Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #21
i rock knobbies
Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Motard? What's that?
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N00b questions: What front forks do I have and TMGP tire questions E-Train Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 10-24-2013 08:04 AM
Questions for the houstonians...supermoto... gbalias Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 39 04-29-2011 11:02 PM
questions about life MudBug Off Topic 102 09-23-2009 11:03 AM
Old 12-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #22
Feedback Rating: (0)

You do realize there are NO SuperMoto designed racetracks in the south Texas area.
No pavement to dirt tracks at all.

But, you will be welcome to come aboard at any of the several trackday outfits that put on a great day at the road courses. Of course the next step would be to grid up your Motard at the CMRA sprint races. There are several classes a motard can be competitive.

If the Ducati 900 is your choice awesome but, certainly don't put that ride in the dirt.

I noticed you did not ask about riding gear.

Don't short change yourself. Get the best you can afford. (The Best).
For your street commutes consider Taller Gearing for your bike. It will save that motor.

LOL....And watch that "Linz" fellow. He's playin with ya. He has quite a bit of knowledge with the Motards along with myself.
Gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #23
Driving Duh-Bus
Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

A DRZ works well. Not really good on the street versus a real streetbike, and too slow to be a good track bike. But it will do trackdays happily and cruise 75 all day long if your can take the hardish seat. DRZ motors last 30,000 miles (aka 1000 hours) if cared for, versus 20 hours between major maintenance on a 450 race bike. Plus the SM model is ready with 17" wheels for street rubber, and SV650 race takeoff tires are easy to find, making sliding it around the track very cheap. Almost every other bike will require a $1000 conversion on top of a good bike. WR250X and KLX250SM are less powerful but equally fun comparables. A DRZ is probably one of the best do it all bikes in the motard genre, it just doesn't do any one thing really well.

Come out to a fastline track day and take mine around for the parade lap.
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #24
AKA Mongo
Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard (trapped in a shop)
2002 Husqvarna NOX (in surgery for rebirth)
2001 KTM Duke II

Motard? Not too sure about that name.

I have a dirt bike with street tires; it says SMR on the side (Sunday Morning Ride? I think).

Last time I rode it, someone said "Hey, look at that phat tard!"

I went home and cried...

I'm very sensitive.

Quit talking about it and go get one, you won't regret it. From what you are describing, I'd recommend a DRZ400SM or converted E model.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is online now   Reply With Quote