MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

All is right with the world: MOTOGP Spoiler

Rossi returns to his rightful position

As discussed with my mate, the Spies head shake says it all. J Lo is a

Moaner ended up where I personally like to see him

Spies will make all but one his next season

WLF muthafukkas............
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World Cup: USA (SPOILER ALERT) RoadracerNC Sports 7 06-18-2010 02:05 PM
SPOILER MotoGP Qatar SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 19 04-18-2010 06:43 AM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Sepang MotoGP test times - Saturday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 33 02-10-2009 09:14 PM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Sepang MotoGP test times - Friday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 10 02-06-2009 11:53 AM
****SPOILER**** MotoGP QP ****SPOILER**** bdubb Taking it to the Track 17 07-20-2008 06:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
Rossi returns to his rightful position

As discussed with my mate, the Spies head shake says it all. J Lo is a

Moaner ended up where I personally like to see him

Spies will make all but one his next season

WLF muthafukkas............
I really, really, really enjoyed the race yesterday!

Gone are the days where [some] racers were more looking forward to the congratulations from their fellow competitors in lieu of an extravegant celebration post-race. We can actually thank Rossi for that.

I think that was the reason behind the Spies "dis", 'Rentho was too wrapped up in making his stupid quip (was it a play towards Rossi's heritage? The overtly Italian Mario and Luigi who were beaten and "game over"???) to pay attention to the fellow racers trying to congratulate him.

Seeing Stoner eat dirt didn't hurt my feelings either and really helped Elbowz have a top 5 IMHO. Had he not run out of talent and done the ground-sky thing Spies probably would have ended in 5th, not 4th. 6th if Pedrosa would have been healthy. Spies start and then "left side of the rear tire" issues would have shuffled him back more if those two were fit/ didn't crash. Spies said he had a hard time keeping the left side of his rear tire hot enough and had to tip-toe through the first 3 laps.

This whole thing with Dovi and Pedrosa has me perplexed too... how the fark did Dovi all of the sudden start running top 3 consistently after Pedrosa goes off injured? Same 'ol same Honda team favorites? Now Dovi gets the good stuff since the favored Spaniard is off, a'la Hayden?

Unfortunately I can see Speeeez become Rossi's nemesis next season. Enjoy that good relationship with the GOAT now, 'cause once you start to make a serious challenge to him up front, that all goes away. After surviving Mladin, I think Spies will be juuuuust fine.

Brilliant race, I can't wait to see what Phillip Island brings!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
blaknwite

Bike(s):
KTM SuperDuke
SV650 Track
Shuttleworth 500
Ninja 250
Aprilia SR50 DiTech

WLF

Still not sure about Moaner though. Either Rossi got so far into his head he had to take "sick leave" and still cant get past it OR that bike is so bad its last or crash. We will see next year.
CMON ON!
blaknwite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I really, really, really enjoyed the race yesterday!

Gone are the days where [some] racers were more looking forward to the congratulations from their fellow competitors in lieu of an extravegant celebration post-race. We can actually thank Rossi for that.

I think that was the reason behind the Spies "dis", 'Rentho was too wrapped up in making his stupid quip (was it a play towards Rossi's heritage? The overtly Italian Mario and Luigi who were beaten and "game over"???) to pay attention to the fellow racers trying to congratulate him.

Seeing Stoner eat dirt didn't hurt my feelings either and really helped Elbowz have a top 5 IMHO. Had he not run out of talent and done the ground-sky thing Spies probably would have ended in 5th, not 4th. 6th if Pedrosa would have been healthy. Spies start and then "left side of the rear tire" issues would have shuffled him back more if those two were fit/ didn't crash. Spies said he had a hard time keeping the left side of his rear tire hot enough and had to tip-toe through the first 3 laps.

This whole thing with Dovi and Pedrosa has me perplexed too... how the fark did Dovi all of the sudden start running top 3 consistently after Pedrosa goes off injured? Same 'ol same Honda team favorites? Now Dovi gets the good stuff since the favored Spaniard is off, a'la Hayden?

Unfortunately I can see Speeeez become Rossi's nemesis next season. Enjoy that good relationship with the GOAT now, 'cause once you start to make a serious challenge to him up front, that all goes away. After surviving Mladin, I think Spies will be juuuuust fine.

Brilliant race, I can't wait to see what Phillip Island brings!

Mladin is a pup compared to Rossi imo,
Mladin may square up to you and give you a nose but nobody your head like Rossi!!
There's a few former World Champions that will testify to that.

Not saying Spies can't handle it but Rossi will be an altogether different test.

Maybe Dovi is finally getting to grips with the Ohlins
Does seem strange though.

I can't wait to see Rossi test the Duc and Stoner the Honda
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

To me it seems Speez can handle Rossi's head games, he reminds me a lot of Wayne Rainey and King Kenny.

I'm sure Speez is aware of what people expect him to do....fold like Biaggi and Gibbernaut and I'm sure he's got his own personal shrink to help him next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Don't forget that Robot started to sow form once it was announced that Dingo signed with Honda, it will be interesting next year in the Honda garage(s). Pig doesn't like Livo, he in fact wants him out, if livo brings more sponsors they will go to dingo and Pig could be out if robot doesn't deliver next year. i personally want to see Dovi and Danny in HRC and Dingo in Red Bull but it is looking very slim unless webber and vettel bring loads of money, all three with factory support, that can bring Elias to Gressini.

Bring RdP to sizuki with bautista, Loris with Max. N, keep aoyama and welcome Aragon boy.

If dovi goes to gressini then elias is goin to pramac with loris.

Time will tell. GO DINGO!!!!!! Show them who is the king of PI!!!!!!!!!..................................... or bin it lol

I vote for banning Warm ups and first laps, they should keep tire warmers all the time till the green flag drops lol.

Is shapping to be good
Rossi to show that the Duc is not a pile of caca and that he can win in it
Dingo to show he can win in something other than a duc
Pedrosa better delivers or he is going out
Spies to show if he can be an allien, no more machine excuses to those unbelivers
Lorenzo to show his setup and development skills
Cal to show if what comes out of his cocky mounth becomes reality
Edwards to cruise around another year and see if Cal listens
Loris to keep the GP status
Simoncelli to shave his head and stop trying to compensate with leg
Bautista is showing some sort of speed
RDP better stop crashing, every year he starts doing good he crashes
Abraham to show what money can buy

ohh and Carlos checa may replace kalio the last two races AND don't forget to see Sofoglue to create a massive pile up in moto2 and start waving hands lol

GO DINGO!!!!! i am so glad i didn't stay up this past time.

P.S I bet the first thing that Spies is going to change from Flossi's bike is that special PUSH UP seat that Flossi loves so much LOL
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
When are they re-airing the race on Speed?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
When are they re-airing the race on Speed?
* Oct 12, 2010 1:00PM CT,* MotoGP World Championship, Malaysian Grand Prix
* Oct 13, 2010 3:00AM CT, MotoGP World Championship, Malaysian Grand Prix

* Oct 17, 2010 12:00AM CT, MotoGP World Championship, Australian Grand Prix
* Oct 17, 2010 1:00PM CT, MotoGP World Championship, Australian Grand Prix

Does this help? I can't guarantee the accuracy, but I pulled it from:
http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filt...3/timezone/ct/
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Who will ever know what would have happened had rossi not had that wreck. Next year with Spies and his demanded budget on a factory bike with experience at all the tracks that he will be a SERIOUS force to be wreckoned with. Lorenzo will still be fast. Moaner is going to suck hind cause he cant handle a 1000 much less an electronic system that he personally didnt develop. Danny will fade into a distant memory because of his consistently inconsistent behavior and his affinity for injory, Dovi will make the podium a couple of times but the real story will be if rossi who took the yamaha from the bottom of the barrel and made them champions if mabe he can handle the duc. I really really really think the 2011 champ will be mr speez. I really dont think that most people understand how different a factory bike and a satellite bike is and look what Ben did with the suckiest of the satellite bikes. Simply out standing work for Ben when he gets on the factory bike it will be lights out.

Last edited by Predator04; 10-28-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Predator04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement