MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

affirmitive action

I'm really divided on this issue as far as school and jobs go. thi is the way i figure.

If you're going to give someone that's a minority a job or a place in a university over someone white or more well off that person at least have that person matched against them 1 for 1. it's like people hollering racial profileing and saying they shouldn't have got pulled over, but their tags were expired or they had a car that was smoking to high or playing their music really loud. i figure minorities or inner city kids should have thier ducks in a row before they ask to be let in over someone.

People can say what they want to say but i know for a fact alot of good 'ole boy goes down in letting kids attend universities. mom and dad went there so the child that maybe didn't match all the way up gets in just because.

I'm saying if there are two children 4.0 gpa and etc. i think the one that is not as well off be them black or white should get in over the child that is more well off.

flame away.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best action scene......EVER!!!! Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 17 01-31-2011 01:57 PM
more action...... gbalias Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 0 06-19-2010 11:27 PM
some serious supermoto action mekrew Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 11-04-2009 08:59 AM
affirmitive action paniro187 The Circus 20 10-20-2008 09:30 PM
some sliding action.... houseofpaint General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-28-2008 02:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

i agree, but it's like voting... my vote doesn't really matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknrobert
i agree, but it's like voting... my vote doesn't really matter
at least you can. :eh:

Old 08-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
jamesscavies

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
74 FLH, 04 FLHR

So now that Houston is 60% latino can I get some hookups?
jamesscavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesscavies
So now that Houston is 60% latino can I get some hookups?
this is a real conversation. I'm hoping I came across the right way. I'm def not saying a person with lower grades should get in over a person wit hthe proper grades.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
i think affirmitive action bullsh!t. that came about from folks ( whatever their creed or nationality ) complaining that the government needs to help them because they cant help themselves. im sick of it. its gotten so horrible. not trying to sound racist, but its getting to the point where honest hard working white folks are having trouble getting jobs, because workplaces have to fill their minority quota. i dont care if your black, white, asian, indian, whatever.... the best PERSON for the job should get it.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
Steven

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R

Quote:
i think affirmitive action bullsh!t. that came about from folks ( whatever their creed or nationality ) complaining that the government needs to help them because they cant help themselves. im sick of it. its gotten so horrible. not trying to sound racist, but its getting to the point where honest hard working white folks are having trouble getting jobs, because workplaces have to fill their minority quota. i dont care if your black, white, asian, indian, whatever.... the best PERSON for the job should get it.
+1
That about sums it up for me.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
paniro187

Quote:
do you not agree that there's some good 'ole boy that goes on behind closed doors??? be it blacks hiring a person cause they are black or whites hiring because the person is white??? if you say it doesn't go on then you're fooling yourself.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #9
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

the unspoken truth

Quote:
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
paniro187

Quote:
i hear white people say that all the time but really when have you ever not got a job caus eyou're white. cmon spill it. I bet it has never happened to you.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
paniro187

i'm jsut saying i think it's good to have the U.S demo shown in the workplace.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
i hear white people say that all the time but really when have you ever not got a job caus eyou're white. cmon spill it. I bet it has never happened to you.
it hasnt happened to me yet, but it has happened to 1 of my buddies twice, once at the texas city fire dept. and at baytown.

both cases it was a woman, one white, one black, niether of them could pass the physical agility test, but still got the job due to minority quotas.

an i know its not just race, as stated, its also that can affect affirmitive action.

Quote:
do you not agree that there's some good 'ole boy that goes on behind closed doors??? be it blacks hiring a person cause they are black or whites hiring because the person is white??? if you say it doesn't go on then you're fooling yourself.
i know it does happen, im not denying that, but there's no law against that, thats going to happen anywhere and everywhere. whats bullshit is when there is a law stating it has to be done.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #13
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

i think it's total bullshit. why should skin color/religion/ have anything to do with who gets what in this country? I realize there are ignorant fu(ks everywhere that look at someone's skin color and judge them by it, but this AA has grown out of control. Since i am now the minority in the Houston area, do i get a break for being caucasion? hells no. the more qualified person should get the job regardless of skin color/religion/.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #14
paniro187

Quote:
it hasnt happened to me yet, but it has happened to 1 of my buddies twice, once at the texas city fire dept. and at baytown.

both cases it was a woman, one white, one black, niether of them could pass the physical agility test, but still got the job due to minority quotas.

an i know its not just race, as stated, its also that can affect affirmitive action.

i know it does happen, im not denying that, but there's no law against that, thats going to happen anywhere and everywhere. whats bullshit is when there is a law stating it has to be done.
what did i say if they are both on par then the person should get it. if you don't pass the test then you shouldn't get it over the other person. it's a cache 22 situation it sucks it shouldn't have to be a law BUT do you really think white or black business owners would hire other races if they didn't.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #15
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
i think it's total bullshit. why should skin color/religion/ have anything to do with who gets what in this country? I realize there are ignorant fu(ks everywhere that look at someone's skin color and judge them by it, but this AA has grown out of control. Since i am now the minority in the Houston area, do i get a break for being caucasion? hells no. the more qualified person should get the job regardless of skin color/religion/.
I feel the same way but do you honestly tha'ts not the case.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #16
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
I feel the same way but do you honestly tha'ts not the case.
charles, read a few sentence up from what you highlighted in my quote. I understand there are bigots/rednecks/racist bastards out there. that's why we have the laws we do. i just think the laws should be updated since the "minorities" are now the "majority".
Old 08-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #17
paniro187

Quote:
charles, read a few sentence up from what you highlighted in my quote. I understand there are bigots/rednecks/racist bastards out there. that's why we have the laws we do. i just think the laws should be updated since the "minorities" are now the "majority".
I menat to say i feel the same was but honestly tha'ts not the case.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #18
paniro187

Quote:
but are there as many minorities in position to hire people??? Dude it's a ****ed system I don't like this law but if someone has a better idea rather than " jsut let the people decide" then let me know.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #19
MadseasoN

I think it's BS. Race shouldn't be a deciding factor in anything - jobs, school admissions, etc.

We do have laws that keep someone from being denied a job based on race, , creed, etc. The government shouldn't create laws forcing a business to hire X people of X background. Spend more time enforcing law #1 and you won't need law #2.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 08-02-2006 at 08:32 PM.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #20
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
I think it's BS. Race shouldn't be a deciding factor in anything - jobs, school admissions, etc.
you're right it shouldn't but how sure are you that people really think like you. what if you went in for a sjob and the hiring person was black and picked someone black over you just because they wer eblack you'd be right???

Advertisement