MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #21
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I wonder if he'll get another bike after he gets out of jail? hehe
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop Hits Suspect with Car pinball The Circus 13 04-20-2015 08:30 PM
hahahah wheelie guy hits cop urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 06-14-2013 10:15 AM
Drunk cop hits 3 bikers, kills one, gets charges dropped. Surpirse! Redux General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 08-22-2010 04:57 PM
Austin Cop Runs Red Light And Hits 78 Year Old Motorcyclist ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 07-03-2010 12:38 PM
Off-duty cop hits motorcycle while fleeing from police ArturoC General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-22-2007 09:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #22
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
You should have run.
Tested his "knee jerk reaction" and seen if he had any past experience with a chase

Why not rob a bank while you're at it? At least make all the effort worthwhile. I stopped chasing bikes long ago.....not worth losing my job over. If I chase a bike and total my patrol car in the process what was the point? Better yet, what if I kill an innocent driver because I busted a red light during the chase? Nah, still not worth it. So speed on suckers cuz this cop aint gonna chase you.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #23
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

^ Come on.
You can't just let the crooks run.
How about some spike strips?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #24
P-Ratt

Bike(s):
FZ1

I think that the mentality which allows more aggressive tactics to stop fleeing vehicles is becoming more common. There isn't a good method for stopping bikes. Spike strips could easily cause death if the rider isn't skilled enough to handle a flat-tired bike, let alone one being handled at high speed. Just as likely to cause death is the use of cruiser to push a bike off the road. I am not in favor of the use of such methods with bikes. Cars have airbags and safety cages.

That said, don't run.
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #25
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Ratt
I think that the mentality which allows more aggressive tactics to stop fleeing vehicles is becoming more common. There isn't a good method for stopping bikes. Spike strips could easily cause death if the rider isn't skilled enough to handle a flat-tired bike, let alone one being handled at high speed. Just as likely to cause death is the use of cruiser to push a bike off the road. I am not in favor of the use of such methods with bikes. Cars have airbags and safety cages.

That said, don't run.
could be like that cop we heard about awhile back. hey shot at a guy that was running.
later
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #26
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Well, if Peter Parker had used his powers to stop the robber, maybe that same robber wouldnt have shot and carjacked his Uncle Ben. Do you stop someone from running and maybe save an innocents life or do you let him go and he kills an innocent.

Just joking. trying to break the monotony of this debate:icon_rabb
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #27
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Got what he deserved. No license means he should not have even been on the bike in the first place. If you choose to do stupid things, you should be prepared to suffer stupid consequences. What if he hit a child, or other innocent person, just to avoid a ticket? Pleeze.......... stupid is as stipid does. Again..........he deserved it.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #28
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

you guys are such communists

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #29
Motogp05
HFD Rollin in Heat

Bike(s):
SOLD

Send a message via MSN to Motogp05
I would be too if my car got F-ed up! I mean this guy could have done the same thing but maybe at an intersection with more cars and be dead or even killed someone else. And I think its dumb how the mother is backing up the son because this cop "hit" her son. I wonder if the fact that he was white has anything to do with it?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #30
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
^ Come on.
You can't just let the crooks run.
How about some spike strips?
When the dept decides to back officers up for the decisions that they make then I'll start chasing again. If I kill someone during a chase, especially if the cause of the wreck is me chasing a suspect, then chances are high that I'll lose my job. Sorry bro, but I'm not giving up all the things that I've bust my for to chase some on his gixxer. By the way, spike strips are not designed for fleeing motorcycles.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #31
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
When the dept decides to back officers up for the decisions that they make then I'll start chasing again. If I kill someone during a chase, especially if the cause of the wreck is me chasing a suspect, then chances are high that I'll lose my job. Sorry bro, but I'm not giving up all the things that I've bust my for to chase some on his gixxer. By the way, spike strips are not designed for fleeing motorcycles.
I have to agree that the risk becomes very high for others who are not choosing to be involved with the chase to begin with over some lame motorcycle rider who more then likely will only kill themselves.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #32
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

**** the police. end of discussion
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #33
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

sorry
Old 08-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #34
Laserchevelle
Laserchevelle

Bike(s):
1994 Yamaha Virago 1100

Send a message via AIM to Laserchevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
And dumbass strikes again
Laserchevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #35
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #36
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, and Eazy E would be proud of you! Here's a link with the rest of the lyrics.

http://www.lyricscrawler.com/song/33588.html
Old 08-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #37
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

:laughing6

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #38
bigjay77

Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996

Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
Quote:
Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, and Eazy E would be proud of you! Here's a link with the rest of the lyrics.

thats some old t i remember when it first came out, ok end highjack
bigjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #39
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

I have no problems with cops stopping known fleeing bank robbers, murderers etc by ANY means possible. But u are "supposed" to be innocent untill proven guilty.
But to Ram a bike or shoot at a rider because he is running, because he was speading is not right by any means. to me the cops actions by ramming don't fit the violation of initial speeding. Not in this instance per say but in a few we have read in the past.
buck said that the kid broke the law with not having a license so he desrved getting hit.
so where is the line of law breaking that deserves to have your life put in danger by getting rammed?
ANY violation of the law?
Look on the back of a ticket. u can get a speeding ticket for going 1 over the speedlimit, so by this reasoning then if u go 56 in a 55 u broke the law so u deserved to be taken out. So by Racer X it's ok for the cop to take u out for doing 1 over the speed limit cus sportbikers in general run. see what i am getting at?
There has to be a set limit to what kinda force is used for each violation.
Sure you are gonna have people running cus they know that cops will not chase them, they do now anyways.

It won't be too long before technology will stop all this. Say have cop cars emit a signal at a couple hundred yards when his emergencies are on that any car within range will pick up and signal the driver to watch out hence maybe stop innocence getting hit.

maybe equip every vehicle with a lojak similar device that a cop within line-of-site range will have some type of reader to be able to see who owns the vehicle. point and click. and once locked can track the vehicle. maybe a radar gun type devise that when u are hit with it it tells the cop who owns the car or bike , address etc? can do that from a great distance.
Anyone want to help me get a patent on any of these?

just my rambling of course.
later
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #40
julz005

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'12 CBR 1KRR
'05 GIXXER 600 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to julz005
Quote:

+1
bud i used to b a cop and quit doin that job because i believed there were only asss hole cops out there. nice to c u have a sense of humor.
:laughing6 :laughing6
julz005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement