MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
js600

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600RR (wrecked)
'05 ZX6R

BEWARE - Issues with Mancuso Powersports

This is a long story that started over 3 months ago and is finally ending....after I end up paying for it.

This all started when I got my brake fluid replaced at Stubbs. Took the bike home and didn't drive it until the next week. Made it half a block and lost all front brake pressure, not sure why. Turned around and parked it, then took it to Mancuso the next week. No way I was going back to Stubbs after that. Everything seemed good until I went to pick it up.

Mancuso ended replacing all my pads and bled the brakes. Total bill of $298. Before I paid for it the poor guy in the service department caught the bad end of the deal too. He rode the bike down a row through the parking lot to make sure the brakes were good and on the way back a guy cutting through the parking t-boned him. I saw the whole thing. Bike ended up totalled and service guy went to hospital. He is back at work now but has his own issues to deal with on getting the insurance to pay up.

I initially thought Mancuso would have to pay me for the bike and deal with getting their money back from the guys insurance. Wrong. They basically did nothing. I ended up having to get a lawyer to make the truck drivers insurance company pay me for the bike because the driver claimed it was not his fault. Now that my lawyer has got the insurance to agree to pay me Mancuso will not release the bike. They want the insurance to pay for the brake work and a $150 damage estimate fee that they did not ask for. The insurance is only willing to pay for the value of the bike. Not additional work done.

Bottom line is that this all started on August 4 and today (November 23) I had to pay for both the brake work, even though I never received the bike back, and also for the damage estimate that I had nothing to do with just so I could get my money for the bike. Mancuso would not budge on anything. Not even the damage estimate.

The guys at Mancuso seem like good people and like they know what they are doing but based on this experience they also do not mind their customers over to make a buck. So if you plan on going there keep this in mind. Hopefully your experience will be better then mine.
js600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contact for Team Mancuso Powersports Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-25-2014 06:28 PM
Mancuso Powersports North any good? jrfitzny General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 10-02-2010 09:12 AM
Mancuso Powersports BrutusTx General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 12-07-2008 07:06 PM
Props to Team Mancuso Powersports! tomLSTD Cruisers Lounge 8 06-04-2008 08:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

So that was your bike?? !!!!!
Sucks that happened to you but the service guys at mancuso are really good peoples.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Ask our resident lawyer for his take on this.

Damage to the bike should be THEIR responsibility until you take possession of it again. It is on them to get the money from the truck driver. And no deductible, etc. They broke it they have to fix it.

You do NOT have to pay for work not received that is bogus. If you did not request the estimate you don't have to pay for that either. But perhaps the insurance requested it?

What should have happened is that you paid the $298 for the brake work and they give you a bike in the condition as the bike you should have left with.

In lieu of that they should give you the full cash value of the bike minus $298 for the brake job. If the wreck had not happened this is what would have occurred had the original contract been fulfilled.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Not their fault. The truck driver's insurance should have to settle up. Sorry. I agree with them on this one. If their employee dropped the bike on his own, yes, it should be on their bill.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Keep in mind since this happened on private property, insurance could tell U to pound sand, not the dealers fault, truck drivers deal, but dealer should be flexible under these circumstances, I might insist on the insurance paying but if they didnt would prolly let the customer slide, but thats just me
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

What a bunch of pieces of t!...sorry this happened to you man...Freaking sucks

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #7
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Even taking this in the worst light possible for mancuso, this is a pretty unique situation. It was obviously a great confluence of suck for you, but I bet this is the first time mancuso dealt with this sort of thing.

I doubt this indicates Mancuso's propensity for over customers, particularly because the truck driver's insurance company was being difficult.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
js600

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600RR (wrecked)
'05 ZX6R

Yes this was a very difficult and unique situation. The insurance company is some no name POS. The insurance agreed to pay Mancuso $600 for storage but the damage estimate was a separate charge. I got nothing against the guys in the service department but the situation as a whole just sucks.....
js600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Call a lawyer for advice.

Also have YOUR insurance go after them. That is one of the reasons you pay them. My company has paid me and gone after people who damaged my stuff and then didn't want to pay the full amount. They won and got the full damage back to me. Yes, it took 6 months to get that last $250 but I got it.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

man f**k Team Mancuso
Old 11-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
flamablanca
Banned

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gixxa 1K

User is banned

flamablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #13
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Keep in mind since this happened on private property, insurance could tell U to pound sand, not the dealers fault, truck drivers deal, but dealer should be flexible under these circumstances, I might insist on the insurance paying but if they didnt would prolly let the customer slide, but thats just me
I would not try to get a damage estimate that's for sure, also when you go to any repair facility look at the fine print on your sign in sheet. Most say several things about turn around time , approval to drive etc. Just about all state literally "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO VEHICLE OR ARTICLES LEFT IN VEHICLES IN CASE OF FIRE, THEFT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE."

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

That's why my bike goes to Motorcycles Unlimited. I have bought a few used bikes send them to Motorcycles Unlimited for patrick to look at and fix and never have any problems
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
Spidermonkey
TTD's home grown

Bike(s):
07 sv650 trackbike/08 zx6 sold(i loved it)/ 08 R6 (head shakes!)

trackdays: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Not their fault. The truck driver's insurance should have to settle up. Sorry. I agree with them on this one. If their employee dropped the bike on his own, yes, it should be on their bill.
not their fault? guy drops his bike up for service and now its wrecked. you kiddin me?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
the guy in the service dept, was he a tech or the cashier/advisor?

The reason I ask, you never see them riding bikes, only pushing them in. I wonder if the insurance plan covers them.... Our advisors are not covered by our insurance for operating a vehicle nor do they carry company insurance cards.

Sorry for the difficult times; its always a cluster f*** dealing w any dealership.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
The only shady thing Mancuso did was the damage estimate. If YOU didn't ask for a damage estimate, they have no business charging you for one.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey View Post
not their fault? guy drops his bike up for service and now its wrecked. you kiddin me?
He said the truck hit HIM. ummmmmmmm......that would be the trucks fault in my book.

If you were riding through walmart parking lot and some douche in a truck hit you, are you saying that is automatically YOUR fault?????

Dont see where you are coming from there.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
drksollomb

Bike(s):
triump daytona 675r
07 gsxr 600
03 specialized epic full susp.

Like I posted on the other thread about mancuso ,they will screw u.
drksollomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #20
Jango

Send a message via AIM to Jango
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
He said the truck hit HIM. ummmmmmmm......that would be the trucks fault in my book.

If you were riding through walmart parking lot and some douche in a truck hit you, are you saying that is automatically YOUR fault?????

Dont see where you are coming from there.
the way i understand it as it has happened to me and my brother if you are in a wreck on private property with another driver your insurance covers you and their insurance covers them.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement