MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #21
zero4o3

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
heh, I had something like that happen to me at Friendly Ford in Crosby once, only it was a wholesale deal, I picked up a truck and resold it, four months go by, they call me up and say they need it back. I said "What are you talking about?" They said the financing fell through on the deal and they needed the truck back. So they had been letting someone drive for MONTHS in a brand new truck, run up all kinds of miles and they were never even approved to buy the thing.
so i dont get it you got the truck from a dealer and sold it hten the dealer wanted it back? :dontknow: im dumb
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any members work at a car dealership? PEARSON627 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-21-2011 05:24 AM
Does anyone work in sales at honda car dealership?? DjKineticz Off Topic 0 10-13-2009 05:11 PM
Anyone work at a Car Dealership? Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 31 02-07-2009 11:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #22
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #23
zero4o3

after reading over everything im not so sure this guy was really on the up and up about everything
Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 AM   #24
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4o3
so i dont get it you got the truck from a dealer and sold it hten the dealer wanted it back? :dontknow: im dumb

First you gotta understand, I sell cars for a living. So I (as a business) wholesaled a trade-in from that dealership.. someone traded it in for lets say $1, I paid the dealership $1.25 then resold it for $1.75. After I had sold it, the dealership where I bought it from wanted it back because the person who traded it in originally could not get financed (after 4 months of trying) for a new vehicle they HAD BEEN DRIVING.

Quite possibly the dumbest things I had ever witnessed in my life. I don't even see how it was able to happen, But it did.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:01 AM   #25
zero4o3

Quote:
First you gotta understand, I sell cars for a living. So I (as a business) wholesaled a trade-in from that dealership.. someone traded it in for lets say $1, I paid the dealership $1.25 then resold it for $1.75. After I had sold it, the dealership where I bought it from wanted it back because the person who traded it in originally could not get financed (after 4 months of trying) for a new vehicle they HAD BEEN DRIVING.

Quite possibly the dumbest things I had ever witnessed in my life. I don't even see how it was able to happen, But it did.
ok i missed the part where you sold cars
Old 07-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #26
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
<--- :topsecret =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:42 PM   #27
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
hahaha^^

I had heard about this happening a few years ago. It was in the tv news. I forgot what they named this type of practice.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #28
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:

That happen to a lady i know, gave her one truck 2 months later took it back and said that cant finance her and give her another truck and after 2 more months they want that truck back still saying they cant finace her. All the while they never paid off her trade in so she had to pay for that truck that she did not even have. So she wanted her old truck that she had traded in back and they said they couldnt find it, that went on for a few months until they got channel 13 involved and they found her truck in less than 24 hrs.
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #29
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
+1

he still has the keys,so if i was him i would go get my vehicle
werd... and i would kick the salesperson in the peanut!!!
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #30
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

thats BS that they are not considering this as a criminal case.. they had no right to take back the truck. they fuc*ed up and was upset that he didn't return the truck "in-good faith"... the sealership screws all their customers over left and right, why should this guy give them back a truck they agreed on selling to him at that certain price. this is retarded, i hope this happens to me because i will fuc the dealer so hard it wouldn't be funny. i'm going to talk to my neighbor about this, i am sure he is going to laugh... (him and his wife are lawyers)
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #31
andrave

anyone who knows anything about law can tell you that this case would revolve around contract theory and agency theory. And if he sues, he will win. He had reason to believe that the salesman's conduct could bind the dealership into the deal, and the contract will be valid even if the manager says the contract required his signature.
the only question is, is it worth paying a lawyer to take the case?
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #32
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

Bill heard sux anyway? They allways have a scandle going on. I'm out on them.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #33
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
anyone who knows anything about law can tell you that this case would revolve around contract theory and agency theory. And if he sues, he will win. He had reason to believe that the salesman's conduct could bind the dealership into the deal, and the contract will be valid even if the manager says the contract required his signature.
the only question is, is it worth paying a lawyer to take the case?
is it possible that he(the buyer) could force the dealership to pay for is attorney fees for starting this mess? (if he wins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
andrave

well most of the time a plaintiff's lawyer is going to take a percentage of the winnings in texas.

And there would be the issue of the manner of payment I wasn't really paying attention in my payment systems class to know enough about a "hold check" and all that.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement