MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #41
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaflatoonx View Post
So this is just a discussion - I am sure i will get bashed by some who say "it depends on you" but I just wanted to get an opinion....

My back starts hurting if i go 25 - 30 min straight on a sport bike... and i am just 27... I have been told its cuz i dont have a strong enough stomach and i need to do situps....

But i was just wonder... for forest rides, and country side rides and just enjoying the road with my wife - should i just give up and get a cruiser...

All my life i have been fascinated by sport bikes... and i still want one... but I know i will enjoy the road/ride more with my wife on a cruiser than on a sports bike....

*sigh*

/vent

Have the best of both worlds, get yourself BOTH.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Splinters in her crotch mathews Off Topic 11 03-08-2012 06:46 PM
Crotch Rocket Clarification Pyrofallout Off Topic 26 07-12-2009 03:43 PM
ulitmate crotch rocket crash pics FuelSlut General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-07-2007 08:24 AM
mini bike to the crotch bentgixxer Off Topic 2 04-15-2007 05:12 AM
crotch rot cashtown Off Topic 9 10-11-2006 10:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #42
Eddy.T

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Diavel
2005 GSXR 600
2015 Ducati Diavel

I have decided - that I am not ready to give up on my passion for sports bikes just yet... lol..... Going to the gym and will be exercising a bit more ... and will try to strengthen my back/stomach....

I will end up buying an r6 or a gsxr 600 if I get one for the right price... but will wait on riding till i feel like i can go 100 - 200 miles without any issues....

Thank you all for your input... It all helps.
Eddy.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #43
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqnguyen2 View Post
I've heard of lowerbacks and wrists getting sore when riding on a sport bike since i was young. I'm a new rider for about 1.5 months with an R6 and have had no issues except wrists and fingers getting sore.

The longest i've ridden was three hours with three 8-minute breaks. I expected to have a sore back but this has not been the case.

I used to work out a lot so I think that is the defining reason why my back does not get sore. I recommend working out on your abs with weights and doing "ab holds" while brushing your teeth in the morning. Also, work on hyper extensions to strengthen your lower back. You'll thank yourself on many occasions because the "core" is very important for a lot of things.
Its more than likely your back doesn't hurt because your'e doing it wrong. I point at the fact that your wrists and fingers are getting sore as proof of this. I bet your upper back gets a little tight too.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #44
KSims1868

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Harley Davidson FXDWG

I don't know if anyone has suggested it...but have you looked at the Yamaha Warrior? I'm a LONG time Harley rider (yes...I just admitted it), but for a while I did have a Yamaha Warrior. Let me tell you...those cruisers ain't no punk!! They will flat out HAUL !! But keep you in a riding position that would be better for a weak back/stomach.

Here's one...not mine, but a great example of one. Prices are pretty cheap for them used too.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/1985747925.html
KSims1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #45
__NATE__

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
This is a beautiful cruiser here
5c1aaa26 d382 49e6 af9b 40d1c3038cdb
Hes right its beautiful for going nice and Slow lol
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #46
nqnguyen2

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2007 R6 Candy Red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Its more than likely your back doesn't hurt because your'e doing it wrong. I point at the fact that your wrists and fingers are getting sore as proof of this. I bet your upper back gets a little tight too.
I honestly don't know if my back is too tight but it feels loose to me. My wrists have been getting a lot better especially the clutch wrist.

I find that my fingers get sore because of the clutch work. The joints of my middle and ring finger feel like it's inflamed. I'm not sure if having small hands is a part of the problem.

Is there anything you can recommend to me so my wrists and fingers don't get sore?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #47
Greg in H-town

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

Don't forget that you have feet. Try putting a little more weight on the pegs and use your thighs and knees to grip the seat and tank so that your lower back can pick you up a little.
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
Hebert

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
2005 GSXR 600 - Sold
2010 XR1200 - Sold

$3700 out the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suzuki-tu250-right.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	39179  
Hebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #49
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by __NATE__ View Post
Hes right its beautiful for going nice and Slow lol
yeah, it has to go "slow" to let all those 'busas try and keep up,
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #50
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqnguyen2 View Post

Is there anything you can recommend to me so my wrists and fingers don't get sore?

Stop holding your torso up off the bike with them
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement