MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Should he be fired?
Yes 83 77.57%
No 24 22.43%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #61
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Getting your hand slapped by the 5th Circuit Court and then being stupid enough to sue your boss multiple times tends to rather limit your ability to advance in the law enforcement community.
He sued him "multiple times?" Where did you see that information? You keep saying it like it's a bad thing, when in reality his boss was actually in the wrong. He sued him and he won, sure it may not put him in his good graces, but at least he stood up for what he believed in. Wait, isn't that what you are trying to do? Sounds very similar to me, except I bet he didn't take up a collection tray before doing so
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Officer who sued family fired. cashtown Off Topic 18 12-18-2007 05:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #62
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Busa? View Post
So he's taking out his anger and lack of progression through the system out on society, nice! And people wonder where the bad apples in the LEO system come from that bully civilians...

Why aren't fellow officers outing the guy and his practices? Sounds like he's one bad traffic stop away from the big house...
My worry is not even that. I worry for HIS sake that he's going to one day pull over some guy who outweighs him by about 100lbs and proceeds to stomp the snot out of him when he attempts to give a ticket...or worse...

I know i know - many of you say we should all just take the ticket and say thank you as we bend over, but the fact is, there are many people who are quite legitimately offended at having some pompous, self-important Eric Cartman wannabe waste our time and money. Real life dictates that one day, he's going to pull over the wrong person - and unleash a storm.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #63
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Courts determined he was within his legal boundaries for issuing the noise citations. Kinda hard to fire a guy for something you told him he can do, eh?
Yes they did. Even to the cops he's giving tickets. And it's funding their system. But need to show as a collective what he's done. He's harrassing people.. When he can flat out say he doesn't like bikers to a biker he has pulled over on the road, there's a conflict of interests. Wich means he is not longer a law enforcement. He's has put some people's personal info out in public websites and thusly endangering a person of the public so thusly a liability to the uniform and the institution. (of course my opinion).

I know of some bikers that orginize to bring a case on him, all that complain should be there (like when I posted about people riding his area so that he'd pull people over.. but he wussed out that day and didn't pull not one biker over and everyone I saw was running loud that day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06fairedfz1 View Post
Why give the guy a break just because he's been raping people for 32 years? A job is a job and if you aren't doing it right then you should be fired.... I dare any of you to show up to work flat drunk or stoned out of your ming and then argue that you've been there for "x" amount of years and shouldn't be fired
Well the example of showing up to work high and drunk probably not a good one, but I'd say if you ever became a liability to your business, see how quick they'd let you go.

Quote:
Getting someone fired from a government job near requires an act of the legislature.
Not as hard as people think, but everything has to be documented. Not because it's not easy to get let go of a government job, they just don't want to pay workers comp as that's not in the budget.

Quote:
I still don't understand what you are getting at? He took them to court specifically over the noise violations he was writing and they declared it was constitutional. Why must they now rewrite the law for him?

They are no long noise violation tickets as he's has wised up and was also told no more noise polution tickets. I forget the city code but it's been a range of things like defective exhaust sistem. Although he doesn't right that, he writest the city code violation. So yes, he's with in his rights, but he's playing the system and working around it to use his badge of authority. He targets all bikes, not just sport or h/d.. and now says he's going after the corvettes. Saw a posting of his where he pretty much professed has him doing it... He's not a saint, but a tyrant. If it were Waco and he said that, the FBI would be burning down some compound. lol

Instead of getting pissy about it here.. if you really want to get involved in it, I'd suggest stopping at the Dam Icehouse on 6 and ask for one of the owners and ask them to get you in touch with the other groups that are setting up against him and become active in it. If not.. take your ticket and go pay it. (which by the way he loves.. been quoted at saying he loves to see how your lawyers rape you just to get you off his ticket)..
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #64
Got-Busa?

Trackdays: 10+

He can continue his ways as far as I'm concerned. Karma seems to always come back and bite the people with that sort of mentality...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #65
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post
They are no long noise violation tickets as he's has wised up and was also told no more noise polution tickets. I forget the city code but it's been a range of things like defective exhaust sistem. Although he doesn't right that, he writest the city code violation. So yes, he's with in his rights, but he's playing the system and working around it to use his badge of authority. He targets all bikes, not just sport or h/d.. and now says he's going after the corvettes. Saw a posting of his where he pretty much professed has him doing it... He's not a saint, but a tyrant. If it were Waco and he said that, the FBI would be burning down some compound. lol
I'm either having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say or I think you have a lot of misinformation, possibly both.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #66
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Busa? View Post
He can continue his ways as far as I'm concerned. Karma seems to always come back and bite the people with that sort of mentality...
Karma, its revenge without the satisfaction.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #67
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Bottom line is he is not going anywhere as long as the majority of the citizens of his precinct (beat or whatever you call it) are happy with what he is doing. I have a feeling they support him. ....and I say if the citizens in that area support him then more power to him. No one is the area is going to give a about young (or old as the case may be) punks riding though their neighborhoods.

I ride and and I can't stand that loud going through my neighborhood when I am trying to relax. I ride out of the neighborhood in the early morning in in 3rd or 4th gear just to be as quiet as possible for my neighbors.

Good luck with your fight. I will be avoiding the area.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #68
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #69
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
Bottom line is he is not going anywhere as long as the majority of the citizens of his precinct (beat or whatever you call it) are happy with what he is doing. I have a feeling they support him. ....and I say if the citizens in that area support him then more power to him. No one is the area is going to give a about young (or old as the case may be) punks riding though their neighborhoods.

I ride and and I can't stand that loud going through my neighborhood when I am trying to relax. I ride out of the neighborhood in the early morning in in 3rd or 4th gear just to be as quiet as possible for my neighbors.

Good luck with your fight. I will be avoiding the area.
Thats the whole point - why should your movement be curtailed because you're engaging in a 100% LEGAL act?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #70
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
He sued him "multiple times?" Where did you see that information? You keep saying it like it's a bad thing, when in reality his boss was actually in the wrong. He sued him and he won, sure it may not put him in his good graces, but at least he stood up for what he believed in. Wait, isn't that what you are trying to do? Sounds very similar to me, except I bet he didn't take up a collection tray before doing so
No i didnt respond, because i felt others had done an adequate job.

Im sorry you dont see anything wrong with a single officer misusing his authority to apply a statute in a way it was never intended.

There is one difference between what he is doing and what I am doing - mainly that I am not spending taxpayer monies to harass the public.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #71
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Just cause the guy sued and won means nothing. They could have appealed but figured it wouldnt be worth the trouble. Just cause one judge found in his favor doesnt mean that a higher court would over turn it, which it just might have.

Some people think that just cause one judge rules that its all over and it is the right decision. The reason that you are allowed to appeal to higher courts is because they are less biased to local situations.

The judge doesnt want any grief over a police on police suit so he just rules in his favor and lets the higher courts deal with it if it goes that far. Happens all the time.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #72
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Thats the whole point - why should your movement be curtailed because you're engaging in a 100% LEGAL act?
Is disturbing the peace a legal act?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #73
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #74
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
Is disturbing the peace a legal act?
Depends, but riding a legal motorcycle on a public road in a safe manner certainly is legal.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #75
RiverBear

Bike(s):
Precor RBK 815

As a condition of ownership, all motorcycle owners should be required to stay in a locked 10x10 feet garage for 30 minutes with their bike revving up and down from idle to full throttle. Of course, their hearing is already shot, and the noise would not bother them. Maybe that is the problem.

Like cigarette smoke, in time the public will be protected from excessive motor cycle noise from the idiot few.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #76
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Last edited by Badzx14r; 11-13-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread

Advertisement