MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
Otis

Feedback Rating: (0)

Xtreme Race Nov 20-21, 2010! Zars Ranch

Novembers race is at Zars Ranch near San Antonio. The flier is on the website here http://www.texasxtremeoffroadracing.com/f/Zars_2010.pdf

Also just a reminder that at this race we will be holding a fund raising Raffle for Cancer awareness and the Lance Livestrong Foundation. Again see the flier for additional details.

As always I will have pre race video up prior to the race.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xtreme Off Road Race @ Shiloh Ridge this weekend 5/21&22 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 05-24-2011 09:03 AM
Texas Xtreme 2010 Banquet Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 12-10-2010 12:58 PM
Next Xtreme Race Cowboy Badlands Aug 21-22, 2010 Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 24 08-21-2010 08:53 PM
Texas Xtreme Race #5 June 19-20 Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 06-12-2010 09:21 PM
Texas Xtreme Offroad Racing EVENT #2 3/20 & 3/21 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 12 03-22-2010 11:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
lostner

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Husky sm450
CRF 450 Sold
'79 xr80
'91 HD w/turbo
2011 KTM 350sx

I plan on being at this one.
lostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Otis

Although we are not finished marking yet (dont pay any attention to markings in the video) I do have a video ready to watch. It is not the course in its entirety but it is 20 minutes long. As of 8:23pm the video is uploaded and finalizing. It should be ready no later then 9:00pm tonight.

Zars Ranch Nov 20-21, 2010 Pre Race Video

Course is 11 miles and it is sweet. There are a lot of challenging areas that will pucker you up then put a smile on your face. There will be many easy hards. In the video all hards are taken and just remember that video does not due elevation changes justice. There are some good hill climbs, both little and large. This is going to be a fun one.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Otis

Zars Race Live on the Internet

OK! Here is how this is going to work. If all goes well, I will be broadcasting the race on both Saturday and Sunday, LIVE over the Internet. The video feed will only be live during the race.

It is a single camera only and will be stationary. Plans are to have it at the start or scoring area. If there are problems the LIVE FEED Icon will not be lit up.

If the stream stops, simply hit the refresh on your browser and it should start again.

There are no limits as to how many people can watch it at once. So if you have family members out of state or country tell them to check it out. Anyone, anywhere with an Internet connection will be able to see this video!

This is all Free from Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing! I hope you enjoy it!
Live Race Day Feed

If all goes well and the feedback is positive we will continue to use it and improve as we grow.

Feedback is important, so if you or someone you know actually does watch it, Please have them leave a coment here. Just remember that this is not an ESPN production, yet! So dont expect it.

IF THINGS DON'T GO AS PLANNED THE LIVE VIDEO LINK WILL NOT BE ACTIVE AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY VIDEO AVAILABLE.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Otis-

Looks like some pretty cool hill climbs/decends around the 4:00 & 9:00 minute marks....looking forward to racing a new property. Watch out for that cactus!

See ya there.

Last edited by dbuck; 11-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I hope to make this one. Trail riding at Outlaw Trax last month was seriously fun. Thanks Otis!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

I should be there.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I hope to make this one. Trail riding at Outlaw Trax last month was seriously fun. Thanks Otis!
Hope to see you there. If you make it, what class are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
I should be there.
Kick !

Less than a week away....hope to see some more MH regulars out and about.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #9
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

I'm absolutely positively there.

See everyone there.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I'm out....too much work this weekend, so just a bit of urban minibikin for me this weekend.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I'm out....too much work this weekend, so just a bit of urban minibikin for me this weekend.
the next race is 2 weeks after (1st weekend of december)...and it's gonna be in Bryan...No excuses
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
the next race is 2 weeks after (1st weekend of december)...and it's gonna be in Bryan...No excuses
thanks for the heads up. I have to let the wife know far in advance. The 5th is her Bday, so she might deny that one pretty easily.

I can't wait to get out of town and get to Zars.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
thanks for the heads up. I have to let the wife know far in advance. The 5th is her Bday, so she might deny that one pretty easily.

I can't wait to get out of town and get to Zars.
me neither, but my forks aren't done yet...got them pulled apart and hope to get them back this evening....looks like it might be a late night in the garage tonight.

as for the 5th, leave town early Sunday, race, and be back home by 1. Solved your problem.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

braaaaaaaaaaaap!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
OK! Here is how this is going to work. If all goes well, I will be broadcasting the race on both Saturday and Sunday, LIVE over the Internet. The video feed will only be live during the race.

It is a single camera only and will be stationary. Plans are to have it at the start or scoring area. If there are problems the LIVE FEED Icon will not be lit up.

If the stream stops, simply hit the refresh on your browser and it should start again.

There are no limits as to how many people can watch it at once. So if you have family members out of state or country tell them to check it out. Anyone, anywhere with an Internet connection will be able to see this video!

This is all Free from Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing! I hope you enjoy it!
Live Race Day Feed

If all goes well and the feedback is positive we will continue to use it and improve as we grow.

Feedback is important, so if you or someone you know actually does watch it, Please have them leave a coment here. Just remember that this is not an ESPN production, yet! So dont expect it.

IF THINGS DON'T GO AS PLANNED THE LIVE VIDEO LINK WILL NOT BE ACTIVE AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY VIDEO AVAILABLE.
Otis, just an fyi...I can hear the Saturday race is about to start, but the camera appears to be very blurry....just a feedback comment. I'm ready to race! See you guys out there.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

If you missed this race....you missed a good one. Not too dusty, lots of creek easy/hard sections, some hard sections that didn't have an easy option, some rocky creek beds, some muddy hill climbs and some nice meandoring (sp?) trails where you could find good rhythm. Trails weren't too tight in most places, but passing opportunities were somewhat scarce in certain sections.

I finished with a 3rd place finish in the D class and probably had my best "race interaction" all season.

Just some background info before my story...lol
I currently sit 2nd in overall standings going into the race with 1st place overall being 14 yrs old and the the 3rd place overall kid being 15 yrs old. These kids are fierce!!! I got a great start to the race and was runner up for the hole shot and maintained 2nd place for the entire 1st lap and maybe 3 miles of the second lap when all of a sudden the 3rd place overall overtakes me after I blow a turn. We must have switched 2nd and 3rd place position 4 times before the end of the race and our battle lasted about 6 miles long!!!! I was whooped!!!! All of this while being mixed up with traffic from the B & C classes.... Anyhow, he claimed his 2nd place finish to my 3rd and the overall points leader going into this race took 4th right behind me....Needless to say, with one more event this season, there is probably a 10 point span between the top 3....the next race can potentially end so many different ways....2 weeks in Bryan, TX....don't miss it!

here's a slide show on youtube. @ 0:35 seconds you can see me chasing Mr. holeshot....I never did pass him. lol

Last edited by dbuck; 11-22-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

AND THE RESULTS...

http://www.moto-tally.com/TXORR/Results.aspx

I'll post a thread for the last 2010 race as soon as a flyer is published....hope to see some of you MH folks at that one...close to home.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

lol, i didn't get dead last?!?

I made a cameo in that video too! 1:14 lol. looking better in the picture that I did in the results.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
4x4 AG

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
ZX6R - sold
200cc minibike -sold
1986 TRX125
1986 TRX250r

hey, next year they are running a quad class. i guess this question is for dbuck, since i think he has made the most races, but are the trails tight? or fairly open?

My reason is that i am building a quad to run next year and i am trying to figure what width set-up to run in the front.

Thanks.
4x4 AG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement