MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #61
Got-Busa?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
When it comes to gixxers (not all suzukis in all types) I believe they DRASTICALLY outsell other brands. Therefore you're going to see more bikes with issues based on sheer numbers. Also, due to the recent explosion in sportbike sales, you're going to see a lot more bikes (and therefore a proportionate number of gixxers) being poorly maintained and then breaking. However, its of no fault of the manufacturer that new riders don't know to clean and adjust chains.
It's not the type of bike, it's the rider. Some people just don't know about bikes (vehicles, whatever) or how to take care of them. They are on ALL brands not just Suzuki.....it just seems the stereo type has been passed to the GSXR crowd lately.

, I remember when the R6's first came out, seems like someone was crashing one every weekend. Everyone knows someone that thinks if they get a bike, they will be cool but don't bother to educate themselves on owning one....

Every brand has it's flaws but overall they are all great if you maintain them. I've had a little of everything and no real issues. Loved my CBR's but they got hot when cruising at 160+. Loved my Yamaha's just wish my R1 had more power.....sorry will never own a Kawasaki!
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gixxers acting a Fool miguel!! Stunters Lounge 45 01-08-2013 10:26 PM
04' and up Gixxers Zombiekid General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-26-2012 11:00 AM
gixxers dusanmandic How To's and Q & A's 15 02-17-2009 10:46 PM
2009 Gixxers TeXasGiXXer General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-01-2008 08:25 AM
gixxers are for squids jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 11-17-2006 04:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #62
Osiris102406
Osiris

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Oliveira View Post
I like gixxers but won't buy one bc the rep they have. It's always some bald guy. No gear. Flip flops. And doesn't even know what the a r6 or cbr is, don't even mention an SV to em, they'll think your talking about a plane or some . My girlfriend who isn't even into bikes can spot a gsxr.

we where friends until this !!!

this is comming from the guy whohas a sig called Kyle R 6in it :r ofl:

JK one day you will learn
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #63
Tricki

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

Not a young Mc Squidly by any means. I am an over 40 GSXR 750 rider. There have been several suzukis in my family dating back to the early 70s. No quality issues. I have owned Kawa, Yama, and Hondas too. And no issues either. I'll admit you see alot of GSXRs out there. So if the majority is riding one brand then of course you see more squids on them. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a person say I love Harleys but can't name any other brands. Same with GSXRs. But some peeps do buy them because they like them as in my case.
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #64
Vividkid

Off the top of my head gixxer issues....

01 750's had issues with second gear, they got that ironed out by 02...then all was well untill 06-07 bikes.

Every one ive seen has issue with the exhaust valve, so we pull the seat, clip a wire and it's fine forever.
They supposedly have stator/rectifier issues and also a choppy throttle issue which could be fixed with a map/PC. It looks like after 2007 they ironed all that out as well....

i can't think of any other common gixxer issues.

PS, I keep wanting an 08-09, I love the headlight, but then I get to that exhaust....Once I pull the Cat, there's that big gap from the bodywork till the back wheel and it reminds me a of a farkin 2000ish Katana.

Last edited by Vividkid; 11-24-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Vividkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #65
alexhtwn

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2002 gsxr750 (sold)
bmx
2007 gsxr six hunddy.

gxxers are tha ! thats all!
alexhtwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #66
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #67
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
the majority of bikes that I see with a helmet bouncing around, beating up the tailsection, instead of on the rider's head are gixxers.

This is true. The 01-03 gsxrs do seem to be the squid bike of choice. HOWEVER, there's something important to note here: these are "old" bikes, and there are still an asshitton of them still on the road. How many still running ZX9s do you see from the same era? Might this imply that gixxer reliability is actually a lot better than the stereotype?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #68
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

As I said, I dont agree with the unreliable rep they have. The zx9 reference goes along with the aforementioned popularity of gixxers. The zx9 didnt sell well. It's a shame, they are great bikes. I believe there is probably a similar percentage of each bike still on the road. Yes, that would mean there are 7x as many GSXRs (in general) than ZX9s (specifically).

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #69
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Thr truth is the bike costs less among other things. It is on average over 1grand less than the kawi. So the younger broke guys who want a real bike like a ninja, or a ninja and lets not forget a ninja can actually afford to buy that and still have money for Ramen Noodles.

That is all.... f'n gixxer riders. Only good thing about the bike honestly is the seating... Have you ever seen how well they profile a womans OMG im just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #70
Got-Busa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividkid View Post
PS, I keep wanting an 08-09, I love the headlight, but then I get to that exhaust....Once I pull the Cat, there's that big gap from the bodywork till the back wheel and it reminds me a of a farkin 2000ish Katana.
I believe there is a Euro company that makes a Carbon piece to cover that gap when going to an aftermarket exhaust...
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #71
Tricki

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
yes they are !
And this comes from a guy who rides a Harley! C'mon now! There has never been a bigger POS made in the history of motorcycles than a Harley in the 70's .... you got a free oil pan along with your tool kit!

Oh and as Vividkid said ... we had an issue with my nephew's '06 GSXR750 exhaust valve. Dealer fixed asap.
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #72
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
As I said, I dont agree with the unreliable rep they have. The zx9 reference goes along with the aforementioned popularity of gixxers. The zx9 didnt sell well. It's a shame, they are great bikes. I believe there is probably a similar percentage of each bike still on the road. Yes, that would mean there are 7x as many GSXRs (in general) than ZX9s (specifically).
I just picked a bike that you don't see very often. Anything else would do. In fact, the only bikes I can think from that era that you see on anything close to a regular basis are the F4s, and they're all trashed to as stuntbikes, and have 50% replacement parts to boot.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #73
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
Thr truth is the bike costs less among other things. It is on average over 1grand less than the kawi. So the younger broke guys who want a real bike like a ninja, or a ninja and lets not forget a ninja can actually afford to buy that and still have money for Ramen Noodles.

That is all.... f'n gixxer riders. Only good thing about the bike honestly is the seating... Have you ever seen how well they profile a womans OMG im just saying.
try doing a little research before posting stupid like this. just cause you got raped by paying 12k for a used bike at eximports doesnt mean your is superior.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #74
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

No

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #75
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
try doing a little research before posting stupid like this. just cause you got raped by paying 12k for a used bike at eximports doesnt mean your is superior.
Lol at paying more for a kawi.
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #76
MCgixxer
stunter in training

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600
2003 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to MCgixxer
people hate on us because of the douche bags that ride around in wife beaters and safety glasses
MCgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #77
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCgixxer View Post
people hate on us because of the douche bags that ride around in wife beaters and safety glasses
You mean, like this guy

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=163203

Here is your answer XBIKE..

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #78
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
I was thinking of something to say in retaliation to your attack and I found it

* you* how bout that?

You are an to be one of the most sarcastic bastards here and not see the humor in what I wrote.

Quote:
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #79
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #80
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Doubtful it will get locked if anything dave C will just ban me for telling one of the favorites here to go hump himself. If that is what is needed then I will do my time for the crime.

Quote:
GIVE IT TO ME!

Last edited by humbleassassin; 11-24-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: cant seam to spell anymore.

Advertisement