Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

hmmm........more injury W/ the bag then W/O..........thats new to me.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irace fairings installed (pics) ShortbyNature Taking it to the Track 8 08-17-2008 06:46 PM
PIcs from Legends/Roc bar..... Fun Weekend Oh!Thatgirl Events, Meets and Rides 10 07-17-2008 10:45 AM
50stunt.com big bar kit installed :) RojerLockless Stunters Lounge 30 06-16-2008 04:23 PM
Pics from Doc's Bar Amanda General Discussion (Moto Related) 168 06-02-2008 09:02 PM
bar pics bentgixxer Off Topic 11 04-10-2006 01:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2006, 02:13 AM   #22
andrave

Feedback Rating: (0)

if its like all other cars made after a certain point they have 2 stage air bags (at minimum, some have more) and if you are not wearing your seatbelt the bags will use their full force deployment to come out as hard and as fast as they possibly can to keep a non seatbelted occupant off the dashboard/windshield/steering wheel. If you have ever been in an accident and been hit with an airbag (for instance, the one that drive my teeth through my lip in highschool) you know that you do not want the bag hitting you as hard as it can unless you absolutely need it to. therefore buckle up so the computer knows you are safely nestled in its cocoon of love and it will coddle you with down filled air bags and godiva chocolates upon impact.

Also, removing stock seatbelt hardware is strictly illegal, even if you have upgraded to something far more safe.

something else to think about is the fact that a 4 point harness is gonna hold you completely upright in the even of a rollover, piledriving your cranium into the roof should it come down. Thats why most people recommend some kind of rollbar to be installed in conjunction with any kind of racing harness.
A stock style 3 point belt will allow you to lean over to prevent injury.
Not that you would be thinking about that as you flip.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #23
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I know many people that were paralyzed with stock 3 point harnesses on in roll overs. So 4 point and not being able to move out of the way is a mute point to me. Besides that, I am already paralyzed.

But you are right about the airbag. The belts are designed to slow you down before you hit the bag. If you are right on top of the bag and then it pops, you can get a neck injury or death like the little kids in the car. It is the same principal.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #24
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Lol...who knows how long it will last any takers on bets? BTW, I am not touching the engine.

And the GSXR1000s had a known problem with the #1 connecting rod not getting enough oil and over time were known to blow up not that many GSXR1000s get that many miles before they are totalled.
at least do intake and exhuast. that's the plan for my gt. the rest will be suspension and lightening her up.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #25
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I don't know about the exhaust. I don't want it to sound like every other civic out there. I have been listening to the different exhaust on the web and I cannot say that I like any of them.

I was thinking about getting a supercharger for it but the Stillen hood looks like -o-la. So the other options are a vortec which keeps the hood stock. But then again, I really don't need anymore power. It is really fast enough for what I am doing with it and that is ripping some twisties and track. Tires (R compound Kumho V710) are first on the list along with some rims for them. I am looking for someone selling some stock track or GT rims. I may go with some sway bars next and then some shocks/sping combo.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #26
andrave

the HKS supercharger uses a variable belt drive system that is pretty amazing it would be my choice if I had a Z.
I drove a 4 door G35 sedan (same engine) for a week or two a couple years ago and loved it.

one nice thing about the stillen blower as you know if you attend any Z meets, its that addictive whine. plus it provides the bulk of its power where cylinder pressures at lower so its less likely to affect reliability/longevity.

for exhaust there are tons of choices for the Z, everything from slightly louder than stock but with a nice burble under throttle to single titanium can straight through race exhausts.

I vote for the stillen blower, and the stillen headers/catback package. dyno proven and they sound badass.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement