MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 11:43 PM   #41
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Nah, it's far from perfect, but I think a good first step would be education, if more people had their ducks in a row, less people would feel discriminated against. This goes for any nationality.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best action scene......EVER!!!! Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 17 01-31-2011 01:57 PM
more action...... gbalias Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 0 06-19-2010 11:27 PM
some serious supermoto action mekrew Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 11-04-2009 08:59 AM
affirmitive action paniro187 The Circus 20 10-20-2008 09:30 PM
some sliding action.... houseofpaint General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-28-2008 02:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #42
law750
law750

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750

You really don't much about Condy Rice do you? She graduated from college at 16, Stanford Law at 18 with Honors. That doesn't happen to a "token" anything. Further, I agree that AA is reverse racism, and conceed that in saying so, there is racism to begin with. What's your point? You don't solve racism with more racism! Two wrongs dont make a right. Finally, I made several points that you didnt address. Rather than address the points I did make, you made up some stuff and said that I said we should just let it go and we will "find a way." However, I never said that. It's called the "Straw man defense" - when someone has no response to an opponent's actual argument, they make a straw man argument that has nothing to do with what the person said, and attack that. I made a point about stigmatization you never responded to. I made another that AA creates more racism by enraging already racist ppl. You didnt have any substantive response to those args, and I will take that to mean you yield to them. Good show --
law750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:02 AM   #43
paniro187

Let's say a person is forced to hire a minority and the minority/woman ends up being a great employee do you think at that point AA might have been a good thing??? It's kind of like integrating schools everything thought, "Awe man that's bullshit then suddenly black whites Hispanics became friends, teammates, classmates."

Also i firmly believe rather you want to or not that whites still have a great chance in getting jobs over blacks and Hispanics. Call it reverse racism all you want but you know as well as i do that if the system was unchecked there wouldn't be near as much diversity as there is now. main reason is because people hire who they relate with the most. Lots of people hold prejudices either consciously and subconsciously and blacks are just as guilty as whites that are in the position of power. I'm sick of minority business pushing to only hire blacks and get away with it. I do think on the other hand that places like Hollister A&E and places like that should be able to get away wit hiring only whites because of the simple fact it's just about only whites that shop there.

If AA would stigmatize you into thinking another person isn't competent to do the job then i agree with you on that. But then again that goes back to having your ducks in a row then. if the person of colour or woman is qualified to do the position then they should get it. At that point then a person of colour would be qualified to do the job. Remember at the beginning of all this i said the person receiving it should have everything it takes to be qualified to have the job.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:57 AM   #44
law750
law750

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750

you make much more sense there my friend, and I thin our point of disagreement is little and boil down to a communication issue -- Cheers
law750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #45
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by law750
you make much more sense there my friend, and I thin our point of disagreement is little and boil down to a communication issue -- Cheers
i'm at getting what i really want to say across on a message board. my bad.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement