MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
1320outlaw
1320outlaw.com

Feedback Rating: (0)

Photo's at the track

This might not be the best past to ask this but I will anyhow. Mod's please move if need be.

I am curious if anyone knows what the restrictions are as far as shooting at any of the road coarse tracks in houston and/or Harris Hill. I know many places don't even allow you out of the spectator area to shoot. I would like to give it a try some time, something to shoot outside of drag racing.

Thanks for any info!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
photo, who and legal? RACER X Off Topic 16 10-10-2012 05:28 PM
Post Your Favorite Track Photo. lanzer913 Taking it to the Track 110 11-26-2010 10:38 PM
photo editing help Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 19 06-26-2007 09:41 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

If you do it as a business then you would have to talk to whoever is in charge of the track org holding the event.

I shoot when I get a chance at Groove Union but I post the pics at smugmug for all to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Most of the track day orgs have designated photogs. Best thing to do is just call up each one and ask, but the season is pretty much over. As for the tracks themselves i have no clue. I would imagine it would be up to whoever is using the track that day.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
1320outlaw
1320outlaw.com

Feedback Rating: (0)

Very cool, thanks for the responses guys! If I were to go shoot sometime, I would just post them up to share. I do run a photography business, and sell my drag racing photo's, but would like to give this a try for fun. I love shooting anything fast and have always wanted to try it out! =) I will keep my eye out for next years events and contact the co-ordinators/tracks when they come up.

Thanks!