Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #41
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)







GEDC0017 1
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gixxers acting a Fool miguel!! Stunters Lounge 45 01-08-2013 10:26 PM
04' and up Gixxers Zombiekid General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-26-2012 11:00 AM
gixxers dusanmandic How To's and Q & A's 15 02-17-2009 10:46 PM
2009 Gixxers TeXasGiXXer General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-01-2008 08:25 AM
gixxers are for squids jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 11-17-2006 04:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #42
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)







Why all the Hate on the Gixxers?
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #43
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post


Why all the Hate on the Gixxers?
^^the keeper of the real.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #44
AFS_Racing
Boost King
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N-side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,578

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3











Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
you are one of the lucky few
I must just be all kinds of lucky... I have probably owned 2 dozen gixxers and have never witnessed the aforementioned QC issues.

Hmmmm.....
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #45
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Exactly. I have had "That Guy" tell me, Gixxer 750 is a sleeper so he is getting one next week, Gixxer is the fastest, , gixxer etc. It just seems almost every conversation with a guy thats about to get a bike its a gixxer, for that reason alone I will buy any other brand but gixxer. I believe all the bikes are too close to claim one is better, I just don't want a bike all the noobs desire.
its either the gixxer or its the BUSA. "ya, my dawg said i should get a busa cuz he did over 200 mph on his and said he still had plenty of throttle left in it yo."
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #46
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS_Racing View Post
I must just be all kinds of lucky... I have probably owned 2 dozen gixxers and have never witnessed the aforementioned QC issues.

Hmmmm.....
I'm just playin..

But on a serious note, i've heard people having more issues with suzukis bikes than any other bike out there. Is that the bike or operator error? Who knows. But that's coming from what i've seen.

Having said that, i will stay away from a suzuki just from when i was racing MX. Never really saw anything great or positive from those bikes. Seen MANY rmz-250s blow up or overheat. Guess i don't have much any faith in that brand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #47
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






people new to the sport bike arena, will "alot of the time", not all, buy on name recognition alone. Like previously stated, say "Gixxer" in a crowd of non motorcyclists and they immediately know what you're talking about. Say S1000R and they think you're talking about a new honda 2dr roadster...lol.
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #48
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,403

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I'm just playin..

But on a serious note, i've heard people having more issues with suzukis bikes than any other bike out there. Is that the bike or operator error? Who knows. But that's coming from what i've seen.

Having said that, i will stay away from a suzuki just from when i was racing MX. Never really saw anything great or positive from those bikes. Seen MANY rmz-250s blow up or overheat. Guess i don't have much any faith in that brand.
When it comes to gixxers (not all suzukis in all types) I believe they DRASTICALLY outsell other brands. Therefore you're going to see more bikes with issues based on sheer numbers. Also, due to the recent explosion in sportbike sales, you're going to see a lot more bikes (and therefore a proportionate number of gixxers) being poorly maintained and then breaking. However, its of no fault of the manufacturer that new riders don't know to clean and adjust chains.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #49
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









This is like asking why do people hate on dudes that wear makeup, or wear dresses.

Pretty obvious...they want to PIIMB.

Not acceptable in my book.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #50
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #51
slowposer
pose slower
 
slowposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 704

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(









Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
because..
bahahaharofl
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #52
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
When it comes to gixxers (not all suzukis in all types) I believe they DRASTICALLY outsell other brands. Therefore you're going to see more bikes with issues based on sheer numbers. Also, due to the recent explosion in sportbike sales, you're going to see a lot more bikes (and therefore a proportionate number of gixxers) being poorly maintained and then breaking. However, its of no fault of the manufacturer that new riders don't know to clean and adjust chains.
That's certainly a possible explanation. But it COULD also be a lack of build/ parts quality compared to lets say.. a Honda

I mean, we can all agree that some bikes (not specifically saying suzuki) are more prone to problems and breaking. That combined with people who can't properly maintain a bike would make for some pretty bad failure rates..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #53
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/
 
ddgtomahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,493

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S






Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
That's certainly a possible explanation. But it COULD also be a lack of build/ parts quality compared to lets say.. a Honda

I mean, we can all agree that some bikes (not specifically saying suzuki) are more prone to problems and breaking. That combined with people who can't properly maintain a bike would make for some pretty bad failure rates..
I would hate to see this turn into a Chevy Vs. ford Argument, honestly the big four in motorcycle's are very close overall.
__________________


Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #54
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #55
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
That's certainly a possible explanation. But it COULD also be a lack of build/ parts quality compared to lets say.. a Honda

I mean, we can all agree that some bikes (not specifically saying suzuki) are more prone to problems and breaking. That combined with people who can't properly maintain a bike would make for some pretty bad failure rates..
suzukis are not prone to problems. i have 34k miles on mine. stator and battery had to be replaced at 31k, and now the rectifier at 34k. id say thats pretty darn good.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #56
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
suzukis are not prone to problems. i have 34k miles on mine. stator and battery had to be replaced at 31k, and now the rectifier at 34k. id say thats pretty darn good.
This is completely unrelated. Some people just like to feel superior by repeatedly stating that "Gixxers suck".
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #57
AFS_Racing
Boost King
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N-side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,578

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3











And it tends to be someone that does not own Gixxers.

How often do you hear GSXR owners saying Honda's (Kawi's or Yami's) suck? I think the riders of the non-GSXR's just feel slighted and try to take opportunity when available.

I like all of them and have owned all four at some time or another in the past. No complaints really with any of them. I just like the very late model GSXR liter bikes at the moment. No crime...
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #58
7cain
Resident Ginja
 
7cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,256

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS_Racing View Post
And it tends to be someone that does not own Gixxers.

How often do you hear GSXR owners saying Honda's (Kawi's or Yami's) suck? I think the riders of the non-GSXR's just feel slighted and try to take opportunity when available.

I like all of them and have owned all four at some time or another in the past. No complaints really with any of them. I just like the very late model GSXR liter bikes at the moment. No crime...
Agreed!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)

SBN blade specialist.
7cain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #59
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









I dont like them (or r6/r1s) because of the riding position. I just dont feel comfortable on them.
ALL bikes are of similar quality. Every one has their little quirks.
The talking is because they are like the Civic of the sport bike world. Everywhere you turn, there is a GSXR. On top of that, the majority of bikes that I see with a helmet bouncing around, beating up the tailsection, instead of on the rider's head are gixxers.
Nothing at all wrong with the bikes, just some dumb squids riding around, giving the brand a bad rep.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #60
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
This is completely unrelated. Some people just like to feel superior by repeatedly stating that "Gixxers suck".
its related if i say its related!
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy