MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #41
Tim Vipond
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200LT
1973 JC Penney 3 speed

User is banned

Tim Vipond is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How is everyone storing their bikes/track bikes? f4ihoneybadger General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-02-2014 11:59 PM
Top Fuel Dragster fuel pump RACER X Off Topic 31 01-25-2011 03:49 PM
My fuel connectors attached to the fuel pump mounting plate. Zapata How To's and Q & A's 9 11-20-2008 11:58 PM
Question about Roll Starting your Fuel Injected Bikes AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 01-28-2008 06:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #42
BusaFlo
Lost, But Still Ridding

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Busa
85 Honda Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
your bike is FI... you should have no issues. have you a power commander on the busa?
No PC (would like to get one), but like Alan said, need to get better exhuast and take it to the shop. But getting new exaust anytime soon ain't going to happen. The Holidays have my wallet thinned enough.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #43
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

a pc would go far to fixing your problem, you changed the exhaust, now you need to adjust the fuel.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #44
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Reminds me of my boat carb issues. If the boat sat for more than 30 days it was carb cleaning time. It was a new boat and the carbs were rebuilt twice with less than 50 hrs. on the clock.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #45
Tim Vipond
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200LT
1973 JC Penney 3 speed

User is banned

Last edited by Tim Vipond; 12-24-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Tim Vipond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #46
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

Holy guacamole this explains a lot. Bought my bike in April with 1600 miles now I'm up to over 7600. She never sits for more than a week. Past few months she's been getting slowly worse. At one time I'm coming to a stop at a light and it made a loud bang like there was a fist-size wooden block bouncing between the fairings at knee-level, but I had no choice other than continue ridings. Problems started after that; harder to start (moreso when already warm, weirdly enough), blows white smoke after a minute of idle upon cold startup, sluggish through most of the rpm range, has a clunkity-jitter all the time.

I figured it's either (A) air filter (B) fuel filter, or (C) carb prob. I have no money for the stealerships or most mechanics, don't know which mechanics are reputable/affordable. Don't have any mechanical skills myself, and with 2 jobs @ 70+ hrs/week, little money or time about all I can do is keep riding and pray.

What I need is someone to walk me through things live and in person, I'll pay for all my parts and tools... but how do I go about asking for something like that?

Anyway if anyone has any insights into diagnosing what I've got going on lemme know. Sometimes the issues are worse than others; weather could be one factor and this ethanol/bad gas could be another guess.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #47
7cain
Resident Ginja

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

Well, good news. I changed my fuel lines, flushed my tank, changed my filter. All of which had sediment and shyte floating around in it Put it all back together and threw some carb cleaner in the tank, ran that out and then threw some Lucas oil Octane booster in! It has been running strong!!!!!! lost my 4-5k rpm sputter at any throttle position AND it is pulling harder than I thought it would from these simple things. Cost, about 30 dollars for filter, lines, and additives, value,...........priceless !
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #48
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Forget the octane booster next time.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #49
7cain
Resident Ginja

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

Well, I didn't put octane booster in this new tank and low and behold I have my 4-5k sputter again but I am noticing that this is accentuated when it is cold out. I'm sure I could use a carb tuning but I think I may try the Amsoil additive and hope I don't have to rebuild my carbs. My bike has always run better with octane booster, this is my first bottle of Lucas oil octane booster (I usually use NOS offroad formula) there is a noticeable performance difference in throttle response (I usually portion it out by quarters of a bottle per tank). What exactly do you have against octane booster Blue?
Old 12-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #50
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cain View Post
Well, good news. I changed my fuel lines, flushed my tank, changed my filter. All of which had sediment and shyte floating around in it Put it all back together and threw some carb cleaner in the tank, ran that out and then threw some Lucas oil Octane booster in! It has been running strong!!!!!! lost my 4-5k rpm sputter at any throttle position AND it is pulling harder than I thought it would from these simple things. Cost, about 30 dollars for filter, lines, and additives, value,...........priceless !
glad to hear the system flush and filter change fixed the problem!!
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #51
7cain
Resident Ginja

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
glad to hear the system flush and filter change fixed the problem!!
Thanks, today was better than yesterday. It seems to the sputter when it's really cold out. This morning, not so bad, this afternoon, not at all. Definitely going to try the Amsoil asap.

Advertisement