MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
I think she realized she wasn't getting much of a tip.

One of my favorite reasturants is red robin, but service is horrible dog . Especially at edwards cinima.

I waited 15mins before some girl came up and goes "no waiter, hmm, ok I guess ill serve you"

Gee. ****ing thanks.

Food comes and I finish my drink only to wait another 15-20 mins for a refill, while she is standing in the back by the drink machine, with 4 other waiters seeing who can get their thumb up farther in their .

I decide to take my cup over there says excuse me, push past all of them, and fill up my drink at the machine.
I turn around at them, they are all quiet and looking at me, and I smile and say "just testing out the self service. Seems to work good" and walk off.

Yea, she hasent showed up with the check yet, maybe I should leave some random amount and go?

I have reasturant expericance, how can someone treat a customer like this

-via sidekick2
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just realized skelator Off Topic 9 01-02-2012 08:55 PM
now i realized pester Off Topic 10 11-01-2009 07:56 PM
Since My surgery I have realized I, once again, am going crazy! vmaxgirl Off Topic 57 04-26-2008 06:45 PM
I just realized... nutmegchoi General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 01-05-2007 03:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

i would just leave
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
Motogp05
HFD Rollin in Heat

Bike(s):
SOLD

Send a message via MSN to Motogp05
Get one of their numbers!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

if service is this bad, is the manager's fault, manager is probably some dude fresh out of college with no experience, so the owners would pay him/her little money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
BusaFlo
Lost, But Still Ridding

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Busa
85 Honda Rebel

Welcome to Houston. I moved here three years ago, and have to say this is the worst that I have seen. And I have been in the Guard for almost twelve years now and been to 12 diff countries and equal to or more states. Just make sure you don't leave them your credit/debit card info. Most likely you will see the bill plus a 15% tip added to your card. OH before Houstonians get thier roids flared...this does not go for every place that I have been, but more than half,
Old 08-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
lol.. good story

Leave a random amount and walk off
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

we went out last night, service we thought sucked , the food wasn't that great for the high charging prices. I left a 15% tip. Today, i check my account online, and whatdoyaknow, BOOM, 20% tip taken. I'll wait till it clears, if its still at 20, i'm taking a little trip up there and talk to the manager, i left a 6.00 tip on a $46 ticket. The guy was as dull as a cheap plastic knife.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #8
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
we went out last night, service we thought sucked , the food wasn't that great for the high charging prices. I left a 15% tip. Today, i check my account online, and whatdoyaknow, BOOM, 20% tip taken. I'll wait till it clears, if its still at 20, i'm taking a little trip up there and talk to the manager, i left a 6.00 tip on a $46 ticket. The guy was as dull as a cheap plastic knife.
It will probably clear okay. I always check that online. Notice at bars they run your card for 50 bucks right off. It changes after it clears.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #9
Maverick
Made Man

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Team Green Ninja !
100cc Knock0ff Dirt

Send a message via AIM to Maverick
dine and dash !!!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

was there last week and sat at the bar which must of been the dirtiest ones I've ever sat at. Service was non-existent even though 3 bartenders were standing in front of and the only thing one of them asked me was if some kind of allergy medicine would make him tired(Yes they call me doc martin didn't you know)plus $18 for a chicken burger and 2 beers and no service???? WTF!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #11
otr6

Bike(s):
05 R6

Has anyone seen the movie "waiting"
otr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #12
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by otr6
awesome movie!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #13
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by otr6
lol ya... thats funny
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #14
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Welcome to the Thunderdome !!!!! :laughing6 :laughing6

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #15
Laserchevelle
Laserchevelle

Bike(s):
1994 Yamaha Virago 1100

Send a message via AIM to Laserchevelle
Thats some pretty service. I wait tables up here in College Station where I like to think the service is better because its moslty A&M students. That would never fly where I work. Some people just don't care about taking there job seriously.

Oh and just curious, for any of ya'll to answer, if ya'll are given great service, drinks always full, chips/salsa full, on top of things, what would ya'll normally tip(%)??
Laserchevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #16
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
We ate at "Mi Tierra" mexican resturant in the market square San Antonio on my vacation. Service sucked. We got seated and then 10 minutes later our drinks came out and then the waiter disappears. Then comes back and we order and I ask for everyones drink to be refilled. He does a Houdini and so I grab a manager and tell him we been waiting for food and drinks and that I am not going to sit there and wait for their waiters to decide to do some work. I am not paying for anything ( our food had arrived at this time) and I am really displeased by the service of the " #1 Resturant in San Antonio" ( so the sign said at the front. (Voted by newspaper.) We instantely had 2 waiters servicing us and they managed to save their tip.
Funny thing was , we went the next day to their sister - resturant down the street and had the best service ever! Gave the waiter a $20 dollar tip!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #17
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Ok i have managed a couple resturaunts before, waited tables bartended and cooked in the now i am a bar manager at a fine dining italian resturaunt. The food taking a long time is not always the waiters fault some places have horrible slow cooks. oh and by the way 6$ is not even 15 % on 46$ i would expect 10. and for the bartenders that was bad luck having them as bartenders. I have had bad service before but thats what i get for not establilshing regular waiters at places. i went to a place once where i walked in toward the end of the shift and i could hear the waiters complaining who was going to take the table in spanish i dont look hispanic but i can speak it. 15 min later he came by and i told him in spanish that he was arguing too long and we were leaving his mouth just dropped and i normally tip 40 %
SportRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
I never treated anyone like that. That sucks, but I like how you "tested the self service" that was funny!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #19
StuntinCBR

Bike(s):
99 CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportRider
Ok i have managed a couple resturaunts before, waited tables bartended and cooked in the now i am a bar manager at a fine dining italian resturaunt. The food taking a long time is not always the waiters fault some places have horrible slow cooks. oh and by the way 6$ is not even 15 % on 46$ i would expect 10. and for the bartenders that was bad luck having them as bartenders. I have had bad service before but thats what i get for not establilshing regular waiters at places. i went to a place once where i walked in toward the end of the shift and i could hear the waiters complaining who was going to take the table in spanish i dont look hispanic but i can speak it. 15 min later he came by and i told him in spanish that he was arguing too long and we were leaving his mouth just dropped and i normally tip 40 %
40%? , if you have a $80 bill, you're going to leave the waiter $35?

now Tracking is A Way of Life
StuntinCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #20
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
usually if I get good service, and they enjoy talking to me, then ill leave insanly stupid ammounts, like, $10 for $20 bill, and so forth.

being a waiter is a people person job. if your going to take the time to do it right, ill commend you for it. I shouldint have to because its your job, but I dont mind either way, they did work for it.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement