MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #41
Fredo
alFREDO ...like the sauce

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
03' 600RR
03' 636 (SOLD)

Haha, funny reading this tonight. I just lowsided on the feeder on 45S. in Spring. Made a hole on the right side. I WILL BE ON MY BIKE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. Just need some financial help from the roomates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaKaZeE_FZR! View Post
seperated collar bone n shoulder, broke ribs, and collapsed lung = more respect for what can and will happen quickly and being more aware of suroundings and situations that can turn into a bigger issue
Wow, i gotta give you props on that. I'm not sure if id get back on a bike after having all those injuries. Good to see that your alive and well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
Speaking of which, I am down right now with a broken leg
For some reason its funny to me that this happened on a 50, but either way i'm glad to see you'll be riding again
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which one of you was this? (2-up riders with guy on back, holding umbrella :) myla296 Off Topic 14 06-05-2015 05:57 AM
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Why riders don't wave back. maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 10-03-2007 10:03 PM
Back from Mexico...retarded riders out there Jay Off Topic 22 08-27-2007 01:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #42
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

ive wrecked twice the first time was december 7th 2007 and the second was december 8th 2008. needless to say im superstitious so i dont really like to ride in the month of december anymore but i will this thursday lol

1st time i had to have knee surgery, 9 stitches in my chin , concussion and fractured my shoulders.

2nd time i busted the same knee open (18 stitches) and 19 in the other with a chipped knee cap (take it from me, wear your knee pads) and i also broke my left arm......and im left handed which sucked.

soon as i got my cast off i was in the garage seein if i could pull the clutch in and gettin on the bike to see if my knees could even handle bein on a bike. i dont have it in me to leave riding alone.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #43
springguy77373

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
ive wrecked twice the first time was december 7th 2007 and the second was december 8th 2008. needless to say im superstitious so i dont really like to ride in the month of december anymore but i will this thursday lol

1st time i had to have knee surgery, 9 stitches in my chin , concussion and fractured my shoulders.

2nd time i busted the same knee open (18 stitches) and 19 in the other with a chipped knee cap (take it from me, wear your knee pads) and i also broke my left arm......and im left handed which sucked.

soon as i got my cast off i was in the garage seein if i could pull the clutch in and gettin on the bike to see if my knees could even handle bein on a bike. i dont have it in me to leave riding alone.
Ouch....And your still riding
springguy77373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #44
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
Speaking of which, I am down right now with a broken leg

I'll be back on as soon as this piece of leg can bear to shift up from 1st.
Did this just happen?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #45
andrew
i'm special

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
94 seca II 600
ninja 250
interceptor 700

Member Garage

Thankfully when i wrecked i never broke any bones like yall, and i am glad to hear that ll of yall are ok. i remember when i went down getting back up regaining my composure putting the chain back on and riding back to work, everyone knew i wrecked. the one thing that me off was when i got back i was sitting down in front of my bike and the boss came up and said "i cant pay you to sit around" OMG i just wanted to fukking hit him so bad. i dont understand people saying like that or "that was awsome" when you wrecked. It takws a lot of to get back up i feel sorry for the people that dont understand that riding is a passion and some of us cant help ourselves.

sorry if i was thread jacking.
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #46
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Did this just happen?
Monday before last. I think he learned a valuable lesson about wheelies on a 50 with no rear handbrake.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #47
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
i've seen someone life flighted from flipping and smacking their head on the pavement while on a 65 cc mini (helmet/full leathers) ... they like anything with two wheels can your world up
People seem to forget that 40mph collisions with solid objects can happen just as quickly on that mini and hurt just as bad.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #48
Badchev
Slow

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
If you're going to have a bad spill, try to get it out the way before 40. Things just don't heal up the way they used to..........
Yeah, true words there..........and after 40 it takes longer too!
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #49
Fredo
alFREDO ...like the sauce

Bike(s):
03' 600RR
03' 636 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post

Wow, what a trooper! ...i think i've got a new crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
People seem to forget that 40mph collisions with solid objects can happen just as quickly on that mini and hurt just as bad.
I have no doubt that crashes at an speed hurt, and not trying to talk down on anyone
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #50
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

I see you talking me down Fredo! Dont make me sic my mini on you!
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #51
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredman89 View Post
I have no doubt that crashes at an speed hurt, and not trying to talk down on anyone
It was more in reference to those that go gearless while railing the minis.

Everybody has way too many feelings...
Old 12-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #52
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Crashed five times on three different bikes street/track over the years. Broke 3 ribs and two vertebrae, messed up some metataursals, got a collarbone or two, jacked up my right rotator, lost some skin, couple concussions (with helmets) and sprained a finger. All of the other significant damage I've had was from cars and other items including a couple teeth/jaw, broken sternum, another collarbone, shattered left leg, more concussions, broken fingers/hand/wrist and right arm, two herniated discs, whiplash, semi-severed left thumb and a few assorted bumps and bruises.

You either ride or you don't. You have to make up your mind. If the answer's yes, then you need to get your head right and get back on - hopefully having learned something that you can apply in the future.

I broke my ribs and back on an R6 back in 1999. I remember lying there with the wind knocked out of me knowing that my back was effed up and that I might be paralyzed. As soon as I raised my head a little and could see that I was able to wiggle the tips of my boots, I knew that it would be OK. It still took a while to recover.

My good (and arguably insane) friend Rob Devlin had a Ducati SS with flatslide 41mm Kehins and a high-comp big bore kit. He does stage lighting for a living and was headed out on tour for 8 months. The conversation was something like this:
"I'm gonna be gone for 8 months and you don't have a bike. I'm leaving my Duc with you, 'cause if you don't ride soon you might not ride again and that would suck. If you F#$K it up, fix it and DON'T EVER TELL ME ABOUT IT." Rob understood well, as he nearly died two years prior as a result of a crash.

I was still wearing a back brace/frame and had to wear it on the outside of my leather. I needed help from friends to get on and off the bike, but I rode. I showed up at my back surgeon's office holding my helmet and jacket, and got an earfull from him about "apparently not learning anything." I'd learned a lot though. I learned that I was nowhere near the rider that I thought I was and that my crash was due to my own lack of skills and judgement. That's when I started doing race schools and track days. I crashed a few times after, but generally due to unseen environmental issues (pile of rocks strewn mid-corner on a blind curve) or just pushing it too hard on a track day.

The hardest thing sometimes is getting on after burying a friend and we've buried a few, but in the end you either ride or you don't.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #53
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredman89 View Post
Wow, what a trooper! ...i think i've got a new crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
You either ride or you don't. You have to make up your mind. If the answer's yes, then you need to get your head right and get back on - hopefully having learned something that you can apply in the future.

The hardest thing sometimes is getting on after burying a friend and we've buried a few, but in the end you either ride or you don't.
and wow to your story!!!!! i agree with both of these things you said
Old 12-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #54
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
You are about as unique as a nickel. Most people get right back on. It is not some kind of elite club. People who do not have their own reasons.
+1
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #55
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 ZX636R

I've been there. My avatar is an actual x-ray of my left leg. I've also had a broken collarbone, knee surgery, tons of road rash, blood transfusions, and have been clinically dead three times.

The first get-off is the hardest. Getting back on as soon as possible is key. My last one was rough because I couldn't walk right for about six months, so I was off the bike for a long time. If you and your bike are able, ride it again the next day or even the same day. You'll feel better faster.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #56
McLintock

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
my wreck had me in a lot of thought. "should i take this as a sign to give it up?" well lets just say a dislocated shoulder, broken finger, dislocated thumb, and a broken wrist, 9 screws and a metal plate later. im just trying to get my right hand to completely work again because ........... well you cant operate a clutch with a busted finger haha. it's all a matter of how much will power you have, and how firmly you beleive in " will take you when it's your time". i'm gonna get back on one as soon as i can and i'll ride until i die. although i did take this as a sign to build up my next motor bigger and better haha
Glad your doing good Andy.
McLintock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #57
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLintock View Post
Glad your doing good Andy.
By any chance were you at Acces Zero @ Planet Zero this last Saturday for the Imports meet?

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #58
Renzo
I do not consent

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Lo sided a couple times on a couple street bikes....

15 yrs of motox= 3 knee surgeries, 3 ankles replace(broken), broken collar bone, broke right arm, broken right fingers, torn ligaments in right hand, fractured back, crushed discs, do i need to go on... i forget what else...
Glad your alive to tell it! Gear or no gear? If so, what kind of gear? Just curious
Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #59
Renzo
I do not consent

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:

Just don't ride next December 11, 2011 or December 12, 2012 and keep that sequence
Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #60
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

I've been down three times since '02. First one a drunk tried to change lanes and nearly hit me in the process, laid the bike down at 45mph. Second time was in Houston in a turn. Back tire washed out at 25mph due to oil on the road I believe. Hit the pavement, caught too much friction due my backpack, and was thrown into a flip. Learned how to roll in the tad bit of Aikedo I've had. Saw pavement coming toward my head, ducked and rolled. Not even a scratch on my helmet. Third time I was riding the loop in Dallas, car hit the breaks in front of me, I overreacted when I hit the front break and actually pulled the on the hand grip hard enough to make the bike lay down at 55mph

All three times I walked away with virtually no injuries at all, and not even sore if I remember correctly. I always had my gear on, and I think I've had an angel or two watching my back.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement