MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
Tank slapper exiting 225 east to the beltway doing 120 at 3 in the morning on my old zx 7. I should have known better, theres a nasty lil hump right when you exit the highway.
i'll assume you stayed on the bike? ive seen videos of this and it hilarious from a 3rd person POV. can't imagine it;s too funny on the bike....

I pucker every time someone rolls their SUV up to a stop sign/ entry to the main road too fast. im hate that
Is this a re-post? "Fastest" MotoGP full length documentary sequel to "Faster". eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-27-2011 10:23 AM
First "pucker" moment not caused by other drivers cogs69 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-08-2010 10:17 AM
just replace "youtube comment" with "MH post" Chubby Racer Off Topic 1 04-10-2009 11:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #22
zx_kid
Live to Ride

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 zx6r

idk bout u guys.. but i would pucker my up on this..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=24d_1283992146&p=1
zx_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

That happens pretty much every lap... I am sure they are having fun
Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #24
zx_kid
Live to Ride

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 zx6r

right haha. i just know the first time id be like..ahhh lol
zx_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #25
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Just recently at MSRH coming into Diamonds Edge I was too greedy on the brakes and while leaned over draggin knee I momentarily lost the front. Scariest moment I have had on the bike. I lose the rear and feel it move all the time, but nothing compares to losing traction on your front tire cranked over...

Second one was at TWS (Texas World Speedway). Video will sshow what happened...

Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

^ nice job of straightening out knowing u came in too hot. i love the 8 mph u were going back to the track. gotta let ur hear rate calm down again i figure!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #27
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Mine happened 27 years ago. Was coming from Dallas to Beaumont taking the back highways. Yamaha 500, cruising at 55mph, drizzling rain. I come around a curve only to find a truck towing a long flatbed trailer stopped in the road wanting to turn left. With the roads being wet there was no way I could stop in time. I couldn't swerve to the left because of on coming traffic. To the right consisted of a gravel shoulder, with the gravel the size of golf . Figured if I hit the gravel at that speed I would go down. The only option I saw at the time was to try to squeeze by on the right on what little asphalt was left. It was looking good as I squeezed myself between the trailer and the gravel shoulder. And that's when the "oh " moment happened. I noticed the towing mirrors sticking way out from the truck. I lean my body down and to the right, then closed my eyes. I just knew I was going to get smacked by that mirror and eat it. When I opened my eyes, I had made it past the truck. First chance I got (a car wash) I pulled over and just sat there for half an hour or so.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #28
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorNinja500 View Post
i'll assume you stayed on the bike? ive seen videos of this and it hilarious from a 3rd person POV. can't imagine it;s too funny on the bike....

I pucker every time someone rolls their SUV up to a stop sign/ entry to the main road too fast. im hate that
I rode it out, it wasn't too horribly bad, eased off the throttle, and relaxed my grip on the bars.

Alot of people get in trouble by clinching down ont he bars and jamming the breaks.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #29
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

The two worst pucker moments happened on Bay Area Blvd on my 67 Triumph Bonneville.
1. runs the light coming out of UH, I'm going 50 and have drum brakes on a 40 year old bike I swerve around the rear of his car and stand up getting ready to jump off because I though I was going straight into a curb. To my suprise there was a cut in the curb where the sidewalk starts and I just drive up onto the sidewalk at 50 mph ride it for a block and exit back onto the street. I felt like a rockstar.
2. 5 car lengths behind some lady, she is basically passing underneath a light when it turns yellow, she locks up her brakes and slides through the intersection, it actually turned red after she stopped. Dumbass. I lock up my brakes and the bike starts going from side to side, tries to highside, I catch the tank with my ankles, it straightens out and stops with me hanging off the front of the bike grabbing the front fender to keep from falling over the handlebars. On lookers actually stop in front of her and start screaming at her. She was on the old cell phone and thought she was about to run the light.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

at MSRH coming down the pit straight, hit turn 17 and in turn 16 I felt the rear tire slip and it bucked me up off my seat and tried to high side me!! I held on and stayed aboard!
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #31
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
i almost crashed one time. it was a pucker moment.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #32
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
i almost crashed one time. it was a pucker moment.
dude you got ' lucky!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #33
walturd

Bike(s):
Yamaha V-Star 1300T
2009 Virago 250 w/cupholder

My last pucker moment was on the Beltway 8 overpass over I-45 North. Smoothly coming around the curve at about 65, there in front of me, is an overturned box of PVC fittings with little white fittings scattered across both lanes of the road. It was an interesting few seconds that felt like an eternity. I tell everyone that I have wooden beads on my seat for two reasons---1) It helps with the sweating and 2) When something like that happens, you can't see the pucker mark in the middle of the seat----takes a lot of rubbing to get out the pucker marks in motorcycle seats. Had one only a month earlier involving cinder blocks falling off the back of a pickup truck, but that's another horror story.
walturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #34
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

1. 3090 entering a turn at around 90. Dropping gears, looking for second. Keep in mind, I dont use a clutch. I find first instead. Back wheel locks up. I stand it up and grab all kinds of brake. Too deep in the corner, I couldnt scrub off enough speed. I feel like Ty Davis as I ride a 954 off road at 60 mph. I cruise down through the ditch, and cruise back out at 25 or so.

2. 3090 AGAIN (surprise!). I enter a corner at a (hypothetical) 130 mph. I roll on at apex, and lose traction. end steps out. Thought I was a goner. Luckily, the 954 was very progressive with the end. It stepped back in line with no problems. Think I had to throw those underwear out.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #35
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

most recent
merging on to 45, traffic is erratic and scary.
downshift to make a pass and head for a clearing in traffic.
dropped one gear to many, front end came up and hit the rev limiter.
so when the front came back down had a serious tank slapper (i guess around 70mph)
this was my first legit tank slapper, the bars hit my hand hard enough to cut me through my gloves.
i just remember hearing the front tire chirping on the pavement.
respect for bike instantly increased.
didnt go down, took my hands off , it leveled off and i cruised onward.
im pretty sure the landrover behind me was thankful i kept it up also.
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #36
jb8223

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 cbr 600rr SOLD
01 kawasaki zx6 sold
00 yamaha vstar 650 SOLD

Member Garage

when i first started riding i learned real quick that trying to stop in the middle of the lane where the oil is wasnt such a great idea, i slid into the oncoming traffic lanes and thank no one was coming. another one is my buddies story, he was going over from 59 to 610 and took the corner to fast, started going wide and ended up riding up on the wall of the over pass, bet he just about himself
jb8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
triumphant675r

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

yesterday i was on 610 heading for stafford, running late for work. traffic wasn't horrible but a little tight. I was going about 90 at the time to move ahead of a pack of cars. there was an F-150 in my lane up ahead and semi trucks in the lanes to the left and right of me. There's a ladder in the back of the pick-up hanging out about 5 ft. I went to ride the line between the pick-up and the semi, and just as im coming up on the pick-up he drifts right a little. now that ladder is accross the line i'm riding . I put my head down beside the tank as there was no time to move, i was commited at that point, and somehow managed not to nail it head-on, err.."head-off" i gues lol.

moral being...leave for work early and you won't be in a hurry
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #38
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
just as im coming up on the pick-up he drifts right a little.
Bet you a dollar he swerved on purpose
Old 10-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #39
triumphant675r

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Bet you a dollar he swerved on purpose
I hope not. you could be right...before i rode on the street i hated guys that split lanes, but i never tried to mess with em. If i had caught that ladder to the face, it would have been completely my fault
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #40
lightlord
Street ninjas four father

Bike(s):
two fiddie (sold)
79' cb650 (4-sale)
2005 636 titanium

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to lightlord Send a message via Yahoo to lightlord
i have had a few but i think the main 2 that come to mind

1. driving down i-10 to katy to get my jacket.. large chunk of concrete ( about the sixe of my head) falls off a truck and starts bounceing im looking at this bick fukking rock going omfg its coming for my head.... i watch it bounce one last time and it is at the same height as my head. i duck down drop to the left of my tank and punch it.. the concrete whizzes by me without a scratch to me or the bike..

2. driving down 96 from 45s i am putting along at 45 about to go through the first light boom a white truck running from the cops blows the light along with a cop.. i lock up my bike and it is doing this way cool dirt bike side to side .. i stop barley from hitting the cop. i promptly pulled into the ball park to see if that smell was me or not.. no brown stain but it may have blow out hard enough to hit the guy behind me..
Soldier 8 years
Firefighter 10 years
Streetninja for life
lightlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement