Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #41
bueller
future lotto winner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

I am glad they are gone, no care for the customer. They would sell a 1000 to a kid learning to ride a bicycle
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not at Eximports... gueroaero General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 07-14-2009 04:09 PM
Eximports K. Oliveira General Discussion (Moto Related) 81 01-20-2009 12:15 PM
Question about Eximports Andy General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 08-27-2007 11:18 AM
Eximports SUCK!! Candie General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 07-29-2006 06:44 PM
Anyone delt with Eximports? mswistak14 General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 07-13-2005 11:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #42
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
I am glad they are gone, no care for the customer. They would sell a 1000 to a kid learning to ride a bicycle
Yep. They sure would. I remember a guy trying to sell me a busa as a first bike a few years ago. The ONLY thing I like about eximports is the cool showroom and outside display stages.
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #43
ely2000

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 ducati monster 1200
ninja 650r
zx6r

if this is true i hope they still sell the same kind of bikes. cuz eximports had great bikes just bad people working there and charged too much. the only bad thing about mancuso they where trying to sell me the aprilia rsv4 but they would not let me even touch the one they had in on the show floor. so i did not buy, i just cant spend that kind of money with out a test drive. at eximports they let ya at lest sit on them.
ely2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #44
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I do the powder work for them and I have a set of duc rims in house. they are very much alive.
Sounds like you got some new rims dude
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #45
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
veryniiiiiice!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #46
Vegas Kid

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

People were very friendly at the Mancuso Crossroads.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #47
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Never actually had a transaction with Mancuso. But when I was first looking to get a bike the SW shop and the Gulf shop were very nice. The Gulf location actually pointed me to the very bike I have now. No one tried to put me on a Busa or push me one way or the other. The Gulf location told me about the expected maintenance on the bike too. Back when the 2008 Ninjas came out I stopped by the SW location. The apologized for not having any but again didn't push me to "upgrade".

For those other guys - well momma said if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything so .........
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #48
Stromtrooper
Trust me I know what I'm

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'08 Wee-Strom DL650
Trek OCLV 5200

Member Garage

I am grateful for the Eximports place because in October they had a Triumph demo ride for two days. You would show up with your gear, pick a bike a join a guided ride from US59 to Memorial towards downtown and back. They had two of all bikes Triumph sells and I test rode all of them

RIP Eximports and

all of you stealers b e a w a r e: Overcharging and bad customer service shut down businesses...

Last edited by Stromtrooper; 11-22-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Stromtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #49
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:25 AM   #50
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Screw Mancuso. I'll never give them a single cent of my money. I'd rather drive to another city or out of state and pay a higher price than support those bastards.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #51
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
nah, theres a customer of ex import out there somewhere wondering why he went back to get his bike and the building has new employees and name...ruh-roh....
I'm gonna finish them today and get them returned

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #52
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
Screw Mancuso. I'll never give them a single cent of my money. I'd rather drive to another city or out of state and pay a higher price than support those bastards.
I bought a harley from the Mancuso dealer on 610 north loop. 2004
The salesperson sent a request for draft to my credit union for a higher amount than what we agreed upon. The CU lady calls me, I had an unlimited check from them, within reason of course, the only flag that caught the HD sales lady hand in the cookie jar was that the CU lady and I had discussed the exact price for the draft and she knew anything else wasnt approved by me. Otherwise, she would have paid the draft request and I would be paying more then I obviously thought. If I wouldnt have taken the time to call and review with her, Mancusco HD wouldnt have gotten away with it.
I wonder how many times that happens and people end up paying a few hundred more than they thought?.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 11-23-2010 at 07:55 AM.
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #53
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I bought a harley from the Mancuso dealer on 610 north loop. 2004
The salesperson sent a request for draft to my credit union for a higher amount than what we agreed upon. The CU lady calls me, I had an unlimited check from them, within reason of course, the only flag that caught the HD sales lady hand in the cookie jar was that the CU lady and I had discussed the exact price for the draft and she knew anything else wasnt approved by me. Otherwise, she would have paid the draft request and I would be paying more then I obviously thought. If I wouldnt have taken the time to call and review with her, Mancusco HD wouldnt have gotten away with it.
I wonder how many times that happens and people end up paying a few hundred more than they thought?.
i would be kicking some .
Old 11-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #54
trooper
Time to ride.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Heritage Softail Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
Seriously? So wold any other stealership. Its all about the money! As with any business i am sure there are legitimate complaints but how many of the haters on here never actually went there or are just mad cause their credit sucked and they couldnt get financed. Probably more than a few i would bet. As ive said before i did business there for years and never got over, never waited 3 months for parts, and never had my bike screwed up by the service techs. One thing i know is I hope you haters never own your own business cause karma is a . If this rumor is true then its a sad day because now we have more people out of a job right at the holiday season. Thats not funny regardless of your personall feelings.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #55
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

glad to hear no more eximports. i lol'd when i saw a mid 90's zx7 with tons of miles for 7k. i bought a helmet there from some maj douchebag who was telling me that basically the helmet didnt fit unless your face was turning purple. what a joke.
the showroom was nice to look at though
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #56
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #57
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Seriously? So wold any other stealership. Its all about the money! As with any business i am sure there are legitimate complaints but how many of the haters on here never actually went there or are just mad cause their credit sucked and they couldnt get financed. Probably more than a few i would bet. As ive said before i did business there for years and never got over, never waited 3 months for parts, and never had my bike screwed up by the service techs. One thing i know is I hope you haters never own your own business cause karma is a . If this rumor is true then its a sad day because now we have more people out of a job right at the holiday season. Thats not funny regardless of your personall feelings.
ok douchebag, if that's how you want it, then I'll tell you my experience with them since you're convinced everyones full of . I bought an 09 daytona 675 brand new from them, the salesman, who I think was fired recently, was barred out, and barely could remember my name all day, let alone our sales agreements. The owner told me with my new triumph I would receive a 1000 dollar gift card for gear, two days later when I came in with my sizes to order said gear, they told me there was a mistake and I don't get a gift card. Triumph told me that was bullshit but they couldn't do anything about it because that promotion was at the discretion of the dealership. Then they did my 600 mile service, which on the day of the sale I was told was free, but when I went to pick up my bike I was billed 200 for a service that 12k miles later, I'm STILL PAYING TO FIX. They left bolts out causing an oil leak, and it's been oil into the air filter. If that's not enough for me to not like a dealership, then I don't know what is.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #58
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #59
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
NO! Many other dealerships WOULD NOT do that. It is totally irresponsible to put an inexperienced rider on a bike with that much power.

Read my post about Mancuso.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #60
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

ExImports...

Good Riddance

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
PimpDaub is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement