MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 05:18 AM   #21
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,320

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustu2 View Post

HOWEVER, anyone who wants to take advantage of my discount has to ride with me first.
Get permission from your mom
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
“Never Has There Been A Safe Vaccine. Never Will There Be A Safe Vaccine” – Dr. Suzan Petro Off Topic 68 05-10-2014 08:13 PM
Dumb woman parking in a MC Parking zone only!!! Tyco_18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 220 09-08-2010 11:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #22
GSXRCoastie
Senior Member
 
GSXRCoastie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas City MotherFu**er
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 155

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 K-9









Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Screw it, dropping it is the least of your concerns. Why dont you do MSF while you wait till you get your bike?
take the course it'll help and if your joining the military I do believe you HAVE to have the MSF card to drive on any base and to get a GOV decal.
__________________
LADIES YOU GOTTA GIVE HEAD TO GET AHEAD!!!
GSXRCoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider
 
Smart Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Why dont you do MSF while you wait till you get your bike?
Already done. Waiting until my birthday to head down to the DPS and get the 'M' slapped onto my license.
__________________
Maybe, some day, one of my vehicles will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #24
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider
 
Smart Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Get permission from your mom
No discount for you!

For the record... My mother is horribly scared of me getting a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRCoastie View Post
take the course it'll help and if your joining the military I do believe you HAVE to have the MSF card to drive on any base and to get a GOV decal.
Sadly, the Marine Corps also has their own class that you have to take, IN ADDITION to the MSF. Even if you're already licensed. I believe.
__________________
Maybe, some day, one of my vehicles will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #25
triumphant675r
Senior Member
 
triumphant675r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pasadena
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,683

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustu2 View Post
:
For the record... My mother is horribly scared of me getting a bike.
You're going to have to get used to that. Not one person in my family is "ok" with me riding street. What I tell them is "I would rather die on my bike than go through life wishing I had a bike"

On another note I thought this might be a good thread to bring up a question. How many of you guys/girls park on the sidewalk? I do it here and there but I'm always paranoid about getting it towed. Typically I'll go in and find a manager of some sort and ask if it's ok, and I haven't been told no yet
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #26
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor
 
Challen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brookshire/Fulshear, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,516

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustu2 View Post
Already done. Waiting until my birthday to head down to the DPS and get the 'M' slapped onto my license.
Curious. Why are you waiting?
__________________
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #27
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider
 
Smart Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)







Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
You're going to have to get used to that. Not one person in my family is "ok" with me riding street. What I tell them is "I would rather die on my bike than go through life wishing I had a bike"
Yeah, I've gotten used to it. I just feel kind of bad, making her worry. I love my momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Curious. Why are you waiting?
Debbie at Awesome Cycles told me during my course that they had changed it recently so that even with the MSF course under your belt, you have to be 18 to be able to waive your skills test at the DPS. I also won't have my bike until my 18th birthday, and I don't really know anyone around here that rides, so I figure... I kind of just have to wait.
__________________
Maybe, some day, one of my vehicles will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #28
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,320

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustu2 View Post
No discount for you!

For the record... My mother is horribly scared of me getting a bike.

Listen to your mom. You've got a lot on your plate and the rest of your life to get a bike. If you didn't grow up riding motorcycles play it safe and wait until you're at least 25 to get your first bike. I ride almost everyday, but I'm also a father of grown children and I'm glad that they don't own motorcycles.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #29
triumphant675r
Senior Member
 
triumphant675r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pasadena
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,683

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple




Member Garage





My dad gives me the hardest time about riding, and i wear all my gear. My mom just told me recently they used to ride down fairmont over 100 with no gear, just shorts and flip flops, before i was born. I was like "and you give me ?!" sheesh

I would tell my dad he's a squid, but I don't think he'd get it. He'd probly think I was making a navy joke and smack me in the head lol
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #30
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider
 
Smart Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Listen to your mom. You've got a lot on your plate and the rest of your life to get a bike. If you didn't grow up riding motorcycles play it safe and wait until you're at least 25 to get your first bike. I ride almost everyday, but I'm also a father of grown children and I'm glad that they don't own motorcycles.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
My mom just told me recently they used to ride down fairmont over 100 with no gear, just shorts and flip flops, before i was born. I was like "and you give me ?!"
This. My parents used to ride together ALLLLL the time before I was born. I'm ridin'.
__________________
Maybe, some day, one of my vehicles will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy