MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #61
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

Havent seen you in forever JMAC
lanzer913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who else rode the bike in today? GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 12-22-2008 04:33 PM
My neighbor rode his bike into a ditch...( no helmet) Jay Off Topic 16 10-09-2008 12:03 PM
Just test rode my first liter bike... blends General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 10-08-2008 08:36 AM
Rode the bike to work today... TxBritt08R1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 07-06-2007 07:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #62
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

400-500 miles in a day, times 3 or 4 in a row.. I hate interstates tho so those are all backroads.

Who wants to go to Arkansas?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #63
JMAC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzer913 View Post
Havent seen you in forever JMAC
I totaled bike last Halloween day in Arkansas. My so called friends stopped in road on downhill blind turn to rubberneck at wreck. I came around corner and they were blocking road, had to eat the ditch. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, haven't replace bike yet. Actually I don't know if I trust anyone enough to go riding with again, and riding by yourself kinda boring. Anyway, I'm still around, doing a lot of mountain biking now
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #64
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Jmac. that sucks. Thats one of my worries when riding with new peeps... and another reason to lead...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #65
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
I totaled bike last Halloween day in Arkansas. My so called friends stopped in road on downhill blind turn to rubberneck at wreck. I came around corner and they were blocking road, had to eat the ditch. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, haven't replace bike yet. Actually I don't know if I trust anyone enough to go riding with again, and riding by yourself kinda boring. Anyway, I'm still around, doing a lot of mountain biking now
your alive to live another day, bike can be replaced.
lanzer913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #66
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

[QUOTE=texlurch;2673199] Jmac. that sucks. Thats one of my worries when riding with new peeps... and another reason to lead...[/QUOT

The hard part to swallow was these were my best friends that I trusted and rode many thousand miles with all over Texas and Arkansas. I came down with food poison the night we got to Eureka Springs and didn't ride the first day, in bed all day. Wasn't gonna ride but did that day and thats why I was in the back. Learned a good lesson that day. Even the people you are positive are your best friends will deny responsibility in their actions. There were witnesses to the whole thing, and I definitely know exactly what happened, but to this day will tell you they didn't stop in the road. Lost a lot of respect for all involved, but being the swell guy I am, I still tolerate their presence. Totalled my bike, helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, boots but walked away.......Live and learn
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #67
Badchev
Slow

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
lol im going to try that this month...not the gay hippy part, now if it were a VW full of barely legal white girls then...
Now THAT would be fun!!
I've had a few SS bikes, the RC was the most miserable, but it was a built to win races and they are awesome bikes. One of the few that I'd like to have back in the garage.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #68
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Surprised no one has mentioned Nick Sanders:
Round the world in 2005 on an R1 in 19 days and 4 hours. I wonder what comfort mods he has on it.
http://www.nicksanders.com/index.htm
How far have you rode your sport bike?
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #69
twisthappy900
Melting Metal

Bike(s):
08 s3

From vidor to reno nv. Feb of 2006. Riding an 05 gsxr 1000 Made it to el paso the first night. It raied and hailed for about 4 hours on me on the other side of san antonio. After i slept a few hours i drove to mesa az. I only stopped to see a friend i had not seen in years. From there i went to vegas and saw some more friends. Then onto reno. I did get a ticket in the middle of nevada for 95 in a 65. I was excited he didnt get me at 120 which is what i had been doing for a cpl hours. If i remember right it was around 33 or 34 hours. I will post some pics when i get home from work.
twisthappy900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #70
Smurfzilla

Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR

Chicago to Daytona Beach on a CBR600f2 for bike week. Took 3 days to get there, and was so miserable by the time we got there we didn't have much fun. Rented a U-Haul and strapped the bikes down for the drive back.

Goes down as one of the stupidest things I ever have done.
Smurfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #71
Triumphant

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

Quote:
I am a little crazy and have been accused of having a bad attitude at times. I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, but thanks so much for your OPINION
I thought you had a Kawasaki 1400 that went down and you had to replace it. I might have misunderstood.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #72
Totallymad

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
Ducati 848
Ninja 250
Honda CBR600RR

600 miles round trip--and was sore for a few days. Couldn't shave the next day as the smile was still on my face. I did it because a few of my buddies said I wouldn't do it and I have no regrets except for all the bugs that stuck to the front of the bike. It took several washings to get all of them off.
Totallymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #73
jb8223

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 cbr 600rr SOLD
01 kawasaki zx6 sold
00 yamaha vstar 650 SOLD

Member Garage

dude my hips start to hurt on long rides
jb8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #74
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

I've done a 600 mile day a few times, not too bad, just my hand going numb.

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #75
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
Got called back to my boat while on leave. Houston to Charleston, South Carolina. It was about 1200 miles. I left sometime in the afternoon and made muster the next morning 8am. Rode straight through only stopping for gas, otherwise I wouldn't have made it on time. This was on a 95 ZX-6R.
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #76
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #77
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
Hmm I may have to sit on a few VFR800/Interceptors and see what I think.
any time you plan on being in Humble give me a shout. I will let you sit on it. Riding it is a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphant View Post
Are you crazy. You do know that your bike was built on a super sport tour model. The Kawasaki Concours is the most incredible sport tour bike in the world and it cost less than all of the others. It also had much better looking lines than your 14 ever did. Any sport bike rider would love that bike. That is the ultimate in comfort, power and reliability. Not to mention it will destroy and smaller sport bike on the road.
I would disagree with the councours statement. I wouldn't say it is the best. I looked at them, the heat they blow on you in traffic was a big negative for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
I almost bought a VFR, they are a fine bike. My brother has the new 1200VFR, now that has some .
I finally sat on one this last weekend. Feels sportier than what I have and it has 65 more hp. Needless to say I want one but mine is paid for and I don't want a loan.

Quote:
Yea, I don't ride with other people unless it is my family. Only one or two other people I trust and they don't have bikes anymore. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Riding alone really isn't that bad once you get used to it. Can be quite refreshing.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #78
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Two week summer trip in 1993 on my 93 Bandit 400. 7k RPM's at 70. St. Louis to Denver to Dallas to Austin to New Orleans to St. Louis. Maybe 3500 miles. I was 22 and didn't really know what uncomfortable meant, though in two weeks I learned that tee shirts don't qualify as riding gear in Colorado after dark, and that rain really can hurt. I slept a few nights at rest stops cuddled up to the motor of the bike to keep warm. All this with no gloves, no boots, no jacket, and a backpack of jeans, t shirts, swim trunks, and underwear. Those were the days...having too much adventure to know how stupid I was. I think I did it all on like $150 bucks.

1989 bandit400 450
Old 10-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #79
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Hmm, you total your bike on a downhill blind corner where you ditch to avoid motor vehicles stopped in the roadway. Pls re-assess your riding skills and stop blaming others....before you get back on two wheels.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #80
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
i think you guys should invest in Sport Tourers
that would be gay.

Advertisement