MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Question At The Track?

For you guys that have gone to the track, would you guys say that it is kid friendly? For example, if I decide to take my little girl, would there be stuff that she could find to do in order to entertain herself? I of course would take someone to keep an eye on her while i'm on the bike... but is it THAT simple?? or unless you aren't on a bike it's brutally boring?

What do you guys say?

Thank you in advance!

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Depends on how old but even so I wouldn't recommend it. It's loud with exhaust fumes everywhere. There really not much to do but watch ppl ride and check out bikes in the pits. So basically I'd say no it's really not kid friendly.....

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Depends on how old but even so I wouldn't recommend it. It's loud with exhaust fumes everywhere. There really not much to do but watch ppl ride and check out bikes in the pits. So basically I'd say no it's really not kid friendly.....
aww !...Well, there goes that Idea!

She is 6 and a very VERY girly girl...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 12-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
aww !...Well, there goes that Idea!
Lol man there's bikes haulin in the pits (when they shouldn't be) so it's really a hazard even to other track riders. How old is ur lil girl? Ur parents can't watch her?

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Depends on the track.

At GSS my wife will come out with our 9 and 2 year old. The boy(older) gets his helmet and bicycle and rides it out away from the mayhem. Happy as a clam.

The two year old we bring a playpen for. She loves the sound of bikes and watching the action.

TWS (Texas World Speedway)...if you're away from the paddocks then I don't see it being too much of a problem. Plenty of open area for them to play without being in danger of getting run over.

It's always a bit of a shoot though. Obviously they are more at risk out there than at home. Just like anything else. Be a smart and responsible parent and the rest boils down to luck.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
signpimp

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
I used to take my kids all the time. When my girls were only 4 and 6 we were at the track all the time - Straightline and Road Race. My wife was there also, and they would just hang out. Of course, we would take the poodle and the wagon so they could get pulled through the pits. There was really more time that I was off the track than on the track. My kids turned out fine and they never minded going. They liked looking at all the pretty bikes...

Of course, I exposed my kids to bike noise when they were still in momma's stomach...they could sleep at the race track - no problem. We used to camp out at Oak Hilll for the CMRA races and they loved it!
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
kibitzer is right about TWS (Texas World Speedway)...plenty of room. We used to take the golf cart and the family would just go hang out in the corners while I ran my race or sessions. I would see kids riding their bikes out there also, away from the pits. The pits are only dangerous because when riders come in off the track, it's hard to only do 5-10 mph in the pits when you just got off the track doing 160+ on the front straight....your brain is still in warp speed mode...
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Depends on the track.

At GSS my wife will come out with our 9 and 2 year old. The boy(older) gets his helmet and bicycle and rides it out away from the mayhem. Happy as a clam.

The two year old we bring a playpen for. She loves the sound of bikes and watching the action.

TWS (Texas World Speedway)...if you're away from the paddocks then I don't see it being too much of a problem. Plenty of open area for them to play without being in danger of getting run over.

It's always a bit of a shoot though. Obviously they are more at risk out there than at home. Just like anything else. Be a smart and responsible parent and the rest boils down to luck.

Some of the best "family pics" were taken at GSS...lol
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Take a tent and set it up for them..have them play sleep and eat in the tent
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
NewRider

Bike(s):

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments guys...I guess I'll just have to go out there and give a try...I guess TWS (Texas World Speedway) since it's fenced up might be the best bet... I guess I just have to do a lot of planning... I just don't want her to be miserable out there.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments guys...I guess I'll just have to go out there and give a try...I guess TWS (Texas World Speedway) since it's fenced up might be the best bet... I guess I just have to do a lot of planning... I just don't want her to be miserable out there.
This depends a lot on the kid. Is your child an uncontrollable, half pint missile fueled by sugar with a complete disregard for the laws of physics and the fragility of the human condition?

If so you may consider a cap full of Nyquil and a place to sleep.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #12
Ken Fontenot
Tracker1

Bike(s):
'00 Suzuki SV-650 Cafe
'86 yamaha Venture Royale w/California sidecar
'75 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker
'99 Excelsior Henderson Super X

Member Garage

We use to take our two kids to the track every time we went. Roadraced in the early 80's and they came to every race at Henderson and Texas World, Son was about 8 and daughter was about 5. They loved it, and also liked going to the Dragraces when we ran there. They loved the Enduro races since we camped out in the national forest for that.....They are both way older now...son 39, daughter 35 but still talk about it from time to time. Sure it can be dangerous but we kept a close eye on them and heck Ya cant keep Your kids in a safety bubble there whole life, they have to experience things. We felt it was better being with us then with a babysitter, they agreed.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #13
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
This depends a lot on the kid. Is your child an uncontrollable, half pint missile fueled by sugar with a complete disregard for the laws of physics and the fragility of the human condition?

If so you may consider a cap full of Nyquil and a place to sleep.
lol nah...for the most part in public she is pretty well behaved... but she gets bored with "boy stuff" easy...She won't say it, but you could see it a little...She gives the fake laugh and forced smile

I think, If i bring her DS or portable DVD player that might give me like 3 hours tops...After that...I'm out of ideas

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

your best best is to make sure she has mom or grandma for some female type figure to entertain her while you do guy stuff..
Old 12-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
your best best is to make sure she has mom or grandma for some female type figure to entertain her while you do guy stuff..
Yeah, I was going to take or try to take one of her favorite people...

Off topic: Did you get your tire fixed bro?

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
, I exposed my son to bike noise when he was still in momma's stomach.
ya me to i did the same thing.