MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Multiple bikes at a trackday

I'm thinking of dragging my streetbike and my trackturd out to a trackday this weekend. How much of a PITA is dealing with the organizers going to be in this scenario?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How is everyone storing their bikes/track bikes? f4ihoneybadger General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-02-2014 11:59 PM
Multiple reassignment on title. cychotic General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-10-2012 09:09 PM
Multiple Gear Review aetherdeus Gear Talk 2 06-01-2010 09:58 AM
2 bikes 1 trackday Jason_Canuck Ridesmart Motorcycle School 8 10-23-2009 10:06 PM
Multiple Wreck mototex General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 07-28-2008 04:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

as long as you are riding both in the same level (B street group), all you should need to do is have both bikes tech'd and notify registration staff. if you plan to ride each one in a different level, then you would have to pay for a spot in both levels. (this applies to LSTD) not sure about other orgs.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Gateman

Feedback Rating: (0)

There shouldn't be any pain. I have witnessed several bike owners who have a big bike and a mini and run both as one. The only policy I have seen policed is that YOU are the only person who are on the bikes ONLY.

As for Endurance Teams or Teammates. The same is for them. The Trackday Admin. are aware the teams split costs across the board. Therefore those are the only riders who should be on the back of the teams bike. They try to accommodate you as their customer as best they can. Just be truthful. TJ
Gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Its just going to be me riding them, I'm running them both in the same group. I'll probably ride on in the morning, and switch in the afternoon. I guess I'm just worried about moving the stickers and/or getting duplicate sets.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

U get duplicate sets for LSTD AND Ride Smart. it's really not a pain jus tell them when u sign in the morning. I've done this twice with no issues

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
U get duplicate sets for LSTD AND Ride Smart. it's really not a pain jus tell them when u sign in the morning. I've done this twice with no issues
Not with LSTD.

The best bet is to ask the td org, they all have contact information.

With us, you have to move the sticker from one bike to the other. There are ways to make this move easier than trying to keep the sticker intact while peeling it off your bike too so you can move it over.

Like James said, with LSTD you can ride multiple bikes, but it has to be in the same group with the same group sticker you were issued.

Advertisement