MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #21
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

1st one was 80 and then 2nd was 70. i could of sworn 65 was the speed limit on 45. yeah it is my fault still. cops were really trying to be dicks. i just got pulled over 3 min ago. i showed them the ticket literally 5 min ago. also they blinded me to pull over as well. they pulled me over from the side of me, not behind. i was showing all respect and he kept telling me to not get close to him when im standing next to my bike. he's the one who walked up to me.

Last edited by AYEELE; 10-07-2010 at 11:53 PM.
AYEELE is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Media myth busted Bevo Off Topic 19 03-13-2014 11:34 AM
Is this myth busted? miguel!! Off Topic 3 12-07-2011 05:10 PM
Did you know... Protien is a MYTH? Petro Health and Fitness 23 01-19-2011 12:07 AM
ZX14--- BULLETPROOF MYTH SHATTERED Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 09-21-2009 10:12 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #22
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

My tickets were dismissed today! By Frensel, who happens to be one of the forum sponsors. I would deff. recommend checking him out.

I had a total of 3 but only 2 went to court. I had to wait and by 10am I was on my way out of the courthouse free and clear.
MykolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #23
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ600RR View Post
1st one was 80 and then 2nd was 70. i could of sworn 65 was the speed limit on 45.
It's only 60. All over Houston it's 60. You have to be outside the belt for the speed limit to change to 65 and that's only on some highways - I don't think 45 is included. Sucks.

I would hire an atty - it's better than taking your chances on your own.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #24
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
My tickets were dismissed today! By Frensel, who happens to be one of the forum sponsors. I would deff. recommend checking him out.

I had a total of 3 but only 2 went to court. I had to wait and by 10am I was on my way out of the courthouse free and clear.
how much did he charge you?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #25
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
It's only 60. All over Houston it's 60. You have to be outside the belt for the speed limit to change to 65 and that's only on some highways - I don't think 45 is included. Sucks.

I would hire an atty - it's better than taking your chances on your own.
yeah i just might have too. but if anything, i would like to just do my time. money is hard to come by to pay these fines. id rather do the time if thats an option
Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #26
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
how much did he charge you?
Check your PMs.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #27
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
yeah i just might have too. but if anything, i would like to just do my time. money is hard to come by to pay these fines. id rather do the time if thats an option
I don't think they'll let you sit it out, if that's what you mean. You can choose to let it go to a warrant, and then wait to get arrested and THEN sit it out. Haha.

Your deferred from two weeks ago is now null and void unless you can get these two new tickets dismissed. You'll be lucky to be able to afford insurance once these hit your record. Yikes.

You're pretty young, too? Your myspace page says 18. Take it from somebody twice your age - just slow down.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #28
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I don't think they'll let you sit it out, if that's what you mean. You can choose to let it go to a warrant, and then wait to get arrested and THEN sit it out. Haha.

Your deferred from two weeks ago is now null and void unless you can get these two new tickets dismissed. You'll be lucky to be able to afford insurance once these hit your record. Yikes.

You're pretty young, too? Your myspace page says 18. Take it from somebody twice your age - just slow down.
yeah but i heard its going to look alot worse getting that warrent and sitting it out. now im going to have to take care of the previous ticket as well since its going to be vioded cuz of the other 2 tickets.

yes im 19
Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #29
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
yeah but i heard its going to look alot worse getting that warrent and sitting it out. now im going to have to take care of the previous ticket as well since its going to be vioded cuz of the other 2 tickets.

yes im 19
Oh, well. When I was your age I also had a lot of speeding tickets. There was a time when my car insurance was more than my car payment. My last speeding ticket was in Nov, 1994. <--- that, alone, has gotten me out of a ticket.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #30
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

dam youve gone without a ticket for almost as long as ive lived lol
Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #31
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
dam youve gone without a ticket for almost as long as ive lived lol
You shut your mouth when you talk to me!

Um... actually, you stop typing when you're typing at me... well, that doesn't really work, either. At least I'm not as old as my sister.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #32
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

haha well i really do appreciate your input. i have a month to decide what im going to do.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #33
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Don't wait. Take it from me. Other comes up at the last minute, and sometimes we don't all get so lucky.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #34
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
Don't wait. Take it from me. Other comes up at the last minute, and sometimes we don't all get so lucky.
preciate your help bro. im going to give him a call tomorrow before its the weekend!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #35
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
All the cops I know get paid OT for going to court. One of my co-workers had a ticket reset by the defendant to a day that wasn't good for him. He called the Judge and reset it to a better date.
so what happens when i just go to court a couple weeks ahead of time? cop wouldnt know because i just did a walk in.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 AM   #36
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Jesus Christ. Maybe somebody should sticky this quote. Like the 5th time I've had to post it this month. Anid it is only the 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I am never adamant about much. I know there is usually more than 1 way to skin a cat, in anything in life.

But this I am going to say cuz I get so frustrated when people won't listen...so this may be my farewell for giving ticket advice.

I used to drive and ride crazy as . Still do sometimes. I probably put 50k miles per year in my truck and about 12k on my bike. All city miles...except for probably 1/2 of the bike miles.

For the last 10 years I have been using the same lawyer for my tickets. He charges $100 per ticket. So...you get a speeding ticket...$100.00. You get a speeding ticket an runnin a red light...$200.00...etc.

I have had probably 25 tickets in the last 10 years. I have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER...did I say EVER? Been convicted of a SINGLE TRAFFIC violation when I hired this particular lawyer.

Also, I have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER...did I say EVER? Paid a SINGLE PENNY in court costs.

And finally, I have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER... did I say ever? Received deferred adjudication.

My driving record is immaculate.

So dont tell me I dont knnow what I am talking about. Don't tell me that this aint true. Don't tell me that it is impossible. Don't tell me anything! I know what the I am talking about and I have lived it.

So, you guys can do what you want....you can listen to people who think they know what they are talking about...you can hire this gimmicky lawyer or that cheap lawyer....I dont care. But I am offerring this advice up one more time, just in case.

His name is David Sprecher. His number is 713-693-2600. He doesnt guarantee that he will get you off, but I am telling you they have a 100% success rate with me, personally.

And yes...you have to go to court and spend a day there.

Don't tell him I sent you, he doesnt pay me. Don't tell him I sent you, I dont get a discount for it. Dont tell him I sent you, he aint my homeboy. I dont give a . I am putting this out there for YOUR benefit.

That is all!

:rant:
Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #37
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
Check with attorney David Sprecher (offices on Montrose). He's gotten several of my tickets dismissed over the years. Another tactic is to try and get deferred adjudication for the ticket. Generally that means you pay a slightly lesser fine but it doesn't hit your driving record/insurance.
sprecher no showed on me for a court date on clay road. kept my $ though.
koubosch (sp?) did the same thing
Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #38
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
I keep hearing my friends talking about how hiring a lawyer for a speeding ticket can get dismissed. they always told me that the lawyer can keep pushing the court date back and back until it just gets dismissed? anyone with positive input on this statement?

Deferred adjudication is always a good route to go. You pay the fine, but it doesn't go on your record.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #39
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Quote:

yes im 19
it does not get voided unless ur convicted of the other two tickets.. thats why i tell postpone them ur self or get a lawyer to do it for kuz that is all he can do for you really.. the reason others have spent their day in court all day then walked away is kuz the officer didnt show,but lawyer dont tell u that so it looks like he actually did somethingplease wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page:facep alm:

Last edited by boner12; 10-08-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typos
boner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #40
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Im not reading this . If you just got deferred you need an att. They will both stick if you dont beat this most recent one. You have to pay to play.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement