Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

foot pegs and chain

I dont know much about motorcycle maintenance but I got a GSXR 750 that needs a new left footpeg (the one by the shifter) its broken off right in front of where it bolts to the lever. I see a lot around that look like they would fit, are they universal? If not should I get suzuki ones or aftermarket or what? a little advice would be appreciated.
Second the bike has 2 up sprockets on it (when I got it) and the chain is clicking (doesn't look like its been oiled in forever either) and a shop told me that if I change the chain I should change sprockets too because the chain wears the sprockets and if you put a new chain on used sprockets it can eat up the chain. Id kinda like to go back to stock ratio anyway. so is all that true? and if I do go back to stock ratio should get the aftermarket 120 chain or go with stock?

thanks for the help guys
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cash in hand! For gsxr foot pegs. Gsxr2013 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-27-2013 04:47 PM
05 R1 passnger foot pegs assembly Bounce305 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-28-2012 12:34 PM
Dragging foot pegs Jonbones General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-07-2012 06:57 PM
Racing Foot Pegs bumblebee Taking it to the Track 8 01-13-2007 02:05 AM
Old 08-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Swift E
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Triumph 675

I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to schecterx
just get the stock size 530 rk chain with the vortex sproecekts.. 17 front.. and 54 rear? forgot the size for the stock rear... on the 750
Citystreetster: when i was small
Citystreetster: i wouldnt eat my brocli
Citystreetster: so my mom
Citystreetster: use to stuff pillows down my pants
Citystreetster: tell me im a giant
Citystreetster: and tell me the broccle were trees
Citystreetster: so id eat them
Citystreetster: ..
Houston Metal: ur f*ckin wierd
Ratmzapa: your a cute great looking guy with loads of muscles
schecterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Holy Smokes!
Feedback Rating: (4)

For a street rider I would say to go back with stock equipment for the parts you are looking for. Give Patrick a call @ Motorcycles-Unlimited. 281-444-0545

He can work wonders for parts. I have heard of deals for stock sprockets laying around the shop and getting thrown in with a chain purchase. But, I have just heard of these things.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote