MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #41
+Travis+
Our past stops right now

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R

Thanks for posting bra.

I think only do about 80-90 around the carousel on hot street tires cause I'm slow, and the fast guys probably do n*x/r2, so uh, I have no idea.
+Travis+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10-30-11 MSRH video Bounce305 Taking it to the Track 15 11-08-2011 08:27 AM
MSRH Paddocks Pics 10/30 esi7esi7 Video's and Photo's 15 11-01-2011 09:16 AM
MSRH 10-30-11 Review and Concerns!! TeleRomeo Ridesmart Motorcycle School 18 10-31-2011 06:27 PM
MSRH 10-30 FKNA Taking it to the Track 64 10-21-2011 05:31 PM
Roll Call Ridesmart MSRH 10/30 PYROBUG51 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 147 11-05-2010 08:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #42
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaknwite View Post
Quit flaming the guy. He posted a vid and asked for feedback.
Got in too hot, never happened to anyone on this site before.

Lesson learned...get a trackbike.
Heck-yeah! Trackbikes never go down!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #43
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

MotoHouston CSI members to the rescue!!!

LOL... one guy post a day at the track and everyone is here trying to see who to blame or what caused him to crash....

hey dude! glad you're okay.... next time take the yamaha!...
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #44
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniak001 View Post
Hey hey i never claimed that it wasnt rider error guys, just that if i had a stickier patch (hot tires) i may not have gone down. But thanks a bunch for all the "pointers" and such. Id taken that turn at a higher speed earlier in the day and guess i thought itd be alright. Apparently since i havent had enough seat time it couldnt have been cold tires?just thought id share my day with a few fellow riders. Flame on guys.
I personally never said that it couldn't have been cold tires. What I said was that warmers wouldn't have helped. Saturday was fairly cool. Very cool in the morning. This means that the track was cold. What actually happens is that the track then cools down the tires unless you can keep up a pretty significant pace. Therefore, even with warmers, you still could have had cold tires.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #45
Jay-boy
say something!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR 1000 RR

Better luck next time bro! Glad u ok and the bike can be fixed. Learn from ur mistakes and improve ur skills. U was lookin good out there till then lol

R.F.F.R.
Jay-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #46
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
MotoHouston CSI members to the rescue!!!

LOL... one guy post a day at the track and everyone is here trying to see who to blame or what caused him to crash....

hey dude! glad you're okay.... next time take the yamaha!...
Well, I was looking at the video closely, replayed it in slow mo and was noting how far he had that thing leaned over right before the crash and it was over quite a bit.

I have quite a few track days under my belt, a few dozen, actually and have reviewed many a video of mine and others with many different outcomes.

I , personally, was not trying to be a . I was just noting that he seemd to have a lot of lean angle. I have taken that corner just as fast and my bike was nowhere leaned that far but I was hanging off the bike like a monkey. I have even had the rear slide out so many times that I dont even think about it any more.

Let me ask OP this, how far were you hanging off the bike? A lot of new comers to the track think they are hanging way off only to realize that they werent nearly hanging off half as much as they thought.

99% of there crashes are due to rider error. Too much corner speed, lean angle, incorrect body positioning. And noting that this is only his 2nd track day and it was a cool day, and an earlier session, with little track experienced and seeing the video closely leads me to believe it was rider error.

Trying to help this guy out so he can learn from this experience so he doesnt get hurt. I have seen way too many guys get hauled off to the hospital because they rode past their limit. Nest time, put your camera on the tail so you can review your body positioning better. Post it up on the reacing section and get some of the racer's opinions.

I have crashed almost the same OP did and I am here to tell you thst it was 100% rider error. I had about 20 track days of experience and I pretty much know every bump and patch at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and I STILL up and went down just like the OP. Got caught up in the moment, took probably the most unforgiving corner at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on the wrong line and tried to correct and went down the same way.

My fastest and favorite turns at the track are the ones I have crashed at because I learned from my crashes and used it to my advantage.

This happens a lot when fast street riders come to the track. No CSI here man, just trying to help this guy out.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #47
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Sorry for the flame throwing! Seriously, you'll be a fast track rider in no time, based on the video. Good luck with the track bike build.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #48
pyromaniak001
Thats not me.

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2002 R1 (sold)
2004 ZX636 (SOLD)
2000 XR70 :) (SOLD)
2008 CBR600RR
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Well, I was looking at the video closely, replayed it in slow mo and was noting how far he had that thing leaned over right before the crash and it was over quite a bit.

I have quite a few track days under my belt, a few dozen, actually and have reviewed many a video of mine and others with many different outcomes.

I , personally, was not trying to be a . I was just noting that he seemd to have a lot of lean angle. I have taken that corner just as fast and my bike was nowhere leaned that far but I was hanging off the bike like a monkey. I have even had the rear slide out so many times that I dont even think about it any more.

Let me ask OP this, how far were you hanging off the bike? A lot of new comers to the track think they are hanging way off only to realize that they werent nearly hanging off half as much as they thought.

99% of there crashes are due to rider error. Too much corner speed, lean angle, incorrect body positioning. And noting that this is only his 2nd track day and it was a cool day, and an earlier session, with little track experienced and seeing the video closely leads me to believe it was rider error.

Trying to help this guy out so he can learn from this experience so he doesnt get hurt. I have seen way too many guys get hauled off to the hospital because they rode past their limit. Nest time, put your camera on the tail so you can review your body positioning better. Post it up on the reacing section and get some of the racer's opinions.

I have crashed almost the same OP did and I am here to tell you thst it was 100% rider error. I had about 20 track days of experience and I pretty much know every bump and patch at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and I STILL up and went down just like the OP. Got caught up in the moment, took probably the most unforgiving corner at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on the wrong line and tried to correct and went down the same way.

My fastest and favorite turns at the track are the ones I have crashed at because I learned from my crashes and used it to my advantage.

This happens a lot when fast street riders come to the track. No CSI here man, just trying to help this guy out.
thanks for the stats man. and yes it was rider error. im learnin and next time itll be a lot more hang and less speed til im sure tires are hot and know the bike better
pyromaniak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #49
pyromaniak001
Thats not me.

Bike(s):
2002 R1 (sold)
2004 ZX636 (SOLD)
2008 CBR600RR
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Sorry for the flame throwing! Seriously, you'll be a fast track rider in no time, based on the video. Good luck with the track bike build.
'preciate the apology bro
Old 11-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #50
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

got a video of you out there..... lolololol

Old 11-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #51
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

riding error..... tires... weather.... a lot of could had something to do with it!

now.... get out there and ride!

by the way.. to change this topic... I HATE THIS WEATHER!! IT WAS NASTY THE RIDE INTO WORK THIS MORNING!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #52
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniak001 View Post
thanks for the stats man. and yes it was rider error. im learnin and next time itll be a lot more hang and less speed til im sure tires are hot and know the bike better
Just take it easy. I know it can be real hard to not try to go out so soon. Like I said, I have done the same exact thing you did. Got too hot into a corner and leaned her too much.

Tell you what, though, you showed that you have the to ride that thing til the end. You would be surprised how many times I have seen people hit the brakes and go off the track to a nasty crash.

Now you have the guts, we all see that and now you know that we all know. Most people on a SS bike will never push it past its limits, you did and a good thing about it is that now you have a feel for what too much is. Thats one of the best things that come from crashes, you get to know the bike's limits.

Now next time you get out there and are really pushing it, you will have a real good understanding of what the bike can and cant do.

Now pay attention at the Ridesmart classes, ask a ton of questions and bug the out of the instructors, they actually enjoy helping you. I bug the out of them. Ask them to follow me and tell me what I am doing wrong.

just enjoy the track, dont push it too much til you get more experienced. Its not very enjoyable, in my opinion, to crash.

Take your time and learn all the different elements of track riding one at a time. The more of your brain you allocate to try and figure out all the different things going on, the less you will have to act and react to the riding conditions.

OK, I am out of breath.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #53
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

glad you're ok.

nice camera
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #54
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

happens. Get back out there and don't do it again.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #55
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRC John View Post
Dunlops?.....lol
This...

@ John

Cold track is a ...especially at MSRH.

Last edited by RoadracerNC; 11-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.
RoadracerNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #56
pyromaniak001
Thats not me.

Bike(s):
2002 R1 (sold)
2004 ZX636 (SOLD)
2008 CBR600RR
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
got a video of you out there..... lolololol

YouTube - CBR1000 Low Side Crash
Omg he hit that guardrail HARD! Gear is awesome
Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #57
pyromaniak001
Thats not me.

Bike(s):
2002 R1 (sold)
2004 ZX636 (SOLD)
2008 CBR600RR
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
glad you're ok.

nice camera
Thanks. Gopro hero hd. Very good investment
Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #58
timboslice
public punchin bag

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
A quick one

i really like the dunlops, and i have really good luck with mediums
timboslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #59
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
This...

@ John

Cold track is a ...especially at MSRH.
Somebody else was saying how slick MSRH is in the cold, that's strange to me. When I started tracking the gsxr, I did 40+ days at MSRH in Nov, Dec, and Jan. Never had an issue. Now MSRC is slick in the mornings, but that's because of the traffic all night on that limestone road with the big trucks.

-Curt
Old 11-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #60
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRC John View Post
Dunlops?.....lol
you owe me a beer since i just spit out mine!

also, OP's vid = rider error.

what time of day was it? cold track & cold tires? what level? did you check pressires............etc. rider error.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement