MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
need help. new owner of my bike allready broke it, and blaming me

Quite a few people on this forum know me, and my bike, and how much I took care of it. I rode almost 1500 miles on it, and never had any major problems, everything was always good on it. I used it every day to go to work, and then almost every weekend went out riding. Im just stating this so show that the bike did infact run good.
This guy who found my bike for sale, I dont know on where, came up to my work just to see it. he turned it on, and took it home. didint ride it or anything.
the title paper work is allready filled out.
He calls me today and tells me it started loosing power on him while going home, and all it does is crank over. he did say he put it on reserve.

I come to find out he rode it around last night, and then to work today. When I gave it to him, it did not have very much gas in it, almost time to fill up. I, being the honest ****ing seller I am, waste my gas and drive allllll the way out to seally (past katy) to help fix it. I even pay for gas for the bike.
everything is checking out ok and I belive he clogged up the fuel tank, or carbs from running the tank too low.
I also noticed my brake lever bent out, and scratched on the exhaust and fairings. i asked if he had dropped it and pointed out the places, but he said no.

hese questioning me going "what will we do? I think I should get my money back" I told him to take it to the dealership like he said he wanted to, and get their diagnosis. Is there any reason for me to pay him back? I mean, even if it was a peice of and I knew it, should I still have to pay back? he didint even check it out, just took it home.

Im really ****ing upset cause all I ever do is try to be honest and polite, and this guy is completly new to bikes and wants to blame me for it not running.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
silver bike on 610 broke down? sullivan General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-22-2012 12:07 PM
My Bike Broke Down Today M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-13-2010 03:12 PM
chain broke on bike, help Charliebrown General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-19-2009 10:53 AM
Bike broke down cbr600F4 General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-17-2009 08:00 PM
Bike broke window worth more than bike Squoddybody Off Topic 66 01-11-2008 11:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
RICKITT
"Poser alley"

Bike(s):
I cant ride no bike..

Send a message via Yahoo to RICKITT
f..him
Old 08-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
2XTURBO
that's a space peanut

Experience: 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKITT
f..him
exactly what i was thinking
2XTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
scrapp
I need earplugs.

it needs maintence. its still a good bike, it just needs maintence, and its his responsability to take care of that now, it was in his posession when it acted up.
I wish I knew what forum he found this on so he can see this thread.
if it was , the last thing I would have done is put it up for sale on a forum of people I want to get to know, and earn respect.

from now on when I sell , Im creating as is bills of sale

Last edited by scrapp; 08-16-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
LowNSlowNeon

Member Garage

Don't give him any money back or even help him for that matter Scrapp... Fawk that guy... people suck man... he took the bike dropped it .. jacked it up.. and now wants a refund..

No way in .
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #6
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
From one who sells stuff... I honestly truly don't 'dump' cars on people, I'd rather tell them about a cars quirks and have them walk away, then buy it from me and find out about it from their mechanic.. Now, having said that, a used vehicle is simply that, a used vehicle, and with any used vehicle there is always a chance that something will be messed up. I tell my customers that the only way to avoid any chance of problem at all is to buy new. Once they buy something used, there is no warranty and it's as is, so I recomend to them that they check it out as thoroughly as possible before committing to it, not for my piece of mind, but for their own. Once they buy it, it's theirs.

Now there are always exceptions, like, if the motor dumps on them on the way home or something like that, I will either split the repair bill with them, or buy it back. As far as stuff like dirty fuel filter or whatever though, that falls under maintenance and I would just tell them that their vehicle needs maintenance.

But yes, for future reference, always have an "as is" disclosure someplace in the paperwork.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
i wouldnt do anything, it was running fine when you h ad it if anything went wrong it was caused by him so just forget about it
Old 08-16-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Tell him your in the Mafia, and your sending some gentlemen over to inspect the vehicle, tell him to meet you by the pier.. I bet you never hear from him again.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
brendan0918

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowNSlowNeon
Don't give him any money back or even help him for that matter Scrapp... Fawk that guy... people suck man... he took the bike dropped it .. jacked it up.. and now wants a refund..

No way in .

^^^^^+1
Old 08-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
zero4o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Tell him your in the Mafia, and your sending some gentlemen over to inspect the vehicle, tell him to meet you by the pier.. I bet you never hear from him again.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:37 PM   #11
scrapp
I need earplugs.

next time he calls, I should have my mom or dad awnsering it, all sad sounding, and say some bullshit that Im in a coma in critical care from a car accident, and they dont know where my money is to pay him back, and dont know when i will wake up.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #12
zero4o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapp
next time he calls, I should have my mom or dad awnsering it, all sad sounding, and say some bullshit that Im in a coma in critical care from a car accident, and they dont know where my money is to pay him back, and dont know when i will wake up.
or jsut tell him the bike was fine when you sold it to him and if anything is wrong with it now its because of somthing he did
Old 08-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #13
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

when you buy anything used there is a "as is" clause that does not have to be written. he cant do anything legaly to you other than try and scare you into refunding the money.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:22 AM   #14
Maverick
Made Man

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Team Green Ninja !
100cc Knock0ff Dirt

Send a message via AIM to Maverick
so this guy is lyin about droppin the bike ?
him !
Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 AM   #15
andrave

I've got some raw deals but in the end I knew it was my responsibility to inspect everything before hand... I know a lot about cars and trucks and etc and the last truck I bought still ended up having a leaky transmission (the shifter trim was loose and I found a quart of gear oil behind the seat but I just didn't put them together) and the fluid went low and the transmission gernaded. at 2 am. on the side of hte highway. in bay minette, alabama.
I would have MUCH RATHER the just tell me that it leaks tranny fluid and he didn't know why and find out that it was only the plugs on the side that had been loose.
I so wanted to call him and him out just so I felt better. but its like I said.. I bought a used truck and it was my responsibility to inspect it and maintain the fluid levels.
tell him you are really sorry but you sold the bike as is and it was his responsibility to inspect it beforehand. You really have no duty to do anything at this point in time. Just don't be a for karma reasons. I think you did all you can do.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:43 AM   #16
RICKITT
"Poser alley"

Bike(s):
I cant ride no bike..

Send a message via Yahoo to RICKITT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapp

No way man...That dude bought your bike!went and raged it out and f*ck it up! And now wants money back...Next time he call's give him the MH web sight and tell him to talk to us..
Old 08-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #17
allmotorcivic1

sounds like he dropped it big time!!! Especially with it being a carb'd bike I know when i dropped mine it took about 10-15 mins of riding for the carbs to get back in sync and when that took place there was a sever power drop...Like someone said before "As-Is" I wouldn't talk to him anymore he's trying to blame you for his Fu$$ up!!!
allmotorcivic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #18
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

it was sold AS-IS.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #19
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

he bought used, he should of inspected it closer for defects if any. simple, all sales final and sold as is.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #20
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

He's new to riding so how do you know that he didn't screw something up?

Technically it's his bike now. If you honestly didn't know that anything was wrong with it then it's his problem.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement