MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
WWFII

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

Problem with a Dealership, Need Advice...

I purchased my bike new from a dealership -- along with the 5-year extended warranty. Because of this fact, I bring my bike to the dealership for ALL oil changes. The bike is a 2k8 model, and I have 34k miles on it. So, I have had the oil changed several times.

The last time I brought the bike in, the dealership told me I had a leak coming from the drain-plug area. They tell me they have seen this problem on several 2k8 Hayabusa's recently, and that they will contact Suzuki to see if they will take care of the issue. To be honest, I think they cross-threaded the drain-plug or torqued it too much -- at any rate, I place the blame on the dealership.

I leave the bike at the shop, and they decide to have someone perform a heli-coil procedure on the bike. I pay to have this procedure performed. The bike was not leaking, but I told them I wanted it done right. I wanted the oil-pan replaced. They agreed, and asked me to bring the bike back.

I marked the oil-pan to make sure I could tell if they were going to replace the pan -- because I am feeling uneasy about the dealership now. I picked the bike up today, and the bike is rattling like crazy. From what I can see, there are two push-pins missing, and I had to adjust a few where the overlap was incorrect. Not only that, but it looks like they took some silver spray-paint and painted the oil-pan. The paint is already peeling -- due to the heat. It's a little dark outside, but I think I see the marks I placed on the pan.

I never logged the mileage on my bike for the warranty, but I am sure they have all the information on the computer. I really want to look for another "authorized" Suzuki dealership. Can anyone recommend one on the North side?

Do I write Suzuki about the dealership? I am at the point where I'm afraid to bring the bike back to the dealership -- they might try and physically cause damage to my bike.
WWFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What dealership?? brisingr23 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-24-2012 11:44 AM
vfr750 headlight problem any advice is appreciated vfr750 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 01-24-2011 09:54 AM
Need advice on a bike Problem Jay Off Topic 14 09-28-2008 09:13 PM
Best Dealership Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-04-2008 08:44 AM
looking for a dealership, HELP! ELFany General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-03-2006 09:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

I would check with Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited first about whether the work has to be done at a dealership.

If not, let him take care of it.

If so, try K's Motorsports in Humble. Never used them, but heard very good things about them.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

I don't do dealerships so I don't have any advice there but I just wanted to comment on your milage and give you props for riding the out of that beast.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

If its not leaking I would just leave it alone and get them to replace the clips. Helicoil is quite strong and should hold up fine. Fck dealing with their . Btw do u stay on se side by anychance?

Last edited by mx6er; 11-18-2010 at 09:05 PM.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #5
WWFII

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

I love my bike, and it breaks my heart that the dealership does not feel the same way. I will call them tomorrow morning and tell them about the missing push-pins and the fact my bike is rattling at the front.

Perhaps, the oil-pan is not much of a concern. Since they perform the oil changes, they will have to deal with this issue again. I noticed a little oil on the pan last night, so I rubbed it with a paper-towel. I will see if there are any leaks in the morning.
WWFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Stay away from dealerships.......
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
crzy88

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636

Yea, for whatever reason I never go to dealerships anymore for anything when it comes to my bikes. Cars I do. Like Challen said, talk with Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited or any of the other sponsors.
crzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Ask them if they are replacing the crush washer on the drain plug. They are supposed to be replacing it every time they change the oil. 9 times out of 10, if the oil pan is leaking, it's seaping out of the threads/washer on the drain plug. BUT I have no doubt they stripped the threads and heli coiled it's.... That is not THAT big of a deal but the fact they charged YOU for it is. Also the 2nd time around when they supposedly replaced the pan and simply spray painted it, likely charging you for a $150 pan is a flat rip off. I would call them out for sure on that ....especially considering there should be NO paint on anything other then the clutch/starter/stator covers and those are black...they are clearly trying to deceive you.... I would not be letting them service from here on out....Just because your warranty was bought there doesn't mean it's not covered by other dealers/shops. Is it a Suzuki warranty or some fly by night 3rd party warranty?

Either way, that dealer is running it deep in your .

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
R1Rider2009
R1

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2008 Victory Vegas Low (sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
What dealership?
+1

nothing good will come of this unless you don't give the name of the dealership!
R1Rider2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:02 AM   #11
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Rider2009 View Post
+1

nothing good will come of this unless you don't give the name of the dealership!
?????

The dealership probably is pointless (it's gotta be one of the few in or around town)

I would ask why they didn' replace the pan which is the best option on the busa when it starts leaking there. I probably would have already contacted zuki and let them deal with it if the dealership brushed me off any more.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #12
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 ZX636R

I'm out of warranty on my bike, but even when I was in warranty, I did my own oil changes. I read the fine print on my warranty paperwork and found out that as long as I could provide receipts and records for required maintenance, I was good to go.

I never needed to prove anything, though. Since buying the bike brand new back in November of 2003, I've never had a single issue *knock on wood*. I do have really low mileage on it as a result of military life, but it's still comforting to know that Kawasaki makes a quality product.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
Got-Busa?

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Ask them if they are replacing the crush washer on the drain plug. They are supposed to be replacing it every time they change the oil. 9 times out of 10, if the oil pan is leaking, it's seaping out of the threads/washer on the drain plug. BUT I have no doubt they stripped the threads and heli coiled it's.... That is not THAT big of a deal but the fact they charged YOU for it is. Also the 2nd time around when they supposedly replaced the pan and simply spray painted it, likely charging you for a $150 pan is a flat rip off. I would call them out for sure on that ....especially considering there should be NO paint on anything other then the clutch/starter/stator covers and those are black...they are clearly trying to deceive you.... I would not be letting them service from here on out....Just because your warranty was bought there doesn't mean it's not covered by other dealers/shops. Is it a Suzuki warranty or some fly by night 3rd party warranty?

Either way, that dealer is running it deep in your .
+1

They have seen that problem on severl 08 BUSA's because the idiots are causing the problem. You should have ZERO oil leaking from the bike, it's NOT common...
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
Osiris102406
Osiris

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFII View Post
I purchased my bike new from a dealership -- along with the 5-year extended warranty. Because of this fact, I bring my bike to the dealership for ALL oil changes. The bike is a 2k8 model, and I have 34k miles on it. So, I have had the oil changed several times.

The last time I brought the bike in, the dealership told me I had a leak coming from the drain-plug area. They tell me they have seen this problem on several 2k8 Hayabusa's recently, and that they will contact Suzuki to see if they will take care of the issue. To be honest, I think they cross-threaded the drain-plug or torqued it too much -- at any rate, I place the blame on the dealership.

I leave the bike at the shop, and they decide to have someone perform a heli-coil procedure on the bike. I pay to have this procedure performed. The bike was not leaking, but I told them I wanted it done right. I wanted the oil-pan replaced. They agreed, and asked me to bring the bike back.

I marked the oil-pan to make sure I could tell if they were going to replace the pan -- because I am feeling uneasy about the dealership now. I picked the bike up today, and the bike is rattling like crazy. From what I can see, there are two push-pins missing, and I had to adjust a few where the overlap was incorrect. Not only that, but it looks like they took some silver spray-paint and painted the oil-pan. The paint is already peeling -- due to the heat. It's a little dark outside, but I think I see the marks I placed on the pan.

I never logged the mileage on my bike for the warranty, but I am sure they have all the information on the computer. I really want to look for another "authorized" Suzuki dealership. Can anyone recommend one on the North side?

Do I write Suzuki about the dealership? I am at the point where I'm afraid to bring the bike back to the dealership -- they might try and physically cause damage to my bike.

Bet it was STUBBS P/S same on my 06 1k, left out several OEM plastic clips and they didnt plug my fan back in...

all i hade done was the frame brkt recall, and when i saw what hey had done they even told me that their shop manager had done the work, they did not offer to buy the clips they had lost.... However when i informed them about finding my fan unplugged they offered me an F ing free oil change LOLOLOLOLOLL like i would ever let you touch my bike again

i had never in the 15 years i have been riding ever gone to a dealer and after that little experience I NEVER WILL again.

GO TO STUBBS Power sports

and thats all i have to say about that

for great service and honest ppl go to Motorcycles Unlimited Pat ROX !!!
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #15
Osiris102406
Osiris

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Rider2009 View Post
+1

I am going to double up on the STUBBS power sports bashing just because

if you value your life and your bike stay away
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

i have had several bikes that ive put over 30+k miles on and especially on my busa i changed the oil every max 2k miles, most of the time ever 1k-1,500 miles, never did i have a issue with drain plug. its deff a improper tightening from the dealership, gl sounds like a sucky situation but thats why i only go to Motorcycles Unlimited if i need something done
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

I would def go back and ask why the pan looks as if its painted, and if it was replace at all. I had a prob with my gsxr pan (cracked at the drain plug) the aluminum there is already pretty thin. Drilling it out bigger and putting helicoil in there doesnt sound like a great idea, but im sure it has worked fine for people before. Ask them to split the cost of the pan/replacement since you have every service done there. Obviously you have had quite a few, but there still should be no reason for it to be messed up it was done properly.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement