MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #41
Balls2daWall
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northwest Houston close to Brick House
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 72

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000
04 GSXR 600








You can sell as is but honestly, and I dont car what people are saying, No one will buy it for more than 2300. While you are waiting to decide put it out there for sale on craig's list and see if a sucker buys it for more. If so then more power to you. If your gonna ride again then just garage it for now and fix it rather then trying to buy another one later, unless your superstitious or picky and dont want anything to do with a less than flawless bike. You first have to decide if your serious about riding again. Then go from there. There's probably no frame or fork damage so if it were me I would fix it and ride the out of it. Glad to hear your ok. If these guys help you and you fix it for 2k or less then its worth keeping to me.
Balls2daWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crashed Bike tumblebug Cruisers Lounge 6 01-28-2009 06:33 AM
my crashed bike carlos flores General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 09-09-2007 09:23 PM
check out my pics of my crashed bike carlos flores General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-02-2007 09:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #42
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls2daWall View Post
You can sell as is but honestly, and I dont car what people are saying, No one will buy it for more than 2300. While you are waiting to decide put it out there for sale on craig's list and see if a sucker buys it for more. If so then more power to you. If your gonna ride again then just garage it for now and fix it rather then trying to buy another one later, unless your superstitious or picky and dont want anything to do with a less than flawless bike. You first have to decide if your serious about riding again. Then go from there. There's probably no frame or fork damage so if it were me I would fix it and ride the out of it. Glad to hear your ok. If these guys help you and you fix it for 2k or less then its worth keeping to me.
Alright, showed up at Sherlock's and a MH post....Do I sense a comeback!?
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #43
Vegas Kid
Senior Member
 
Vegas Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,915

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50








Won't your insurance pay for the thing?

Lot's of clean bikes on the market, many 07 R6's under $6K so after all the effort and work, not sure it's going to be easy to sell especially with being layed down and all.

Either way, glad you're ok.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #44
nqnguyen2
Senior Member
 
nqnguyen2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 272

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2007 R6 Candy Red




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
Thanks for that link Azylum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Won't your insurance pay for the thing?

Lot's of clean bikes on the market, many 07 R6's under $6K so after all the effort and work, not sure it's going to be easy to sell especially with being layed down and all.

Either way, glad you're ok.
Nope, just had liability. It's ironic that I was going to get uninsured motorist policy 7 days prior. However, I misread the email which said I had to respond back for them to apply it. I thought I read that it would cost X amount and they would send me a bill in the mail because I requested that my policy needed to be changed.
__________________
Head Logo
nqnguyen2.com
nqnguyen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #45
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65
 
psychomedicHFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rosenberg,TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,174

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike









I could turn that into a race bike with $1500-2000 BUCKS....JUS SAYN
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #46
rickykline
super squid
 
rickykline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Porte
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,159

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r





I'd be willing to help rebuild her if you want to
__________________
its RICKY KLINE

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #47
dinosaur
Retired in place
 
dinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,312

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 Zx6-R (636)Sold









R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post


R U serious? Dude you can find everything to fix that bike for $1500 right now
the most expensive is the gas tank and one can be had to $500 Everything else like clip-on, rear set is cheap. You can also find fairings on ebay all day long

Id say the bike is worth 3K-4K as is
wrong, Byrd

my sons 07 R6 sold for $4300 after 4 months
full Akropovic stainless
power commander, k&n
bike was prestine, just no market now
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #48
Renzo
I do not consent
 
Renzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North southwest katy proximity
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 2,720

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6




Member Garage





Quote:
Quote:




R U serious? Dude you can find everything to fix that bike for $1500 right now

the most expensive is the gas tank and one can be had to $


wrong, Byrd



my sons 07 R6 sold for $4300 after 4 months

full Akropovic stainless

power commander, k&n

bike was prestine, just no market now
$4300 for a 07 R6? Does he have anymore? I'll take a 6 pack, it must have had very high mileage or it was a up color. Cause I saw the one that is being discussed is this thread when he got it and there was no way it would only go for $4300. Does your son have any hand guns for sale cause the there is really no market for handguns right now
__________________
Warning- posts may contain slightly offensive content. Nothing personal or malicious, please don't PM me that its all good and its just a forum. I realize this, so its not needed.
Renzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #49
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama
 
Perf_White_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3











Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
wrong, Byrd

my sons 07 R6 sold for $4300 after 4 months
full Akropovic stainless
power commander, k&n
bike was prestine, just no market now
R6 or R6s??

But even if it was an R6s it would explain the lower price... but either way, someone walked away with a STEAL (as long as there wasn't ridiculous miles)
__________________
"HATERS GON HATE" - FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT
Perf_White_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #50
dinosaur
Retired in place
 
dinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,312

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 Zx6-R (636)Sold









Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
$4300 for a 07 R6? Does he have anymore? I'll take a 6 pack, it must have had very high mileage or it was a up color. Cause I saw the one that is being discussed is this thread when he got it and there was no way it would only go for $4300. Does your son have any hand guns for sale cause the there is really no market for handguns right now
07 R6 burgandy, not a scratch on it, looked new,


http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ighlight=07+r6
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #51
texasyankee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 370

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)








Let's compare: I bought a brand new, zero miles 2009 Kawi ZX6R out the door for $7600. Some of you think a wrecked, unrepaired, 2007 R6 with 6900 miles is worth over $4000. No way.

One thing everyone's cost analysis has failed to consider is the value of the time spent getting the new parts and putting then on. Unless you have lots of time and no money, its not worth the effort to repair the bike. Figure the bikes worth $1500 in its present condition, assume $1500 more for parts plus at least $1000 in your time, you have $4000 in a repaired used bike that will just keep loosing value.
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #52
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s
 
SexualChocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,197

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...









Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
As enthusiasts we tend to overestimate the value of things we hold so dearly to our hearts. In this current economy, at this time of year luxury items are not worth much IMO.
__________________
A few motorcycles, bicycles, and cars...and still in recovery phase

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #53
AFS_Racing
Boost King
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N-side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,578

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3











Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
07 R6 burgandy, not a scratch on it, looked new,


http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ighlight=07+r6
23.5K miles is a bunch...
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #54
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers
 
Pachuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston (Proper)
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 3,823

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasyankee View Post
Let's compare: I bought a brand new, zero miles 2009 Kawi ZX6R out the door for $7600. Some of you think a wrecked, unrepaired, 2007 R6 with 6900 miles is worth over $4000. No way.

One thing everyone's cost analysis has failed to consider is the value of the time spent getting the new parts and putting then on. Unless you have lots of time and no money, its not worth the effort to repair the bike. Figure the bikes worth $1500 in its present condition, assume $1500 more for parts plus at least $1000 in your time, you have $4000 in a repaired used bike that will just keep loosing value.
That's the truth. Sell it now for what u. Can get as is
__________________
Stuntin like Jet Li, boat houses and jet ski's
Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #55
sub-par
Senior Member
 
sub-par's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Side
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 215

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098







i will give you 2000 and a pack of ranch sunflower seeds

better yet two packs of seeds lol
sub-par is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy