Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

What the **** is wrong with parents???

So I'm sitting here at work, not doing much of anything because it's slow as , and this couple comes in with their 2 kids...these ****ers are like, 8 years old...maybe 10...

the little girl has a cell phone! She's ****ing 10 years old and has a cellphone! I didn't have a cellphone until I was 17, out of high school living on my own, and paying for the thing myself! Who the **** does a 10 year old need to call on a cellphone?? And what does a 10 year old have to talk about on a cellphone? 'Hey, whats up...yeah, I totally missed the new Barney the ****ing Dinosaur episode today...have you heard the new AFI?'

I think the rule should be 'If she's old enough to have a cellphone, she's old enough for me to **** her'. That'll make parents re-think their ****ing strategy
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF is wrong with parents?????? Grinchy Off Topic 43 09-02-2010 10:36 PM
parents must see RACER X Off Topic 15 05-17-2010 12:07 PM
parents, instead of candy RACER X Off Topic 17 10-13-2009 12:34 PM
Why Parents Drink ArturoC Off Topic 3 12-01-2006 03:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

umm my niece has a contract cell and shes 9 and my nephew is just turnd 8 and he got 1 for his b day
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious
I think the rule should be 'If she's old enough to have a cellphone, she's old enough for me to **** her'. That'll make parents re-think their ****ing strategy
thats a bit much kinda sick
Old 08-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
civicious

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
umm my niece has a contract cell and shes 9 and my nephew is just turnd 8 and he got 1 for his b day
What the **** do an 8 and 9 year old need with cellphones??
Old 08-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
What the **** do an 8 and 9 year old need with cellphones??
lol... well since my neice and nephew have other parents that dont live in the house they call my sisters if they want to go home and they dont have to ask to use the phone or when they r at a frnds and dont wanna be there no more, my other nephew is 12 and hes had a phone since he was 9. when i was younger i wish i had a cell i would go stay at some 1s house and if i didnt wanna stay no more they parents would say wait til the mornin or somethin, its good for a kid to have a cell phone and they have the new phones that tell u where ur kids are at all times its a real good idea incase they r kidnapd or somethin along them lines.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
only phone a kid needs is one of those fire fly phones so the can call mommy or daddy only. i am only 20 but i had to work for everything i have now, and it seems that kids are being handed everything
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010
only phone a kid needs is one of those fire fly phones so the can call mommy or daddy only. i am only 20 but i had to work for everything i have now, and it seems that kids are being handed everything
true. but ummm i dunno my brother in law makes plenty of money so i dont care what they do with thier money.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

I would get my lil girl a cell phone for emergency case only. I saw in an add cell phones that can only call 4 of the numbers that are programmed into it. Sounds like a good idea.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels
I would get my lil girl a cell phone for emergency case only. I saw in an add cell phones that can only call 4 of the numbers that are programmed into it. Sounds like a good idea.
have u seen they new disney phones where it tells u where ur kid is at all times?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #10
civicious

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
its good for a kid to have a cell phone and they have the new phones that tell u where ur kids are at all times its a real good idea incase they r kidnapd or somethin along them lines.
So they know where their kids are at all times? They're 10 years old! They shouldn't be anywhere but in their parent's yard, in their parent's house, at school, or at a friend's house under adult supervision!

And a cellphone is a good idea in case they're kidnapped?? How many kidnappers do you know that are gonna kidnap a kid, and let them keep their cellphone??
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #11
BikerBarbie
I only look plastic

Bike(s):
1996 Harley Davidson Sportster 883

Send a message via AIM to BikerBarbie Send a message via Yahoo to BikerBarbie
I teach elementary school...a bunch of kids starting at like 3rd grade have cellphones. There's nothing more charming than to have a 3rd grader be mad at the teacher and then walk over to their backpack, get their phone and call mommy.

One day, one of my choir kids forgot his cellphone at home. He wanted me to let him walk home to get the cellphone, come back to school for choir (which is after school) then he'd have his cellphone to be able to call mom to tell her when he's walking home after choir!?!?!? The school has a phone!

I can understand why parents want their kids to be able to get in touch with them, but I agree. Having a cellphone at 9 or 10 to chat about the Power Rangers and Barney is a bit ridiculous.

BikerBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #12
CBR_Ryder
No more bike...

my sisters 8 and she has a nextel with direct connect
CBR_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #13
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
So I'm sitting here at work, not doing much of anything because it's slow as , and this couple comes in with their 2 kids...these ****ers are like, 8 years old...maybe 10...

the little girl has a cell phone! She's ****ing 10 years old and has a cellphone! I didn't have a cellphone until I was 17, out of high school living on my own, and paying for the thing myself! Who the **** does a 10 year old need to call on a cellphone?? And what does a 10 year old have to talk about on a cellphone? 'Hey, whats up...yeah, I totally missed the new Barney the ****ing Dinosaur episode today...have you heard the new AFI?'

thats pretty sick!
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #14
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
So they know where their kids are at all times? They're 10 years old! They shouldn't be anywhere but in their parent's yard, in their parent's house, at school, or at a friend's house under adult supervision!

And a cellphone is a good idea in case they're kidnapped?? How many kidnappers do you know that are gonna kidnap a kid, and let them keep their cellphone??
but at 10 kids are alot of places... thats y so many kids r comin up missing or dead! my niece calls my sister when she gets out of school to let her phone shes on her way and my sister walks to the corner to meet her, and when i was in school they didnt let us use the phones in the office and such, i think its a good idea for a kid to have a phone for many reasons but of course there is many why they shouldnt
Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #15
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
thats pretty sick!
thats what i said, sounds like a child molester... not sayin u r lol but ummmm it just sounded really bad cause u just said the kids where like 10
Old 08-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
civicious

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
thats what i said, sounds like a child molester... not sayin u r lol but ummmm it just sounded really bad cause u just said the kids where like 10
I wasn't actually saying I want to **** 10 year olds...

more along the lines of 'kids shouldn't have cellphones until the'yre 17 or so, and can pay for them themselves'

ever heard of 'sarcasm'?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #17
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:

more along the lines of 'kids shouldn't have cellphones until the'yre 17 or so, and can pay for them themselves'

ever heard of 'sarcasm'?
it sounded sick... and my niece and nephews go chores... dont get money for it they get thier cell phone... they work hard in school play sports and ect... they have to earn thier phones, bikes, go carts, ect. u can say nothins handed to them but me and my family didnt have all that, and for my sisters and brother n law to give thier kids the things they want and need means alot to them i wasnt so happy about them havin a phone when they 1st got them but they dont abuse what they have and they work hard to keep it
Old 08-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #18
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Ricky's nephew who is 11 has a cell phone, and my brother and sister who are 9 and 11 are both asking for them now cause all of thier friends have one. I told my mom she better not cause I didn't get one till I was 16 and even then I was paying for it. She is actually thinkning about it cause she wants then to be able to contact her anytime!! Cell phones are rediculous, my best days are when I have mine off and nobody can call to at me about THIER problems. I think there should be an age limit on cell phones!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #19
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

kids come in my store all the time with parents and get cellphones, some of them get pda's and their no more than 12 yrs old. some kids are just spoiled and get whatever they want
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #20
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
Quote:

ever heard of 'sarcasm'?
times are changing? granted i didnt have one till i was 16-17 but then again, most people my age didnt get one till that age back then?

as for them paying for themselves. that might be a subject for itself. i see it to often on boards where if a kid gets a nice car, bike, toy, etc. they get bashed that they didnt pay for it. Maybe most people arn't that lucky. most of the people i know have parents paying for everything. school, car, everyday necessity. Why would someone work if they can be given this stuff and just concentrate strictly on school. then when they graduate, have a real job, and marry. and repeat the cycle.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement