MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 04:38 AM   #1
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
VROD

I was looking at a Harley VROD 03 Anniversary model and I was wondering if any of the riders with one can tell me how the ergo's are?
I am over 6 ft. tall and I heard things like the seat and the foot peg placement arent too kind for 6 ft.+ riders. Is this true.
Did you change seats to an aftermarket model? I heard this helps..

Any feedback from Vrod owners/riders welcome.
K thnks.

J
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Went back to the VROD! Zapata Cruisers Lounge 17 08-24-2015 11:08 AM
VROD is OUT, Bagger is IN Zapata Cruisers Lounge 24 05-23-2015 12:50 PM
Tires for Vrod BOP Leader WILD WEST MOTOPLEX 1 12-19-2013 04:19 PM
Vrod vs Sportster ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 31 05-19-2006 12:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Hey why dont you let me sell you my ...it would be the same thing as buyiing a harley...kekekekekekeke
Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 AM   #3
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Dancingman, do you even ride anymore? hehe

Feedback from people who have actually ridden or owned is welcomed.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I would say go and sit on it, feel it out. Take your own test fit.
when you ride it, just dont sit on it.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Right. I plan too as soon as the Harley of Iraq dealership opens. hehehe
Old 08-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #6
TxVrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
I was looking at a Harley VROD 03 Anniversary model and I was wondering if any of the riders with one can tell me how the ergo's are?
I am over 6 ft. tall and I heard things like the seat and the foot peg placement arent too kind for 6 ft.+ riders. Is this true.
Did you change seats to an aftermarket model? I heard this helps..

Any feedback from Vrod owners/riders welcome.
K thnks.

J
I'm over 6' and I'm very comfortable on my V-Rod. As far as the seat is concerned, I have a Badlander and it pretty well sucks. As soon as I can save my pennies up for a Corbin, I'll be set.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #7
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

I saw the Buell Ulysses while at the HD of Kuwait. Had a nice feel to it The ergos seemed comfortable enough. The VROD they had there was a 06 and the seat seemed to cup/cradle me . I didnt like the way it felt. I will have to look at the 03 model and see if its the same.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #8
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

I rode a 04 v-rod bout a month ago. was ok, It had after market screaming eagle pipes and they are RIGHT there against your right calf. You have to constantly think about keeping your leg away. I got it up to 130mph it was major problem for me to tuck as your feet are out in front of you so far. Just uncomfortable for me.
IF i was to buy something similar and the money was right i would get the v-rod but have not put any seriouse miles on one tho.
Go to mancuso and RENT one for the weekend and see.
my 02 thos.
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #9
TxVrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
I saw the Buell Ulysses while at the HD of Kuwait. Had a nice feel to it The ergos seemed comfortable enough. The VROD they had there was a 06 and the seat seemed to cup/cradle me . I didnt like the way it felt. I will have to look at the 03 model and see if its the same.
It's going to feel the same, ergo-wise. You must be taller than me and/or have longer legs. In that case, you can get some reduced-reach pegs then reverse them. That's what most of the tall folks do.

If you are seriously considering a V-Rod, you might consider joining www.v-rodforums.com. It has 10K+ members and a plethora of information.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
TxVrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460
I rode a 04 v-rod bout a month ago. was ok, It had after market screaming eagle pipes and they are RIGHT there against your right calf. You have to constantly think about keeping your leg away. I got it up to 130mph it was major problem for me to tuck as your feet are out in front of you so far. Just uncomfortable for me.
IF i was to buy something similar and the money was right i would get the v-rod but have not put any seriouse miles on one tho.
Go to mancuso and RENT one for the weekend and see.
my 02 thos.
Michael
Yup, I have burnt the inside of my knee twice there. Renting one is a great idea.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 PM   #11
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Yup, I have burnt the inside of my knee twice there. Renting one is a great idea.
one of several houston places renting harleys

http://www.mancusocrossroads.com/miscpage_002.asp
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Thanks , will check into that.. Gonna be a busy Oct.

Advertisement