MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Weird almost got hit

Didn't get hit, but had to make sure my underwear was clean. Really though, this is just another useless thread I thought I would start.

I was exiting the 610 parking lot (thanks stalled vehicle cleared at 7:55) onto Scott street. Now Scott has two lights for the west bound lanes as Scott is a parkway/divided blvd. So my light is red and the next one is green. Looking in my mirror I see a little civic coming at me way to quickly, my hand starts to let out the clutch as I almost decide to play frogger, but the car decelerates enough to stop. "Whew, that was close and kinda wierd, oh well" I think. The cars in the right lane continue to barely touch their brakes as they turn right, when I hear a honk. I turn around running through the possibilities that I someone off, naw I rode like a granny today, it can't be that.
It's a off looking blond pointing at the light and waving me to go. WTH? I turn around, nope it's still red. I point at the red light, get flipped off as she floors it around me and drives through the red, 3 seconds after cross traffic comes through.
Sigh, she probably just thinks I'm a . Oh, well at least I am safe...for now.
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst road debris you've hit or almost hit? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-27-2013 02:32 PM
What is the strangest thing you hit or almost hit? urbanXJ Off Topic 38 02-27-2009 12:43 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Really Weird cashtown Off Topic 1 01-05-2007 10:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Hades
Underworld

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
**05 Repsol** gone :(
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post
Didn't get hit, but had to make sure my underwear was clean. Really though, this is just another useless thread I thought I would start.

I was exiting the 610 parking lot (thanks stalled vehicle cleared at 7:55) onto Scott street. Now Scott has two lights for the west bound lanes as Scott is a parkway/divided blvd. So my light is red and the next one is green. Looking in my mirror I see a little civic coming at me way to quickly, my hand starts to let out the clutch as I almost decide to play frogger, but the car decelerates enough to stop. "Whew, that was close and kinda wierd, oh well" I think. The cars in the right lane continue to barely touch their brakes as they turn right, when I hear a honk. I turn around running through the possibilities that I someone off, naw I rode like a granny today, it can't be that.
It's a off looking blond pointing at the light and waving me to go. WTH? I turn around, nope it's still red. I point at the red light, get flipped off as she floors it around me and drives through the red, 3 seconds after cross traffic comes through.
Sigh, she probably just thinks I'm a . Oh, well at least I am safe...for now.
blondes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I'm some what knowledgeable on PPs
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
i ride around the pole
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

should of put it in her .. it's really the only clear cut solution i can see to have resolved your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Don't you know?? if you are on a bike, it's MANDATORY to run red lights...psh... The blonde knew this, why didnt you??

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
spartandude
Custom User Title

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Actually she was kinda cute, but I didn't mention it for fear of "pics or " as whipping out the camera would have been as difficult as whipping "it" out. Mostly 'cause I looked like the camouflaged stay puff man this morning.

As for the red light run there was no cross traffic, but I am trying to avoid tickets right now. SWMBO seems to enjoy presents at some arbitrary day people call "Christmas". Go figure...
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement