MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

insurance opinion

story.
bought a car from my brother-in-law for my daughter on monday before last. he is in hawaii in the navy. sent him check he recieved that friday. next evening (sat) she is hit from behind by DUI driver. he is arrested. car maybe totaled.
talked to the other guys insurance adjuster. Allcar (hartford) insurance
I call the local ford dealer and make arraingments to to the car towed to the ford dealership maybe 5 blocks from car location. I call adjuster after my kid has been making no headway with him.
first he says that the ford is not on his "prefured" list, i don't give a rats .
then he is going on that I should have my brother-in-laws allstate insureance pay to fix the car and that his company would then re-imburse allstate.
What kinda is that?
has nothing to do with bro-in-laws insurance as they admit fault.
He is saying that the whole process is gonna take a long time if not going that way and that if the car is totaled it will take even longer.
I most likely will be dealing with HIS supervisor friday.
what are any opinions that any might have?
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your opinion? Cameron Super Motards 2 12-10-2014 06:46 PM
Your Opinion Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-05-2010 06:37 PM
Need your opinion. importchyno General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-16-2008 10:19 PM
I Want your opinion 2KBUSA General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 04-21-2006 07:38 AM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

You are better off going through your insurance. They will subrogate his insurance. You may loose the deductable for it until it is all finalized though but the claim will get handled quickly.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 AM   #3
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

I don't understand how this will be faster or easier to have MY insurance to total out the car and give me a check, minus the deductable then i get the rest? when THEIR insurance company decides to up the money?
The adjuster admitted that they are responsible for the damages.
Why is it easier for my insurance to get involved?
1. they send out a guy to look at the car.
2. He deturmines the amount of damage to the car.
3. he writes a check.

My kid made a trip to the emergency room and this ahole tells me that he will not authorize her a rental car because HIS customer was ****ed up on drugs and plows into the rear of her car.
I will definately be contacting the BBB and also the insurance regulators.
later
Michael
88 v-max
Old 08-04-2006, 03:29 AM   #4
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
as far as ford on being on their preferred list of dealers, tell him to blow that right out his because they CAN NOT tell you where you can and cannot get your car repaired.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #5
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Other than that, I'd say PM Pete, he's our inside man for insurance questions =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #6
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Other than that, I'd say PM Pete, he's our inside man for insurance questions =)

PETE'S THE MAN!!!!:notworthy :notworthy
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:46 AM   #7
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

two items you need to clarify for all of us and that is:
1) does your daughter have insurance specifically for the car that was hit and was it active before the accident???
2) did you transfer title from your brother-in-law prior to the accident???
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO
two items you need to clarify for all of us and that is:
1) does your daughter have insurance specifically for the car that was hit and was it active before the accident???
2) did you transfer title from your brother-in-law prior to the accident???
answer to # 1. What does it matter if she has insurance, she was not at fault and her insurance should not have to get involved. When u buy a car u have 30 days to add the new car insurance to your policy. you are still covered under your old vehicle policy.
Acording to MY insurance agent is does not matter who was driving the car as long as it was authorised. U have insurance on the car not the person driving it.
bro-in-law recieved the check friday in hawaii wreck happened sat night. so No, do not have the title in hand yet.
again not needed according to MY insurance agent as she was authorised to use the car.
same as u loaning your car to you neighbor or sister, still covered as long as the car use was authorised.
later
88 v-max
Old 08-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

pay the deductible and let the lawyers handle it
Old 08-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

It is faster to go through yours first because litigation takes a while. If you can wait it out then sure... don't screw with your insurance company but, most of us know that once our car is gone we are out and need to get in a new ride ASAP.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Exactly as moody says...
Mike, I know it is a bunch of BS but if you want to settle stuff fast, the best bet is to go with your own insurance. Then you don't have to go through the headaches of dicking with their insurance.
As for the rent car,
If they think it is totalled they typically will not issue a rental car. But they are entitled to pay for a rental until they issue you a check for the said car. You can get a rental and they will reinburse you for it although they will not tell you that.
Some insurance companies have clauses if the driver was intoxicated in that they don't have to pay out for the damages. Then you would have to go after person himself. Kind of a screwed up Texas law huh. So maybe, that is what his insurance is banking on.
So all in all, if you want it settled, go through your insurance. It will be way faster.

I have some very good friends in the Autobody business and I hear these stories all the time.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #12
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #13
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
same situation happened to me with my wife,a guy pulled out in front of her and she hit him(his fault) well there insurance admitted it was his fault and that they would pay...my insurance came and got the car and gave me a check for $7,000...they ended up suing the other company... they insurance guy told me that they sue to solve every problem,he said they sue themselves
I think you might be on to something, I need to sue myself for a large settlement, then use paying that settlement as some kind of write off and get a tax break cause I'm broke from paying the settlement.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #14
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement