MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Lorenzo's post-race interview

I absofuckinglutely LOVE the fact that Loren-tho basically compared his race with The GOAT's other aggressive battles with Moaner and Gibberchoke! One a known whiner who was beaten by Rossi to the point of personal "illness", the other a known whiner who was beaten in to submission by Rossi until he retired.

Not the company I'd be comparing myself with... but to each his own

Is the the dawn of the new Lorenzo image? One of self-pity and martyrdom? Could this be the beginning of the end? Next year with Elbowz on a factory ride, Rossi on the Duc, Pedrosa continuing to ride well (while tires contact pavement at least) on the Honda, Hayden getting along with the Duc... etc, etc, I think we'll see those folks give Lorenzo more of a challenge next year. He had it easy this year with folks plagued with injury and bike problems.

Is it time to start chopping up Lorenzo's name to reflect his new persona? Loathrenzo? Lorespecto?

I really shouldn't be liking this so much; I know it's wrong, but dang man grow a sack and come back next race or next season and put it to Rossi if you think you can! Don't whine about "Oh, he's so aggressive, it's legal but one day his competitors are not going to be so nice..."
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ben Spies WSBK post race interview wiayeman Taking it to the Track 9 10-26-2009 11:35 AM
Lorenzo might not race this weekend castrolr1 Taking it to the Track 1 05-02-2008 11:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

I knew there would be a 'Moaneresque" response to the on track battle. It was truly great to watch. Perhaps JLo should watch some old videos as Rainey and Schwantz used to do that every weekend not too long ago.

JLo will be beaten by all of the aliens AND Elbowz next season. He doesn't have the bottle for it.............
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

suck it lorenzo.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
maxgs

Member Garage

No subscription to MotoGP Videos. What did I miss in the Lorenzo video?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

well when he i interviewed in english his translation is not quite right.
when you listen to the spanish interview,it really sounds more like a threat than i whine<sp>.
and he clearly says that rossi was right on his pass/battle but eventually someone was gonna fed up and do it to rossi.
i agree though,rossi just keeps mentally breaking those guys LOL
jibberwho,broke him with the leg out pass
moaner,broke him on the GOAT(pun intended) trail pass at lagunas cork screw
biaggi,flip-off'getoff my track/ slap after the race
and now Lorenzo with the busted shoulder and fresh bionic leg.
then he jumps off the bike giggling like a 12 year old boy who just saw his 1st set of to congratulate him for almost passing him back LOL EPIC....
next year,shishh,the rest of the season is gonna be wild.
CMRA #131 Novice
"Ramrod Racing" #13

IMG 29388 1
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

I think you guys are seriously under estimating Jlo much as I'm no great fan of his.
If you think Jlo hasn't got the for it then you didn't watch his 125 and early 250 years.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

I do believe that Jlo has earned his title this year, Rossi or not, Dani has put in a great showing this year with minimal crashes, Dovi is doing so well and Stoner is messing that up for him by knocking him off the Factory bike, next year should be great but i feel that this season has come to an end already.

Can't wait to see Ben on the Factory bike, and i hope Cal does ok but he'll need at least 2 years to get up to speed.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
JLo will be beaten by all of the aliens AND Elbowz next season. He doesn't have the bottle for it.............
+1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51eviltwin View Post
well when he i interviewed in english his translation is not quite right.
when you listen to the spanish interview,it really sounds more like a threat than i whine<sp>.
and he clearly says that rossi was right on his pass/battle but eventually someone was gonna fed up and do it to rossi.
That's what he said in the english version too and even said "Rossi was legal" a couple of times. The part that I interpret as "whining" was about that comment though- "... one day someone was going to do it to Rossi...". It was like a threat I agree, but it was like that [i][u]Friday[i][u] dialog about Deebo...

I know it's tough for these guys to speak english and their native language will articulate better, but the content is what I was really referring to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I think you guys are seriously under estimating Jlo much as I'm no great fan of his.
If you think Jlo hasn't got the for it then you didn't watch his 125 and early 250 years.
Oh yes I did, and I agree with you that those were some epic battles; he earned his moniker of "'Round the Outside" for sure. But then again, I was entirely enamored with Stoner's 250 career as well... and was a big fan of King James in WSBK... and even a fan of Biaggi prior to the "elbow" incident and the events that unfolded after. After the prior two's entrance to MotoGP (Stoner's second year actually) I lost admiration for both of them because of the whining, and the Biaggi thing speaks for itself.

I'll say this, as far as go, I don't think he'll have them with Rossi in the future or certainly for the rest of this season. Rossi DOES have mind control over Deebo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
I do believe that Jlo has earned his title this year, Rossi or not, Dani has put in a great showing this year with minimal crashes, Dovi is doing so well and Stoner is messing that up for him by knocking him off the Factory bike, next year should be great but i feel that this season has come to an end already.

Can't wait to see Ben on the Factory bike, and i hope Cal does ok but he'll need at least 2 years to get up to speed.
I disagree about Lorenzo "earning" it, he was good enough to not fall victim to injury and not finishing races, but he really didn't have to compete too much this year to end up where he did. All he had to do was stay on the wheels. I totally agree that this is a premature ending to the season, and for that I am totally disappointed.

I'm excited to see Cal on the Tech 3 but I don't look for him to emulate Elbowz results too soon.

We shall see!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
any links to the end of that last race .. my dvr decided to only record the 1st half
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Rossi is the MASTER of mind games no doubt but young Jlo has dealt with the "wall", some horrendous accidents in his first year and in only his second is poised to win the World Championship convincingly, all in the shadow of the GOAT.
Mentally he's stronger than Stoner or Giberchoke () imo.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010...ttle+at+Motegi
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Rossi is the MASTER of mind games no doubt but young Jlo has dealt with the "wall", some horrendous accidents in his first year and in only his second is poised to win the World Championship convincingly, all in the shadow of the GOAT.
Mentally he's stronger than Stoner or Giberchoke () imo.
He had better be!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #13
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
He had better be!
I think he is but no one is as strong as Rossi
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
Quote:
need a video pass ... time to hit up google for this video
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
GO DINGO!!!!!! lets go for 3,4 5 in a row. Next year will show true colors for a lot of riders including Dingo, lolipo, Flossi, speets, etc.

He was not whining, he has worked hard to get the championship, it is not his fault the other riders/bikes can't get their chit together, i don't like the spanish pr*ck but he deserves it.

He said that at somepoint some rider will not stand valentinos tactics when he is desperate and will do it to him. Can you imagine if someone takes flossi down? He will be killed.

Who are the most hated riders out there?????

Yes, you guessed right, those that either challenge valentino or beat him - Fact.

Fanboys at its best, i guess you will be rooting for Uccio when he is general manager wearing pink shirts.

And admit it, the Goat doesn't get to be the Goat for playing nice, he is the most talented rider as well as dirty with a lot of luck.

YES HE JUMPED THE START, great battle but in my book he should have been behing speeezz.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
GO DINGO!!!!!! lets go for 3,4 5 in a row. Next year will show true colors for a lot of riders including Dingo, lolipo, Flossi, speets, etc.

He was not whining, he has worked hard to get the championship, it is not his fault the other riders/bikes can't get their chit together, i don't like the spanish pr*ck but he deserves it.

He said that at somepoint some rider will not stand valentinos tactics when he is desperate and will do it to him. Can you imagine if someone takes flossi down? He will be killed.

Yes, you guessed right, those that either challenge valentino or beat him - Fact.

Fanboys at its best, i guess you will be rooting for Uccio when he is general manager wearing pink shirts.

And admit it, the Goat doesn't get to be the Goat for playing nice, he is the most talented rider as well as dirty with a lot of luck.

YES HE JUMPED THE START, great battle but in my book he should have been behing speeezz.
Can't argue with any of that. I was shocked that he didn't get a jump start too.

'Tis true that the racers that tangle with Rossi are the least favorite, but let's look at them:

Biaggi- IMHO, he "started it" with the elbow incident. He's since learned from the Rossi experience I think, though he wasn't able to control himself with Crutchlow too well!
Gibberchoke- Arrogant . Although you gotta admire him for never giving up. Sete made some extremely questionable passes on Rossi too, it was definitely a two-way street there.
Stoner- 'Nuff said, aside from the Laguna incident their races were clean. Stoner didn't like the aggressive style, but gawd dang man this is premiere class racing what do you expect? There are billions of dollars invested in these teams/ riders, "win at all cost" has been relegated to the back seat by the price of admission to this level of racing.
Recently with Lorenzo- Each pass I saw was clean. The ones that Yourgay was complaining about Rossi clearly had the inside line and he came down on Rossi. Two bikes can't occupy the same space at the same time, it's been tried.

What do all these riders have in common up to this point? They all complained about Rossi and said he's "too aggressive"; although ALL of them came up through the ranks to get where they are/ were by being aggressive in the under-series'. Sete and Stoner especially had the win it or bin it mentality in 250's, all of them (Biaggi, Stoner, Gibbernau, and Lorenzo) have been complained about being "too aggressive" on their way to wins also!

What I don't like is the whining and excuses. Don't like the aggressive passing? Suck it up and give it back or go home.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post

He was not whining, he has worked hard to get the championship, it is not his fault the other riders/bikes can't get their chit together, i don't like the spanish pr*ck but he deserves it. agreed

He said that at somepoint some rider will not stand valentinos tactics when he is desperate and will do it to him. Can you imagine if someone takes flossi down? He will be killed. and rightly so

it's just Stoner we hate

I wouldn't call him dirty, just hard as nails
see vid

oh come on
Old 10-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #18
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Can't argue with any of that. I was shocked that he didn't get a jump start too.

'Tis true that the racers that tangle with Rossi are the least favorite, but let's look at them:

Biaggi- IMHO, he "started it" with the elbow incident. He's since learned from the Rossi experience I think, though he wasn't able to control himself with Crutchlow too well!
Gibberchoke- Arrogant . Although you gotta admire him for never giving up. Sete made some extremely questionable passes on Rossi too, it was definitely a two-way street there.
Stoner- 'Nuff said, aside from the Laguna incident their races were clean. Stoner didn't like the aggressive style, but gawd dang man this is premiere class racing what do you expect? There are billions of dollars invested in these teams/ riders, "win at all cost" has been relegated to the back seat by the price of admission to this level of racing.
Recently with Lorenzo- Each pass I saw was clean. The ones that Yourgay was complaining about Rossi clearly had the inside line and he came down on Rossi. Two bikes can't occupy the same space at the same time, it's been tried.

What do all these riders have in common up to this point? They all complained about Rossi and said he's "too aggressive"; although ALL of them came up through the ranks to get where they are/ were by being aggressive in the under-series'. Sete and Stoner especially had the win it or bin it mentality in 250's, all of them (Biaggi, Stoner, Gibbernau, and Lorenzo) have been complained about being "too aggressive" on their way to wins also!

What I don't like is the whining and excuses. Don't like the aggressive passing? Suck it up and give it back or go home.
I don't buy into that at all Tom,
perhaps in North America but in Europe and Asia Biaggi particularly is huge,
I would guesstimate that next to Rossi, Lorenzo and Biaggi have the biggest fan turnout at non-home events.
Maybe fighting with Rossi has made them what they are
Old 10-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #19
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
I don't buy into that at all Tom,
perhaps in North America but in Europe and Asia Biaggi particularly is huge,
I would guesstimate that next to Rossi, Lorenzo and Biaggi have the biggest fan turnout at non-home events.
Maybe fighting with Rossi has made them what they are
Conceded. Negative connotations and perceptions perhaps put that in my head.

With the Spanish, Spanish riders will always be well-supported IMHO; they love their riders! In Biaggi's home town or his part of Italy I can see this, but not world-wide or in Europe at least back then. I think he's learned from his Rossi experience and has since clawed back to popularity.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #20
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Dude, the last two laps were EPIC! I think Lorenzo will get even with Rossi, and as long it's "legal" I'm sure Rossi won't mind much, he's a racer as well as a terrific showman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement