MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Any tips on replacing hydraulic clutch cable?

This will be my first time to replace a hydraulic clutch cable. Any helpful tips? It seems straight forward. Drain, replace, refill, bleed, wheelie to test. There is always something I wish I would have known whenever doing things for the first time though.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tune up and replacing clutch on cbr1000rr HoustonGSXR General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-11-2014 11:15 AM
Cable clutch or hydraulic ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-13-2011 09:59 AM
clutch cable tundra01 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 02-26-2007 07:24 PM
Clutch cable flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-12-2006 03:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

i think that is about it !
Old 09-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

hydraulic clutch line. no cable in there,lol. make sure you don't get any fluid on ANY painted surfaces. takes paint right off.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
make sure you don't lose any of the parts when removing the slave cylinder. If I remember correctly, push rod only goes in one way, but had some type of sleeve that went over the push rod itself. Oh yeah, make sure not to bleed and build too much pressure. I did this and when I went put into gear the bike it wouldn't move....took it to Motorcycles Unlimited and brandon said fluid shot clear across the shop when he cracked the bleeder.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
make sure you don't lose any of the parts when removing the slave cylinder. If I remember correctly, push rod only goes in one way, but had some type of sleeve that went over the push rod itself. Oh yeah, make sure not to bleed and build too much pressure. I did this and when I went put into gear the bike it wouldn't move....took it to Motorcycles Unlimited and brandon said fluid shot clear across the shop when he cracked the bleeder.
Got it. I'm also installing an upgraded slave cylinder piston. Apparently the one on this Husky has a seal that fails. This thing has turned me into a mechanic again. Haven't really worked on bike since I sold my 67' Triumph. Mostly preventative measures, but only had it for a couple weeks and already will have done a lot of work. Bled all the squishy lines. Fixed fuel pump, fixed low fuel sensor, rebuilt slave cyclinder, replaced clutch line, replaced sprockets, new body panels, set suspension, and adjusted valves. Maybe I'll actually get a chance to ride it soon. LOL.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote