MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #41
Captain Slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa Sold
2009 GSXR-1000 Sold
2010 Yamaha Vmax
2014 RZR 1000 Sold
2010 ZR1 Corvette

While I took my break from owning bikes, the only bikes I could rent were harleys.

First bike I rented was a Nightrod when it came out, liked the controls being under my knees. Then I rode a 1200 Sportster, way too small of a bike. Then rode a V rod, didn't like the fact you had to push your knees toward the gas tank at 80mph because the wind was forcing them out. Nightrod special was a fun bike to ride. This summer my family came down for a week. My brother and I wanted to rent two ultra glides but they were out so I rented a street glide and my brother rented a trike. Didn't like the trike, too much work driving it.

The only Cruiser worth a or worth buying is the new Yamaha Vmax and until I can afford that and a sport bike, I'll stick with sport bikes or a sport touring bike.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool story, bro! Cops are retarded. Trish General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 03-14-2012 10:19 AM
COOL STORY BRO. ormand Off Topic 18 12-12-2011 11:16 PM
Very Cool Story With Pics.... Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 10-30-2011 06:10 PM
Cool Story Bro NewRider Off Topic 28 03-23-2011 06:20 AM
Really cool story jfly Off Topic 5 01-08-2009 10:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #42
Captain Slow

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa Sold
2009 GSXR-1000 Sold
2010 Yamaha Vmax
2014 RZR 1000 Sold
2010 ZR1 Corvette

If you guys want to rent a Harley, San Jacinto Harley Davidson has some great prices and I think they are the only ones who do a 8hr rental. M-T for 8hrs you can rent a bike for $75.00, you can beat that deal.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #43
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

I actually started out riding HD's that my dad built.
Last one I rode regularly was a FXDX Dyna Glide SS (1450 cc)
That bike was NO by any means.

It is definitely a different realm of enjoyment. Mine had drag bars so riding position wasn't much more comfortable than my r6. I like comparing them by power really. The torque on the fxdx was absolutely insane. However, the hp on the r6 makes you guess when it's going to run out on the top end.

I love both styles and I can't wait till I have a garage to own both.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #44
lilblueninja
Ninja Turtle

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250r

Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #45
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

I went out for another ride on it last night, this time I felt more comfortable on it...So, I felt a lot more comfortable on it... THAT WAS A FUN RIDE!...

I was able to take the turns nice smooth, keeping right along with the Sport bikes...

That thing performed very well!....

I still miss my f4i though

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #46
texasyankee

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
What makes the Harley fun at the same speeds that bored you on a Suzuki?
I've thought about that but I'm not really sure. It could be that the Harley has a sensation of speed at about 45 mph while a sport bike is designed for higher speed so at 45 mph it is just loafing. Also, the Harley's seating position directs more wind on the head and chest so that gives a sensation of speed.
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #47
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

My ideal garage would be my busa, a suzuki M109, goldwing, and my dad's road king when he stops ridding it.. (of course I'll probably be his current age when he decides he's done.. lol)

I grew up on cruisers. Love the. Love my sports bike too. Some times I ride two up. I can't lie, it's easier on my back and me to ride the cruiser two up. One of the most enjoyable rides I ever had was from Dallas to Phoenix AZ on my Kawi KZ650 way back with I was a kid. Not that there was a whole bunch of turns and such, but just the whole ride. Leaned back, kicked my feet up, had my cup (of soda) between my legs (because they hadn't made a cup holder for bikes at this time), my stereo blasting, one hand on the throttle and the other holding a cigarrette.... I was 20 and thought I owned the world. Don't see me pulling that stunt on most sport bikes..

A bike is a bike.. I'm not all about scooters, but saw one that was spinning tires.. And actually rode behind that dude on the way home (if you're reading this.. still ugly jacket.. haha... maybe because that's the color I wanted and I got the blue one)

A bike is a bike.. You don't have to like it to respect it.. Oh, btw, that was a nice sportser..

Advertisement