MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
I don't run around blaming anyone I just give best wishes to the family and RIP to the rider.

I have a serious problem with trash talking a dead rider when a news report indicates fault to the cager. It is so disrespectful to the surviving family who reads it

So if you can't say something nice. off their RIP thread
A 'RIP' thread has 'RIP' in the title... a post/thread about an accident, bike down etc is just that.
This is a M/C forum, in order to learn from others accidents they must be examined. The most 'recent' thread had some observations there was little if any 'trash talk'.

and lastly, ....and this one is real simple. It's not YOUR site, don't try giving others orders.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do cagers think they can do this? Squidward General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 04-24-2013 09:07 PM
who's at fault here RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-09-2012 07:29 PM
who's at fault here RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-17-2012 07:50 AM
Thank you cagers!!! CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-14-2012 10:14 AM
Whose @ fault? BlackWidow Taking it to the Track 25 09-03-2009 02:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

wow...I'm sure that Albertinhouston wasn't talking about EVERY instance where a bike was in an accident. He was only pointing out that we need to be more aware of our surroundings. He is right about that...I too have been riding my whole life...I've been a licensed mc driver longer than some of you have been alive. I put about 12k miles on my bike per year, some of them are pretty fast miles and some of them are with only one wheel on the freeway, but I am AWARE of what, who and certianly the conditions that surround me...I have avoided many bad situations where the "cager" WOULD have been at fault because of this. (I love reading these threads and seeing the word "cager" being thrown out by so many people who put 50 miles a month on their bikes)...Look people, pull your heads out of your , stop getting so offended that someone MAY be talking about you, and pay attention. Like Cali said, when the car hit him, he knew exactly what he did wrong! It's the thought process of people like us that have kept us alive for so many years....I realize that this thread is going to turn into something worthless like a political debate where everyone just argues that they are right...but before it does, try to learn a little something about driving on the streets...Do what you need to do to stay alive and never have to say the words it was the cagers fault.......
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #23
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Good point.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #24
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Good advice.... Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bitchfest... Some good information could come from his thread.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #25
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
99% of the time it is the CAGERS FAULT
i like to know where this statistic of yours came from. care to site a source? cause ill give you a statistic of my own: you are 100% wrong.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #26
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #27
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i like to know where this statistic of yours came from. care to site a source? cause ill give you a statistic of my own: you are 100% wrong.
Its an arbitrary statistics, as we all know most are. And if you took time to read the thread you would of course see that I didn't clarify my thoughts well and corrected myself.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #28
joeburt1

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
Luck and Avoid are 2 differant words TOO ..

Sometimes i avoided a crash by sheer skill of riding . and then sometimes i was 1 lucky fool .. And then theres no matter what you do you crashed. It like playing with fire sooner or later you get burned.

But momma told you not to do it

LOL... I hear ya my friend and you have a good point....BUT the actual difference is this....Luck is hooking up with a Playboy model....AVOID is wearing a condom so you don't have to pay child support....
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #29
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Its an arbitrary statistics, as we all know most are. And if you took time to read the thread you would of course see that I didn't clarify my thoughts well and corrected myself.
you mean this clarification and correction?

Quote:
Let me be more specific then... since people still don't understand. When the accident scene investigation team determines it was the cagers fault, 99% of the time it is the cagers fault.

and what is the actual percentage of the fault of the accident then?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #30
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #31
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Bike(s):
----------------------
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
you mean this clarification and correction?

and what is the actual percentage of the fault of the accident then?
Don't know, maybe you should dig that up if you're so interested. I'm more concerned with the family who read the insults in an RIP thread than I am with the factual stats involving motor vehicle accidents.

There's a difference between reading the facts of an accident, and discussing what we as riders can do to prevent that from occurring to us. Than just immediately assuming the rider did something inherently wrong and bad mouthing a fallen brother

I wish there was more of the prior and less of the latter.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #32
Jofuzzy
rat fink king

Bike(s):
virago xv700

just because an accident is a cagers fault doesn't mean you couldn't have avoided it
Jofuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #33
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Bike(s):
----------------------

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofuzzy View Post
just because an accident is a cagers fault doesn't mean you couldn't have avoided it
Pretty sure we all agreed on this numerous posts ago
Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #34
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Don't know, maybe you should dig that up if you're so interested. I'm more concerned with the family who read the insults in an RIP thread than I am with the factual stats involving motor vehicle accidents.

There's a difference between reading the facts of an accident, and discussing what we as riders can do to prevent that from occurring to us. Than just immediately assuming the rider did something inherently wrong and bad mouthing a fallen brother

I wish there was more of the prior and less of the latter.
It's just as wrong to immediately assume it's the 'cagers' fault.
We have had members here who have made statements like it doesn't matter how fast the rider was going it was still the 'cagers' fault for changing lanes or pulling out in front of them.
It's also quite often the 'reporters' get their info before or while the investigators are doing their job, the the new reports does not neccessarily have all the information/facts in regards to the accident.

Quote:
Don't you think if you're going to claim some sort of statistic that you should at least make an effort to research it? Sorry, but I'm more concerned with facts than trynig to make everyone feel happy and snugly.

Quote:
It's now more wrong to assume what mistakes a rider might have made than assuming the 'fault' of the cager without the facts to support/prove it. That's why they're called FACTS, if you don't have all of em then you don't know what really happened.

and 'brother', ghod... seriously the mere fact of 'ownership' of a bike does not make someone some kind of 'kin'. It's like saying everyone with 'red' hair are 'kin'
Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #35
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
I'm more concerned with the family who read the insults in an RIP thread than I am with the factual stats involving motor vehicle accidents.

Don't you find it difficult to ride with all that sand in your vag?

Now that is the perfect example of a insult. You may want to print that out and save if for future reference.
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #36
joeburt1

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
but a condom do bust and then you have an accident with a high maintenance women ..

pure

actually, yes....they do break....but the good news is, I only have 3 more years of child support payments
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #37
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Bike(s):
----------------------

Member Garage

Well ulric you clearly are avoiding or misunderstanding the intent of my posts so there's really no point in arguing any further.

And I'm truly sorry that you don't feel a kinship with fellow riders.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #38
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

and 'brother', ghod... seriously the mere fact of 'ownership' of a bike does not make someone some kind of 'kin'. It's like saying everyone with 'red' hair are 'kin'
Come on now... you have to admit, anyone who puts any kind of mileage on a scooter, no matter what form is a little different then the general population. I think that makes us all kinda special...

Short bus special maybe, but special none the less...

cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #39
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Does mean mutual interest in something which can create a friendship. I am hoping me and you are friends some day Ulric.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #40
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Bike(s):
----------------------

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
Don't you find it difficult to ride with all that sand in your vag?

Now that is the perfect example of a insult. You may want to print that out and save if for future reference.
Click image for larger version

Name:	icy-hot-stuntaz.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	39774

Advertisement