MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #21
Alpinestars102

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'02 F4i

Member Garage

ya true, ill see what my friend can do when he can get over here and take a look at it.
Alpinestars102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
f4i problem need help LLanera Stunters Lounge 121 04-30-2009 03:06 PM
f4i starting problem.. HELP!! ON1WHEEL How To's and Q & A's 3 03-30-2009 05:36 PM
f4i starting problem.. HELP!! ON1WHEEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-20-2009 05:15 PM
f4i choke problem epofhouston How To's and Q & A's 6 03-12-2009 01:13 PM
Theres a huge problem with my throttle, HELP!! LuisG4 Performance and Modifications 5 01-22-2009 06:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

I'm in Danbury if you need a hand loading it up to get it to a shop.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #23
Vividkid

Mine did that when I installed the cam chain off by one tooth..Blue flames popping out the t-body. Re time it, you'll prolly be ok on the valves, one tooth shouldnt be enough out to bend a valve.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
Jofuzzy
rat fink king

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
virago xv700

it deffinetly sound like timing. maby the cam shaft positioning sensor?
Jofuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #25
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

sounds like you realy need to take it to a shop or have someone help you atleast....
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #26
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

sounds like if you had someone to work on your bike that knows what they are doing this would had been lest trouble..... really, its better to have a shop that knows what they are doing for $300+ or a really good mechanic to work on it then doing it your self..
i am getting ready to work on it my self but to tell you the true its better for me to have someone with experience to work on it then me trying to see how to do it and if i something up then its going to cost me more then what i would had paid to have it done....

sometimes it works better if you do half the job and then have them do the hard part witch is putting it back together...

no been rude or an here just giving a good advice to anyone that may do the same thing... LIKE ME!! LOL....

hope you get everything taking care of... good luck!

oh.. by the way... everyone that have reply about the timing jumping are most likely right! that can cause some really expensive repairs.

Last edited by floyd600; 11-04-2010 at 09:52 PM.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #27
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

do what patrick said, time it CORRECTLY and do a compression/leak-down test and see what has been done.

you could have bent 1 or 2 or 16 valves, or none at all. asking the question on a public forum will not get you that answer.

i have repaired several heads from people installing cct's with no knowledge of cc tension, timing, etc. chances are, you damaged a few valves. however, you could have gotten lucky.

BUY A REPAIR MANUAL, do the job right the first time.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement