MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
gradplanner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December

Almost got hit and Lost it.

I know this was irresponsible, but I just lost it.

Well, I was on my way home on the bike after going out for a quick lunch and a guy ran a stop sign and almost T-boned me on the bike. So I hollered “WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING” and rode off. The next thing I noticed was him tailgating me. He might as well had his bumper on my back tire. So I pulled over and he stopped the car in the middle of the street talking noise. So I got off the bike and asked him what was up and he kept talking noise. I told him I didn’t appreciate him almost hitting me and riding my tail. I went to his car and said if he really felt that way to get out the car. He kept talking so I got in his face. Oh, but then he put his finger on the bridge of my nose. I yanked open his door open and pulled him out his car and jacked him up against it so he couldn’t move, kind of like the cops. I asked him “Now What”. We held up traffic for a good 6 minutes. After letting him go, he called the police. Luckily, I was in front of my friends mom's house and her boyfriend witness what happened. And, the cops in the area know me. , 4 of them ride with us and 3 belong to Majic Wheels, my brother in law’s motorcycle club. Needless to say, I don’t think he’ll put his finger in anyone’s face again.

For the most part, I try to be cool headed especially these day because you just never know. Yesterday, I just snapped.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coworker lost two children (Hit and Run Accident) Slash24 Off Topic 44 06-18-2014 02:46 PM
Worst road debris you've hit or almost hit? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-27-2013 02:32 PM
What is the strangest thing you hit or almost hit? urbanXJ Off Topic 38 02-27-2009 12:43 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

No beating?

1 star thread.

(truth though, good job... bet he wont with another motorcyclist again.)
Old 11-22-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
gradplanner

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
No beating?

1 star thread.

(truth though, good job... bet he wont with another motorcyclist again.)
I wanted to, but I didn't want to make a bad situation worse. But yeah you're absolutely right, he won't mess with us again. Some of us may have disagreements and name call from time to time name call on this board but deep down, if any of us see somebody in a car jump at a fellow rider, we defiinitely will have that rider's back and that's what I've grown to appreciate.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

For loosing your cool, you kept it together... Some of these people I really loose patience with. Good job. Handled it better than I probably would have.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

just sayin', a motorcycle club thats named "majic wheels" kinda implies a bunch of leather and chrome stud wearing dudes, big bushy moustaches and bikes with spinning wheels encrusted with plastic jewels and a lot of pink in the paint.

not that theres anything wrong with that, just sayin'

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 11-22-2010 at 08:32 AM.
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

better be careful - next time that guy may be packing and when you grab him you have just given him cause to fear for his life and bust a cap in your azz.....

Otherwise, glad you set him straight.

Be sure to ALWAYS get a license plate number and as complete a description as possible of vehicle and driver.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
better be careful - next time that guy may be packing and when you grab him you have just given him cause to fear for his life and bust a cap in your azz.....

Otherwise, glad you set him straight.

Be sure to ALWAYS get a license plate number and as complete a description as possible of vehicle and driver.

luckily you were in the situation where you knew the people around you and the guy didnt have a gun or something

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #8
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradplanner View Post
I know this was irresponsible, but I just lost it.

Well, I was on my way home on the bike after going out for a quick lunch and a guy ran a stop sign and almost T-boned me on the bike. So I hollered “WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING” and rode off. The next thing I noticed was him tailgating me. He might as well had his bumper on my back tire. So I pulled over and he stopped the car in the middle of the street talking noise. So I got off the bike and asked him what was up and he kept talking noise. I told him I didn’t appreciate him almost hitting me and riding my tail. I went to his car and said if he really felt that way to get out the car. He kept talking so I got in his face. Oh, but then he put his finger on the bridge of my nose. I yanked open his door open and pulled him out his car and jacked him up against it so he couldn’t move, kind of like the cops. I asked him “Now What”. We held up traffic for a good 6 minutes. After letting him go, he called the police. Luckily, I was in front of my friends mom's house and her boyfriend witness what happened. And, the cops in the area know me. , 4 of them ride with us and 3 belong to Majic Wheels, my brother in law’s motorcycle club. Needless to say, I don’t think he’ll put his finger in anyone’s face again.

For the most part, I try to be cool headed especially these day because you just never know. Yesterday, I just snapped.
You're an idiot, and you're lucky he didn't just run your over.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

No.. Your the idiot ^^
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
No.. Your the idiot ^^

I'm sorry, what? You're talking to a guy IN A CAR, while you're either on bike or on foot. Anybody with half a braincell would realize they metaphorically brough a knife to a gun fight.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 11-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

I'm sorry that you're so afraid of consequences that you can't stand up for yourself when your confronted by a potential threat.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Wow. Now I understand why people want to restrict gun ownership.

CMRA #302
Old 11-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #13
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Sometimes somebody just needs to be knocked down a notch.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #14
Jofuzzy
rat fink king

Bike(s):
virago xv700

who said anything about a gun? are you a democrat? turning someone almost running a guy on two wheels over into gun control?
Jofuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Glad you're alright!
People on cars trying to run bikers over just makes my blood boil.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
just sayin', a motorcycle club thats named "majic wheels" kinda implies a bunch of leather and chrome stud wearing dudes, big bushy moustaches and bikes with spinning wheels encrusted with plastic jewels and a lot of pink in the paint.

not that theres anything wrong with that, just sayin'
Ahahaha
Old 11-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

At least everything worked out for you. It's not what I would have done, but at least it worked out.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #18
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
I'm sorry that you're so afraid of consequences that you can't stand up for yourself when your confronted by a potential threat.
So turning a potential threat into a potential shooting is the appropriate response?

The safest and smartest thing to do is remove yourself from the situation. I'm glad the OP is okay, but this could have ended very badly for him. Yanking a guy out of his car in Texas is just not a very smart idea unless you just want to be shot for it.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Yeah, you never know these days. I had some punk cut ME off, flip ME off and when i flipped him off after all that, he pointed a gun out the window at me. Bat crazy and stupid are two lethal combos and aren't hard to come accross..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Yeah, you never know these days. I had some punk cut ME off, flip ME off and when i flipped him off after all that, he pointed a gun out the window at me. Bat crazy and stupid are two lethal combos and aren't hard to come accross..
+1 to that.

Some people are just waiting for a place and time to go off on someone else - maybe you.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement