MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #21
zx_kid
Live to Ride

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx_kid View Post
glad your ok man. like mentioned thankfully its you telling us, and not the newsbot.

and to some people... always stop.
as in i will stop everytime.

[just to clarify. i can see how it can be mis-read. i was 'face-palming' at the ones who wont stop everytime. no matter the details.]
zx_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got hit by a Suburban yesterday kgraber General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 12-18-2010 09:19 AM
Rider down. yesterday got hit on 45 south feder Jogo General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 04-10-2010 10:55 AM
Got hit yesterday ThatR6Guy General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 04-23-2009 11:49 AM
Large Asteroid almost hit the earth yesterday...... Solracer Off Topic 27 03-05-2009 09:18 AM
Yesterday I was intentionally hit by a car cashtown General Discussion (Moto Related) 70 10-07-2007 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #22
GsxrRcr369

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

I can see it now, "Dude, you are hurt bad, but you dont have a helmet and your chain is loose. I would call an ambulance but since your a squid with no gear and dont maintain your bike, im gonna just leave and let you learn your lesson." Thats about the biggest bunch of bullshit I think I have ever seen on here. To just pass on someone because they didnt have a lid. Glad your ok man and sorrY some people are just cuntwaffles who think you dont deserve help because your not geared up to their satisfaction.
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #23
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrRcr369 View Post
I can see it now, "Dude, you are hurt bad, but you dont have a helmet and your chain is loose. I would call an ambulance but since your a squid with no gear and dont maintain your bike, im gonna just leave and let you learn your lesson." Thats about the biggest bunch of bullshit I think I have ever seen on here. To just pass on someone because they didnt have a lid. Glad your ok man and sorrY some people are just cuntwaffles who think you dont deserve help because your not geared up to their satisfaction.
Doesn't it make you kinda sick to see like that? It's just another example of why it's a good reason to ride with "friends". Friends are people you choose to hang out with and usually share the same level of intelligence and reasoning. Then you can steer clear of the in this world.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #24
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
i was hualing off of willclayton and 59. like a dumbass i didnt tighten my chain. i went under 59 and started down shifting and nothing happened. i started to lean and brake i kept inching closer to the curb i sat up and took it. rear tire was locked up cause of the chain. bike went sideways and i came off. banged my head sled about 60ft on the grass. the scariest thing was sliding next to my bike waiting for it to slam into me. i stopped regained my composure. calmed the girl that stopped down she was freaking out more than me. her husband died on a motor cycle. i learned after getting b*tched at from my wife and two cops WEAR YOUR HELMET. i will never ride without it on my head again. another bike passed me and didnt stop niether did the 50 other cars. io always said ill stop for someone, no other rider stopped for me.
Glad you are ok man... I just recently went down too (had jacket and Helmet) I now also have a bigger appreciation for gear. I usually just wore helmet but now, even if i dont have a jacket i'll wear at least something long sleeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
I told myself a long time ago I wouldn't stop for dummie not wearing any gear. But sucks you went down.
To see someone in need and possibly being life or death, and you actually make a concious choice to ignore that person based on some made up principle that you want to stick to. Almost like, just trying to prove a point. Bravo sir... I liked to think you are just saying that based on some anger and dont really mean it, because if so, I would re-evaluate my humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
If you dont respect yourself enough to wear at minimum a helmet, then it was your own stupid choice to make. I wouldnt say it was a quick decision, but if I stopped and saw that the rider had a helmet on side of the bike and not on his head, well I would probably get back in my car and go about my way. Not my idea of a good day, to see brain matter all over the place, since someone didnt have enough since to wear the helmet on there head and not as a bike slider. I seen way more than I care to see, and why should I help someone who shows to me that they could care less about themselves ??? by not wearing at least a helmet ???
You would be singing a different tune if it happened to be a good friend of yours that made the stupid decision of not wearing a helmet. Lets say he just went to the gas station not even a mile from his house and just didnt think about it. A car or something happens, he is laying on the ground and if someone would stop and help him he woulda survived. No one stops, you come to a RIP forum on this site and see that your friends story is on the thread...Knowing the fact that peopl passed by and didnt help him you see that MudBug places a comment saying; "yeah, i saw this on my way home, the idiot squid was not wearing a helmet, so i just looked and drove on by. Maybe now he will learn his lesson"... just think about that, I bet your tune will be a lot different.

I know a lot of people here get very "holier than thou" about gear and riding, but we all ride bikes, we all do stupid things, we all have families, and most importantly we are all human(I hope)...

ok, I'll get off my soap box now

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #25
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

If your a hillbilly I am not stopping to help you.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #26
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I don't stop for people in scrubs. They are medical professionals and don't need help. Remember to do a pre-flight check at least once a week. Mechanical failure on a bike will end in tears.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

99 zx9

car, motorcycle, dumbass, smartass.... im stopping, i would want someone to do it for me, regardless...... now wear ur helmet dumbass! j/k... glad ur still here, glad u realize that the helmet is priceless.
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #28
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I wont help forest riders. I feel they were asking for it. That goes for track day riders as well. They knew the risks. Matter of fact anyone riding outside their limits who goes down get no help from me.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #29
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I wont help forest riders. I feel they were asking for it. That goes for track day riders as well. They knew the risks. Matter of fact anyone riding outside their limits who goes down get no help from me.
Caligone will save the forest riders anyways I keep going.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
No . There is no telling how many he has had to help. I wonder if he judges their worth based on gear. I highly doubt it.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #31
andrew
i'm special

Bike(s):
94 seca II 600
ninja 250
interceptor 700

Member Garage

stuff happens i love my helmet and i am very very lucky it was grass i was sliding on
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #32
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

I only helps hot chicks with huge who fall off their bikes.

It's a pretty narrow target group
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
dada
bie new

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Powermax 150
2000 zx6r (sold)
2000 zx6r (sold)

Not wearing a helmet thread....
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=156526

-
dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #34
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
fk you too then
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #35
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
I don't stop for people in scrubs. They are medical professionals and don't need help. Remember to do a pre-flight check at least once a week. Mechanical failure on a bike will end in tears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Quote:
all this is FUNNY
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #36
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #37
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
fk you too then
Your like the cowboy of hillbillies, respectable, no lazy eye, and can hold a conversation without whistling or spitting.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #38
andrew
i'm special

Bike(s):
94 seca II 600
ninja 250
interceptor 700

Member Garage

Quote:
i was hualing off of willclayton and 59. like a dumbass i didnt tighten my chain. i went under 59 and started down shifting and nothing happened. i started to lean and brake i kept inching closer to the curb i sat up and took it. rear tire was locked up cause of the chain. bike went sideways and i came off. banged my head sled about 60ft on the grass. the scariest thing was sliding next to my bike waiting for it to slam into me. i stopped regained my composure. calmed the girl that stopped down she was freaking out more than me. her husband died on a motor cycle. i learned after getting b*tched at from my wife and two cops WEAR YOUR HELMET. i will never ride without it on my head again. another bike passed me and didnt stop niether did the 50 other cars. io always said ill stop for someone, no other rider stopped for me.
to clear things up i was wearing my helmet i got b*tched at sunday for not wearing my helmet
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #39
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
to clear things up i was wearing my helmet i got b*tched at sunday for not wearing my helmet
don't worry about it man, helmet on or not, good thing you are fine...

The moto gods in here are just infalible and have never done anything stupid or careless in their lives, thats why they bring down their wrath on everyone.

I'm sure you have learned your lesson in gear and pre-ride inspection.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #40
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I'm glad you're okay. I would have stopped had I seen it happen. Then I would have made sure you didn't need a ride somewhere, and I would have offered to take your bike somewhere so you didn't have to pay for the tow. Some people will help. I'm sorry they weren't there for you.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement