #29
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Been noodling on the guitar for over a decade. I pick it up... I put it down. I've only taken one lesson in my life. Its on my short list of things to accomplish before I die.
Same here, actually been carrying one around for......uh, never mind. A VERY long time, never have taken a lesson but maybe one day.
Anyway, 3 guitars and 5 Mandolins have managed to end up in the house.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #30
Diderich

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Sprint Ride Smart

I've been playing bass for probably 10 years now, but only seriously for about 5 years...Still just a hobby, though. I'm in a band with another guy on this board, Angst (7 whole posts! wow).

Last edited by Diderich; 12-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Diderich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
Ken Fontenot
Tracker1

Bike(s):
'00 Suzuki SV-650 Cafe
'86 yamaha Venture Royale w/California sidecar
'75 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker
'99 Excelsior Henderson Super X

Member Garage

Guitarman, I played in a band in the early 90's around nw houston as well, actually was a harmonica player in the band, was a lot of fun and do miss it sometimes. Sounds like you have plenty equipment to have fun with!

Twenty-Six, I liked the Corvettes as well but Your Stingrays are awesome! I have a Mesa myself, its a mid 90's "Maverick". Absolutly love it, like ya said once a mesa man, always a mesa man!

Racer997, Those peavey Firenzas are great guitars, I love the P-90s, not a very quiet pickup but nothing compares to THAT tone! I just got rid of an Ovation Elite also, partial trade for my '52 Reissue Tele. Not any good at it here either but sure have fun with it!

Txagharrison, You need to break that stuff back out again, You can play and still ride a few times a week.

KeithHubbard, Thats a fine 6 string bass!

Po-Po 5.0, I keep threatning to take lessons too but untill then I'll keep hacking away at it.......stress relief.

BadChev, Funny how they can just appear in the house isnt it. You cant have too many, at least that what I keep telling my wife.....only 20 or so guitars and about 5 amps here...LOL. 5 mandolins...wow!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
Ken Fontenot
Tracker1

Bike(s):
'00 Suzuki SV-650 Cafe

Member Garage

Diderich, Cool, theres a band in the membership! Where do you guys play? We go out every weekend looking for local bands to listen to, we would love to catch a show....keep us informed please. Does the band have a website?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #33
Diderich

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Sprint Ride Smart

Quote:
Diderich, Cool, theres a band in the membership! Where do you guys play? We go out every weekend looking for local bands to listen to, we would love to catch a show....keep us informed please. Does the band have a website?
We just played last night in the Studio room at warehouse live. We try and gig once a month, but we don't have anything lined up for January yet. We'll find something.

www.findingreason.net has a bunch of songs and videos up, as well as a mailing list sign up and links to facebook and twitter...
Diderich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #34
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Ive been playing a couple years now, just got an acoustic for my birthday. Ive been playing drums for about 15 years, and recently got a Djembe. Playing an instrument just takes you to another mindset, and is something I truly enjoy and will pass to my kids. Life without music would be not worth living.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #35
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

I own a guitar, but I'm no good with it. My problem is I want to play more lead metal type music, but I currently can't do it, and wind up getting discouraged when I don't get it or the sound I want, and am not sure what/how to practice to get to that level.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
7cain
Resident Ginja

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

I have some instruments as well. Ibanez acoustic, a few wood flutes, a couple of ocarinas, djembe, Yamaha Motif 8 keyboard, and about 3000 watts of power, 7ft grand piano, and my brother brought me a Berimbau from Brazil I am most skilled with the piano and keyboard. I play a lot of Metallica songs on the guitar though.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #37
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I have 2 electrics and 2 acoustics right now. I like to play blues, old rock, new rock, punk and any/all kinds of metal. I love me some distortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #38
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
I currently have 3 electrics and 1 acoustic. I'm finally closing in on a sound I like, but I think its going to take me a mesa dual rec to get what I really want.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 12-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
Ken Fontenot
Tracker1

Bike(s):
'00 Suzuki SV-650 Cafe

Member Garage

Mesa Boogies are excellent amps, I've owned three over the years and have sold all of them cept the one I have now. Its a mid 90's Mavrick 2x12, Celestians, Dual rectifier. Its a keeper.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #40
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Mesa Boogies are excellent amps, I've owned three over the years and have sold all of them cept the one I have now. Its a mid 90's Mavrick 2x12, Celestians, Dual rectifier. Its a keeper.

I'm still playing through a Peavey Bravo 112 that I bought in '95 from a shop. At the time I didn't know anything about tone, but it was a tube amp, had good reviews, and at the ripe age of 13 I thought that that was enough to make an amp sound good. I then spent the next 14 years changing tubes, changing guitars, and changing pickups trying to squeeze a tone out of this amp that I was happy with. Finally, about 6 months ago I bought an avatar 2x12 with celestion C30s, and disconnected the internal Blue Marvel speaker in the combo. does it sound a hundred times better. Finally ending up with a LP knockoff made it sound even better. However, its still not exactly what I want. All the artists whos tones I like the most are playing dual/trip recs so in the end....thats probably what I'll get to replace what I have.

Along the way, I've managed to learn a lot about what goes into a guitar tone, and how to shape things to sound pleasing. Well, pleasing to me at least.

CMRA #302

Advertisement