MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
Davidhart

Feedback Rating: (0)

A New B

I was referred to this forum by a motorcycling friend. I am probably older than many of you, but I think I might enjoy motorcycling. I will be tackling the required course soon and will want to find out the best course instructors and where to buy a motorcycle. I haven't decided what type of bike I want yet. Any recommendations for an over 50 new B?
Davidhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Make sure you wear what some consider proper gear. I just learned how important it was to satisfy the requirements of some members. You never know when you may need help.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhart View Post
I was referred to this forum by a motorcycling friend. I am probably older than many of you, but I think I might enjoy motorcycling. I will be tackling the required course soon and will want to find out the best course instructors and where to buy a motorcycle. I haven't decided what type of bike I want yet. Any recommendations for an over 50 new B?
You like cruising or want something sporty? I have beat the topic up a lot lately but there are a lot of 50+ people that like sport bikes that ride the VFR across country. Ins. is cheap, maintenance is almost nothing, and they are comfortable yet fast and nimble. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Welcome to the forum.

I won't tell you where to take the course since I'm obviously going to be extremely biased.

Start looking at all types of bikes. Think about what you want to do with this bike. But, don't buy one until you take the course. You'll learn about different motorcycles and their uses during class, plus you can make a list of questions to ask your Instructors.

Happy Hunting!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Welcome!
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

whatup.........

Advertisement