MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Well, first off, I don't stunt, I can't even do a wheelie, but when he quoted " Dallas riders" , he implied "Me", so that's my response. BTW, when I read reports of Houston riders flying off ramps and RIP threads every other weeks, do I say " Houston riders"?

Kettle, meet Black
It's because the dallas 'guys' have show up more in the news, en masse than the houston and other city folx have.

Quote:
thats preaty up, them camara crews have their head too far in their to know what really happens, their motorcycles on 2 wheels theres a thing called accidents , doin a wheelie is no different than driving with on hand on the wheel, texting, eating, , people die every day in car crashes , they just target the stunt guys wich is really up, they make it sound like they are kamikaze riders killing them selves
Read the article, they're taking out more than just themselves...
the real point of the article seems to be that author feels the Pd may not be doing all it can
to try to address it.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Are Men So F*cking Stupid? Squoddybody Off Topic 88 03-15-2013 10:12 PM
Another reason to hate Dallas and their sport bike riders. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 124 06-06-2010 10:20 PM
Comcast, F*ck you in your F*cking A Pyrofallout Off Topic 43 12-10-2009 01:18 PM
GERMANS NOT AMUSED...F*CKING FastLine Off Topic 4 10-19-2006 03:29 PM
Crazy f*cking kids! fuknrobert Off Topic 20 04-26-2006 08:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #22
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
thats preaty up, them camara crews have their head too far in their to know what really happens, their motorcycles on 2 wheels theres a thing called accidents , doin a wheelie is no different than driving with on hand on the wheel, texting, eating, , people die every day in car crashes , they just target the stunt guys wich is really up, they make it sound like they are kamikaze riders killing them selves

It's not an accident. It's reckless endangerment. Sure the article is about stunters, but that doesn't mean those are the only people targeted. In fact it would seem that little to nothing is being done about it at all if you go by that article.

The real problem with the article is that it doesn't continuously focus on people stunting their bikes on public roads as the problem. All to quickly the reference is shortened to "sport bike riders" and then just "bikers" in general. It does nothing but increase the size of the black cloud we already ride under every day.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #23
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer

people like that make me sick, lets honor our dead by making sure no one can get anywhere in the city. shut down the freeway is a good idea!! NOT!!

want to stunt, go for it, somewhere where only YOUR life would be in danger.

want to shut down the freeway, your an and a , and i would say it to anyones face!!
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
It's not an accident. It's reckless endangerment. Sure the article is about stunters, but that doesn't mean those are the only people targeted. In fact it would seem that little to nothing is being done about it at all if you go by that article.

The real problem with the article is that it doesn't continuously focus on people stunting their bikes on public roads as the problem. All to quickly the reference is shortened to "sport bike riders" and then just "bikers" in general. It does nothing but increase the size of the black cloud we already ride under every day.
its still preaty messed up, the news makes it sound like their raping and plundering , i never heard of a stunt guy that runs around crashing their bike into cars, you have to be familiar with the stunt world to see why this is up in many ways.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #25
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
its still preaty messed up, the news makes it sound like their raping and plundering , i never heard of a stunt guy that runs around crashing their bike into cars, you have to be familiar with the stunt world to see why this is up in many ways.
i disagree with it being " up". something obviously needs to be done. did you miss the part where their little stunting party got people killed? i suppose you think thats ok, as long as the news people dont make the poor little stunters look bad.....
Old 11-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #26
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i disagree with it being " up". something obviously needs to be done. did you miss the part where their little stunting party got people killed? i suppose you think thats ok, as long as the news people dont make the poor little stunters look bad.....
i understand whats going on but its not the ''stunters'' crashing those bikes top out at 89 mph ,like i sayd you have to be familiar with the stunt scene out here to understand, any one can point fingers when they are sitting around watching this on tv, and have no clue as to what their talking about . this stunting on the e way has been around since the cbr 900rr came out why is it a problem now?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #27
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
i understand whats going on but its not the ''stunters'' crashing those bikes top out at 89 mph ,like i sayd you have to be familiar with the stunt scene out here to understand, any one can point fingers when they are sitting around watching this on tv, and have no clue as to what their talking about . this stunting on the e way has been around since the cbr 900rr came out why is it a problem now?
so in your mind you think it should be a live and let live situation right? let them block the highways, let them get people killed, etc. no sir, i do NOT have to be a stunter to see that the actions of the people in that video are STUPID. its really sad how youre defending their actions, and your only argument is "well, youre not a stunter so you dont understand. woe is me." we say all the time how people should keep the fast riding to the track, and same applies to stunters. keep it in a controlled environment away from other motorists, cause you wont get any sympathy when you end up in jail, hospital, or dead. believe that.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #28
Azylum
The Chosen One

and i dont mean "you" specifically, its a generalized term.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #29
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer View Post
after seeing like this, id be embarassed as to be called a stunter and to be associated with idiots like that.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #30
mammothmc

What's F'd up is that they about the guys that didn't stop to render aid & then turn around and about the ones who did stop to help their friend.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #31
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

i see what you sayin , and no i didnt say i was a stunter i sayd you have to be familiar with the scene meaning you see what goes down,you can see a true street rider from just some guy on the bike the moment you see them ride, who rides on the street still here in houston? probably no body , its hard to see how a bike with a big sproket can be speeding at over 100mph like it satates the bikers are doing . It sounds stupid kind of like saying a busa is going 2,000 mph on the freeway , on all the videos you see the bikes are geared meaning big sprokets out back (you have to be familiar with stunting like i sayd) . i just dont see how they are geting to the level that these fools are almost being compared to and any other road hazard on the street like drunk drivers and road rage and other . btw i have been in only one wreck and it wasnt even my fault a lady ran me off the road and i broke my foot .no i wasnt doing no wheelies or speeding
Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #32
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Quote:
after seeing like this, id be embarassed as to be called a stunter and to be associated with idiots like that.
no different from this , 2 high way shut downs right here the only diferense is the bike shut down didnt last nearly as long as these crazy people runing from the cops

Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #33
Azylum
The Chosen One

um. seriously. thats a HUGE difference.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #34
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

i bet if i would put this out in the news people would belive it ,

Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #35
Azylum
The Chosen One

lol. that movie looks retarded. its the stunters equivalent of TORQUE. that is laughable.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #36
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Quote:
lol. that movie looks retarded. its the stunters equivalent of TORQUE. that is laughable.
exactly a modern day mad max
Old 11-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #37
Azylum
The Chosen One

hahahahaha not hardly, not even close. a modern day bag of a movie is more like it.
mad max was awesome.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #38
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

to me the news article sounds like this'' two drag racers are killed on the street after driving theis exausted out honda civics off a bridge , these drag racers are belived to be drag racing on i 45, drag racers are bad people them and drag racing as well ''.

just because your hawlin in a car doesnt mean your a drag racer , now the nhra has a bad name lol. thats all i got to say i just hope for all of our sake texas doesnt become another florida .
Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #39
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

by us i mean every one that rides on 2 wheels
Old 11-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #40
Azylum
The Chosen One

dude youre not making any sense at all. last i checked, MotoGP, Superbike, AMA, etc didnt have any kind of bad name because of some stupid riders on the highway. same goes for drag racing as well. your analogy is weak at best. point is, stop whining when tool bags are made out to be tool bags.

Advertisement