Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Randy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Honda RC51

Kawasaki questions

I have a zx-6r 2006 ninja
I was wondering what kind of battery would be good to get and if they sold them at autozone or any autostore or if I have to go to a motorcycle shop to purchase it. And then what kind of oil I should use?

Thank you very much.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N00b questions: What front forks do I have and TMGP tire questions E-Train Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 10-24-2013 08:04 AM
Just questions. . . Mala Lingua Off Topic 79 02-14-2012 03:09 PM
Kawasaki Mean Streak Questions DvlRacer Cruisers Lounge 18 06-21-2009 07:24 PM
Need Help... 2 Questions ryanp77 How To's and Q & A's 0 02-22-2009 03:43 PM
Got some questions!!! suicide_rider How To's and Q & A's 10 06-15-2008 03:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

lol I'm guessing your bike didn't come with a manual?
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
Randy

Bike(s):
Honda RC51

Nope.. haha I bought it used.. It's a nice bike and I want to keep it like that! It's not sounding as loud as it did a little while ago though.. So I'm not sure what I need to do with that.. I think it may have something to do with leaving the bike on for a few hours while not running and the battery loosing alot of juice.. I charged it and it sounded good but then after a while it went back so I'm just getting a new battery.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

I would just go to cyclegear, Motorcycles Unlimited, or 2 Wheel Toyz you can have them charge the battery for you before you pick it up or you can get a battery type by searching online for the part # and then calling places like autozone to see if they stock it but you will still have to charge it yourself.

I did a search and it looks pretty complicated to get to the battery on your model. here is a write up on how to do it complete with pictures. http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-fa...-06-zx-6r.html

as far as oil recommended weight is 10w40 what brand you use is up to you.
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Last edited by atexanone; 10-14-2010 at 10:09 AM.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

wait you want a new battery b/c the bike isn't that loud anymore or b/c it's dead after running it down w/the bike off?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Nope.. haha I bought it used.. It's a nice bike and I want to keep it like that! It's not sounding as loud as it did a little while ago though.. So I'm not sure what I need to do with that.. I think it may have something to do with leaving the bike on for a few hours while not running and the battery loosing alot of juice.. I charged it and it sounded good but then after a while it went back so I'm just getting a new battery.
Take your bike to Motorcycles Unlimited let them do an oil change and inspect your bike pester Patrick for the free maintenance class schedule this month. Attend said class and take good notes. How experienced are you as a rider?
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
Randy

Bike(s):
Honda RC51

Thanks for all the helpful information.. I've been riding about a year and my bike is my means of transportation. I ride it everyday.. and I've been on rides with motohouston.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Ya definitely attend the class it sounds like you're a little inexperienced from a mechanical standpoint and Motorcycles Unlimited will take care of you. These tuned sportbikes are high maintenance. As for the perceived sound loss I don't think there's any way it could be your battery if it starts up and runs.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement