MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Great deal on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1291wt_938
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Look what a great deal!!!! drsmallo General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-27-2009 05:01 PM
great deal!!! T0mMyGun General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-15-2009 05:05 PM
GREAT DEAL? OR NOT? speedjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-27-2007 06:13 PM
EBay Deal Of The Week. atomicmoondog General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-08-2006 08:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Kodak
Riding Solo Now

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600

hahaa EPIC
Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

lol

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Group buy?
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

If it was chrome I'd be all over this one
JMAC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

As long as I can look like the guy in the Pic, I'll buy two!!!!!

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Stricken55
Zoom Zoom

Bike(s):
12' Stratoliner Deluxe
RC51 SP2
FZ6R (sold)
SV650 (sold)
KLX250SF (sold)

The item questions below the ad are hilarious!
Stricken55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I bought a Yamaha Zuma to use as a pit bike from an older gentleman and he gave me this helmet because he certainly didn't want to been seen in it. He would Zuma around his lake resort neighborhood and his wife made him wear a helmet. He hated it but he's been married to her for almost 60 years so he just wore the helmet and kept his mouth shut. Good call.

He did pull the Harley sticker from the front of the helmet in an effort to retain some dignity but the chin strap still has the tell-tale H-D which, as you all know, stands for quality.

This helmet has a DOT sticker on the back. I can't imagine that it would do any good in a crash. The box I'm shipping this little jewel in outweighs the helmet. Weekend Harley guys only put about 4.7 miles per week on the bikes anyway so I guess it's not much of a problem. They go from home to Starbucks to some cheesy little burger joint that caters to the weekend Harley crowd then back home to park over the oil spot.

Real bikers like the Banditos, Hells Angels, etc ride about 3000 miles per month wearing a do-rag or a WWII German Panzer helmet. I'm reasonably sure they are not looking at this listing for some made-in-china-piece-of- with a HD logo.

Hey all you CPAs, Airline Pilots, Lawyers, Doctors and biker poser wannabees, check out the picture in the listing and you can see that this thing really does work. Notice how it takes just some average old guy and turns him into a totally scary badass looking UFC fighter kick- kind of guy that nobody in their right mind would mess with. Wow! Even sitting on a 50cc Zuma with plaid shorts that's not somebody I would want to rile.

As you can see from the photo, it has some cheesy flame pattern molded into the shell of the helmet. My guess is that this has nothing to do with speed but rather is a reminder not to light a match around the oil leaking, 1920's technology, piece of you are sitting on. Think of it as a public service announcement.

If the winner of the auction doesn't actually want to take possession of the helmet I will post a youtube video of running over the helmet with my Dodge 4X4 Diesel Megacab 2500 and burying the carcass.

If you are starting a band like "The Village People" this would be a perfect costume piece.

I'm starting this auction at one cent, which is what this is worth. I'd throw it away but I don't want the trash guys to think I'm gay. If you win this helmet for a penny you are paying way too much but what the heck, it's your money.

By the way.....this thing is huge! It's a size XXL, as if it wasn't stupid looking enough already. Maybe you can rip the liner out of it and use it for a potato salad server. I just want to get rid of it.

Good luck bidding!

I'd throw it away but I don't want the trash guys to think I'm gay LOL
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Q: Just a heads-up. I know of a guy who took great offense at your ad and turned you in to ebay. Maybe you can modify it just enough to avoid having it taken down.
A: Yeah, I've had some threats. One guy was going to kick my . I asked him if he was going to hit me with his purse. He screamed something like "It's not a purse! It's a European satchel!" or... Continue reading
Sep 18, 2010
Q: I own a Honda. If I wear the helmet will my motor rev faster?
A: I don't think so. In fact, the bike probably won't even start until you take the helmet off. That shouldn't keep you from bidding on this fine item however. It has many other uses. If you take your... Continue reading
Sep 18, 2010
Q: Don't have a Herman Munster sized noggin but couldn't resist bidding just for the simple fact this is an awesome listing. Haven't laughed this much in awhile. Thanks bottom-drawer ~R
A: I sure appreciate you bidding on this thing. I go out in the garage and it just looks at me. I'll be glad when it's gone.
Sep 17, 2010
Q: Greetings, if I buy this helmet then can you direct me to where I can purchase one of these "Harley" motorcycles? My Doctor says I need to be more active and I'd like to start spending my weekends riding to... Continue reading
A: If it will get you to buy this piece of then I think it's very cool indeed. Seriously though, I don't think you should limit your shopping to leather goods. As another ebay member pointed out there are... Continue reading
Sep 16, 2010
Q: You do realize that you could get twice as much money for this thing if you had it chromed, right?
A: I'm sure you're right. Kind of sad isn't it?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

jeebus christ, this is AWESOME
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Just too funny! Sorry I missed the bidding.. I would have put in on it just because.. lol
Old 10-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricken55 View Post
The item questions below the ad are hilarious!
yeah they are so good it's almost like it was set up.

Q: I own a Honda. If I wear the helmet will my motor rev faster? Sep-18-10
A: I don't think so. In fact, the bike probably won't even start until you take the helmet off. That shouldn't keep you from bidding on this fine item however. It has many other uses. If you take your family camping you could use it for a portable toilet. It should last a family of four about a week before it needs to be emptied.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #13
Infinite
night prowler

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600RR (sold)
06 GSXR 600 (sold)
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
93 CBR 900 (sold)
06 RC51 (sold)

18 bids so far